“What you would expect” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Kettering, United Kingdom
“What you would expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel boasts a flashy building, lobby and bars but basic rooms, which is exactly what I have come to expect from The Hilton chain.
We were here for The Hearts and Minds Charity ball so staff were of course attentive, etc, and Martini cocktails were a nice touch :)
Food was mediocre, running to quite good but I wouldn't say any more than that.
One major complaint: my partner doesn't use lifts, we were on the fourth floor (no rooms any lower than that), and had to track down a member of staff to unlock the fire escape every time we needed to use the stairs!!
Receptionist could have been friendlier.
Well located, very central.
Everything you would expect from a Hilton. Including the overpriced mini-bar and payable mineral water in rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending the Hearts & Minds Charity event which we had the pleasure of hosting.

We are very fortunate to be ideally located within the city and I am pleased that you found our location to be suitable for the many amenities Manchester has to offer.

I can only apologise that the building design dictates that we do not have any open stairs for our guests to reach their guest rooms. However our team members are always more than happy to be able to escorts our guests to and from their rooms 24 hours a day.

I was surprised to read your comment relating to the manner of the Reception team members. All team members offer a friendly and efficient service and I can only apologise if you felt otherwise. The Reception team have been visibility of your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again.

I can assure you that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city with regards to our offerings and I hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

A really special birthday stay, with the executive lounge and the Cloud 23 cocktail bar. A wonderful experience in an executive King room. The bed was sooo comfortable, but not happy with the parking arrangements,Public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 15 per day. Having parked in the NCP next door and had my ticket validated by the hotel still cost me £16.20. Was told no on site parking available at all.
Did not spoil our time in hotel just annoying.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you booked an Executive room to stay with us to celebrate your birthday; it was our pleasure to be part of your celebrations.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you found our guest beds to be very comfortable. I am delighted that you appreciated our recent refurbishments of our Executive Lounge and Cloud 23.

I am sorry that you were unable to use our valet car parking service; we do have a limited number of spaces which do become full very quickly. However, on these occasions we are happy to offer our hotel guests a discount when parking in the NCP adjacent to the hotel, only a few moments walk.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again, when you may be able to enjoy breakfast.

Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Situated in Deansgate, Central Manchester. If you are looking for a quiet stay, with a touch of quality, spa, pool, gym and all at a reasonable price, this is for you. Also, brilliant Indian restaurant, Imli, opposite. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with everyone.

My team and I are delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you had time to use our leisure facilities.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Went to the Hilton for dinner, to catch up with old uni friends - 5 years on...and nothing has changed. Was pleased that we had picked the Hilton to eat and then drinks in the beautiful cloud 23.

The food was lovely and the service equally great. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us for your reunion.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef�s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

I am also delighted that you had a great time whilst in Cloud 23 and that you enjoyed the wonderful cocktails that our mixologists prepare for our guests.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon, maybe on leisure, when we can look after you once again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Hotel looked impressive on arrival. Room was nice with contemporary decor. Requested a low level room as not great with heights. After a long drive and late check-in my family and I were looking forward to a good nights sleep. Unfortunately being positioned right next to the lift bay didn't help as this was quite noisy but it was the constant loud humming sound throughout the night that woke us all up several times and we ended up all getting up at 5am.
When asked at check-out if everything was ok and after explaining the above nothing was said, no apology. Will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that we were able to offer you a low floor as requested.

I am sorry that you believe that the lift was audible from your room. We have received this comment previously from guest rooms that are directly behind the lifts and we made contact with the contractors for the guest’s lifts and they reduced the noise from the lifts. I would like to thank you for your comment as this will allow me to request further investigation.

I am shocked to read that you were not offered an apology following you kindly sharing your comments with our Reception Team. All team members are fully trained to deliver a high standard of service. I can assure you that the entire team on the front desk have been made aware of your comments. I am confident that ill will was intended towards you personally.

I would really appreciate it if you would consider returning to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We had a great stay at the Hilton (our first time there)! We took advantage of a deal i found which gave us a really good rate of £212 for 2 nights including breakfast which is very good for a friday and saturday night in Manchester, bear in mind a similar hotel on those nights can be double that! Our room was a standard Queen room on the 7th floor and it did have one or two little problems like one of the spotlights in the bathroom wasn't working but it was all clean and tidy and something like that isn't a big problem to us because we were hardly in the room except to sleep.

Cloud 23 for afternoon tea just after checking out was also brilliant and we got some amazing views despite the horrible Mancunian weather, it is definitely recommended! Value wise our deal was great with a rate cheaper than the Hilton website and that included breakfast so definitely shop around before booking!

It's a great hotel, the staff were great although we didn't really take advantage of many services to really say much on those sort of things, if you can get a good deal you won't go wrong here!

Room Tip: On nice days if you are in a south facing room the sun will shine on the room in the morning and it...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us I am really glad that you were able to stay with us on one of the many deals that we are happy to offer via various avenues.

I am delighted that you were able to visit Cloud 23 during your visit to enjoy Afternoon Tea whilst appreciating the spectacular views of Manchester and beyond.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I Have stayed here a few times now with my girlfriend and Its never disappointed us.
The hotel is fantastic, great decor, helpful staff, clean rooms & the skybar on the top floor serves some amazing cocktails to top it all off.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found every aspect of your stay to be to your liking.

John McLaughlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Hotel Gotham
Hotel Gotham
#3 of 115 in Manchester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,162 reviews

Been to Hilton Manchester Deansgate? Share your experiences!