“Expected the best” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Expected the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Hilton ...always thought they did it best...no...the negatives are the wine glasses did not match nor did the beakers...dust on the top of ledges etc ...breakfast..no eggs ready ...had to ask for milk sugar a glass salt....these should be on the tables as standard not as extras.. No not impressed at all..even the view was just okay
Positives .. cloud 23 amazing views lovely ambience chilled..will go again...tv size great...staff nice...beds comfY...bath deep...towels large
I don't think I would stay again unless I got a really good deal

Room Tip: I requested high floor was coated on floor 6...higher up better view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone, we appreciate it.

I am really pleased that you had a great night’s sleep in our comfortable beds and that you had the time to visit and enjoy Cloud 23 during your time with us.

I am really pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and they have been made aware of your kind words as they serve as a great motivator

However, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. Your feedback has been shared with our Podium restaurant Manager to ensure that there is no recurrence.

We are pleased to be able to offer great deals via various avenues and we do hope that you are able to take advantage of one of our promotions and stay with us again in the future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Visited for awards show, had been told about hotel and that it was the place to go.
Impressed on arrival, looked good. Checked in and found room easy. On closer inspection though, looked as though cleaners had just waved duster at the room. Moved a few things to find dust everywhere. Rest if stay was fine, cloud 23 was good, breakfast decent and generally it was okay.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am delighted that you received a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the housekeeping issues in your room. I can assure you that our Housekeeping team have been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments as all areas of the hotel are ordinarily of a very high standard.

We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards
Wallasey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before a concert, great building that you can't miss in finding. You have the sky bar on the top floor (near enough), the rooms are modernity decorated, lifts plush and fast, staff ok, if not a bit sterile (corporate side effect).

Would go again

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate whilst in the city attending a concert. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be suitable for your visit to Manchester.

I am disappointed to read that you found the team members to be ‘sterile’ I have not received this comment before however your feedback has been shared with the teams to enable them to continue in offering all of our guests a warm welcome with efficient service.

Thank for highlighting that you will return to the hotel, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Watford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Manchester has many hotels to offer, however none can compare to the Hilton Deansgate.
The service from the moment you walk in to the time you check out is exceptional.
The rooms are beautiful, the gym and pool are excellent and the food is great too.

Make sure you visit Cloud 23 and have a cocktail whilst you are there!

Hilton Honours Reward Scheme available here for added benefits.

Room Tip: Ensure you enrol into the Honors scheme, once you get Gold status, you will be able to take advantag...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently. I am delighted to note that you are a valued HH member.

It is such a pleasure to read that enjoyed your time with us and thank you for taking the time to compete this review following your stay.

We really do appreciate your positive comments, my team and I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we certainly hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

ANTWERPEN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

We were here 29 jan 2013. Every month we do a trip and now we taken Hilton becous we think than we are sure that it is good.They were friendly, but in the room we booked 3 rooms in the minibar e open and find a mars that had been eaten half. They compleen and the answer was it must have been yours hm hm. Than a girl take a clean towel in the box and after she used she saw it was been used before and a dark brown stripe she was shoked. We did not say no more because they don't take complains serious. We ask in the evening a table for six and they did not have place for six many tables were free?? When we came in hotel in the noon there was a buffet and we also did not have place to eat. In the toilet there is no cleaning brush. We ask late check out be booking and when we were there it did not go we wait 2 hours in the foyer and they come to ask is it neassesary to stay here. Never had this experience in an hotel. And that for hilton.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am pleased that you choose to stay with us for your visit to Manchester and that you received a friendly welcome to the hotel. However, I am sorry that on this occasion you did not have an enjoyable stay. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment.

I am sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival and I can assure you that our Housekeeping team have been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments and I hope you accept my apologies.

I can assure you that we take all guest feedback on board and I can only apologies if you feel otherwise. All team members are fully trained to deliver a high standard of service and I can assure you that the relevant teams have been visibility of your comments.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future and have a more positive stay.

North West England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

stayed here for a couple of nights just for a break. I did expect to be blown away and thought it may be too posh but it wasn't. It is a very nice hotel. The facilities are outstanding there isn't much more you could ask for either in the room or at the pool/gym area. The hotel have thought of everything. I did expect a little more when it came to service with the Hilton name. The receptionist was friendly but just want to try and get more out of us such as upgrades and membership. No one offered to carry our bags, offer to collect them on checkout, offer wake up calls. Just the little touches you expect from the Hilton name.

The room was well equipped and spacious, the bed was very creaky and very wobbly if either of us moved you felt quite sea sick. It was also extremely warm and stuffy, the views are stunning and I understand part of the hotels charm are the floor to ceiling windows but because they couldn't be opened it was uncomfortable. This is personal to us I'm sure others may find it fine. We turned the air con to cold and turned the fan up but it didn't help much.

The breakfast buffet choice was exceptional BUT the cooked buffet was awful, literally a lot was inedible. Sausages, black pudding, hash browns were all completely dried out. It was a massive disappointment. We went for breakfast at 9.30am so weren't very late. There is plenty of other choice but if you want a cooked breakfast it was awful. We didn't bother going for breakfast on the 2nd day.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am delighted that you found our facilities to be outstanding and that we were able to offer you everything you need in terms of your guest room and our leisure facilities.

However, I am very sorry if you were made to feel uncomfortable on arrival when being offered further services to make your stay more comfortable. The team were merely trying to enhance your stay with us and I am sorry for any discomfort cause as this was certainly not our intention.

The team as a matter of cause offer assistance/information at the time of check in and I am very surprised that you were not offered a wakeup call or luggage assistance. The Reception team have been made aware of your feedback for training purposes.

I am sorry that you found our room to be stuffy and I can only apologise that the building design dictates that we do not have any opening windows and I agree that this is a personal choice.

I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. I can assure you that all food is prepared fresh daily and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I can only apologise that on this occasion that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is certainly not the feedback we ordinarily receive. Usually it is extremely positive however our Restaurant Manager and Executive Head Chef have discussed your comments to prevent receiving similar comments in the future.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Great rooms, good effort by welcoming hotel staff, excellent large function catering with superb quality of food at large functions for up to 550 persons.

Concierge, front of house and restaurant staff provide first class service, with special mention for Tom, catering and beverage manager.

Room Tip: any above 6th floor but 19th floor particularly quiet and enjoys access to the Executive club.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending a
Conference. I am pleased that you found our conference facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during your event and that you found it to be of superb quality.

The team are always happy to offer a friendly and efficient service and they have all been made aware of your comments, especially Tom brown.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

John McLaughlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Hotel Gotham
Hotel Gotham
#3 of 115 in Manchester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,161 reviews

Been to Hilton Manchester Deansgate? Share your experiences!