“I gave up on Hilton Hotels a few years ago as they were always terrible but tried this one as it was new and convenient and it w”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Impressed with my room on the 6 th floor. All tidy and nice, modern design. Bathroom well equipped and all worked fine. Air-con wasn't very good at making the room warmer but it was warm enough.

Got access to the exec lounge on 23rd floor via a Diamond Club member colleague and this was fantastic. Great view of Manchester cityscape by night and very good free bar and hot and cold snacks until 8pm.

Without the exec club access the hotel would just be "good" but it's awesome with the lounge access!

• Stayed February 2013
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for offering your feedback.

I am thrilled that you able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge during your stay.

I am so pleased that you found your guest room to be modern and to your liking.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Meirionnydd
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Stayed here a while back, room, dinner and breakfast togeher with facilities were very good. Staff very efficient, and humourless!
The pig awfull bit, was the Cloud bar.Who-ever is the manager must have their head stuck up in the clouds. It must be one of the most shocking on the planet for service, the small (3 or 4) number of times we have been there the service has only ever got worse.The last time, and I mean the LAST time, we were only served after being ignored for 20 minutes, when I handed the matre'd, or whatever her job title is, a £20 note and told her to get a waiter to bring us a drinks list. I only done this because I'd brought one of my customer's here for a drink after we had eaten out elsewhere. We ordered a bottle of Champagne, and had to pour it ourselves. At £85, really Mr Hilton Hotel, do you think just because you have a top view of the wrong side of town this is acceptable, cos I don't, sack the lot of them and get training.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your visit to Cloud 23 at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am so disappointed to read your feedback and that encountered poor service whilst in Cloud 23. David Race, Cloud 23 Manager has been given visibility of your feedback and I can assure you that the necessary action has been taken within his team to ensure that our guest receive the ordinarily high standards of service that we offer.

I do hope that you have a change of heart and reconsider visiting Cloud 23 as I know you have not experienced us at our best.

Burnley, Lancashire
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed here for annual treat weekend, we had tickets for Priscilla Queen of the Desert opening night and I must add that the show ( and our meal at Australasia) were both fantastic, shame I cannot say the same for the hotel. Having returned from our evening out I climbed into bed and felt a sharp scratch to my leg. On investigating I found a sharp piece of wire protruding from the inside of the mattress on top outer edge. My leg have been slightly cut (enough to leave blood on the sheet ) and I had to cover the metal with a towel so I did not do any further damage. I took a picture of the bed and showed it to the receptionist in the morning, her response was to apologise and offer me " a drink or something". When we came to check out later she asked for my contact details indicating the manager to get in touch. Here we are three days later and I have heard nothing either on email or phone. I had thought I would give the benefit of doubt and delay this review until they had made contact. I stay regularly at Rudding Park in Harrogate & the service experienced is in a different league to that of the Hilton Deansgate. If we'd have stayed at a Premier Travel Inn we'd have received our money back!

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I was disappointed to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please e-mail margarida.baynes@hilton.com or please call 0161 870 1787.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standard of service.

I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

hertford
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I booked this hotel six months back for a weekend away after staying at various hiltons in the uk and abroad and this for me was the worst ive stayed in. Superficially the hotel looked good and very modern but underneath this I felt it was poor especially for such an expensive hotel. I'm a hilton honors member and upon arrival didn't receive any of the members benefits ie water in the room etc. the room we stayed in was very stuffy the air con didn't work and seeing it was freezing outside it was saying something that my room was too hot. The bed was very hard so had 2 very unrestful nights. The shower never got past lukewarm even with it turned all the way up, and all the plug sockets near a light or mirror did not work so found it difficult to dry my hair! The breakfast for hilton a standards was average it wasn't presented as well as other hotels, only undercooked bacon and runny boiled eggs (the egg whites were runny!) the bread selection was poor, in a recent stay at the hilton docklands the food was a lot better. Tea was also served stewed from a coffee pot. My room never got serviced in the 2 days so run out of toiletries this was partly my fault for only being out for 5hrs on Saturday. When I checked out I wasn't asked if I had a good stay all they said was 'thanks all paid for'. So overall this was the poorest hilton stay for me, the doubletree hilton in manchester exceeds this hotel by far and is a lot cheaper. It seems all this hotel is catering for is footballers as it certainly doesn't look after its hilton honors guests, very disappointing wont be returning here

1 Thank tashao23
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

Please accept my apologies that as a valued Hilton Honours member that you did not receive the benefit of complimentary water in your room on this occasion. This has been addressed and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you encountered an issue with the temperature in your room. I can confirm that since receiving your comments we have conducted a complete audit of all air conditioning units to ensure that they are all to standard. We were unable to locate a record of any fault within the month of January and February 2013, however we will continue to monitor this moving forward.

I am surprised to read that your room was not serviced during your stay as all occupied guest rooms are serviced daily as a standard. Our Housekeeping department have been given visibility of your comments and I am very sorry for the lack of service you received on this visit.

I am sorry that you found the bed in your room to uncomfortable; and I have shared your comment with our Housekeeping team. However, I appreciate that this is a personal choice.

Our breakfast offering is prepared fresh daily and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I have shared your observations with our Restaurant Manager and she is reviewing her operation of breakfast service to ensure we do not receive this comment again.

My team and I truly do hope that you return to the hotel in the future so that you can experience our usual high standards.

Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel boasts a flashy building, lobby and bars but basic rooms, which is exactly what I have come to expect from The Hilton chain.
We were here for The Hearts and Minds Charity ball so staff were of course attentive, etc, and Martini cocktails were a nice touch :)
Food was mediocre, running to quite good but I wouldn't say any more than that.
One major complaint: my partner doesn't use lifts, we were on the fourth floor (no rooms any lower than that), and had to track down a member of staff to unlock the fire escape every time we needed to use the stairs!!
Receptionist could have been friendlier.
Well located, very central.
Everything you would expect from a Hilton. Including the overpriced mini-bar and payable mineral water in rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending the Hearts & Minds Charity event which we had the pleasure of hosting.

We are very fortunate to be ideally located within the city and I am pleased that you found our location to be suitable for the many amenities Manchester has to offer.

I can only apologise that the building design dictates that we do not have any open stairs for our guests to reach their guest rooms. However our team members are always more than happy to be able to escorts our guests to and from their rooms 24 hours a day.

I was surprised to read your comment relating to the manner of the Reception team members. All team members offer a friendly and efficient service and I can only apologise if you felt otherwise. The Reception team have been visibility of your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again.

I can assure you that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city with regards to our offerings and I hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Leyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

A really special birthday stay, with the executive lounge and the Cloud 23 cocktail bar. A wonderful experience in an executive King room. The bed was sooo comfortable, but not happy with the parking arrangements,Public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 15 per day. Having parked in the NCP next door and had my ticket validated by the hotel still cost me £16.20. Was told no on site parking available at all.
Did not spoil our time in hotel just annoying.

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you booked an Executive room to stay with us to celebrate your birthday; it was our pleasure to be part of your celebrations.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you found our guest beds to be very comfortable. I am delighted that you appreciated our recent refurbishments of our Executive Lounge and Cloud 23.

I am sorry that you were unable to use our valet car parking service; we do have a limited number of spaces which do become full very quickly. However, on these occasions we are happy to offer our hotel guests a discount when parking in the NCP adjacent to the hotel, only a few moments walk.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again, when you may be able to enjoy breakfast.

Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Situated in Deansgate, Central Manchester. If you are looking for a quiet stay, with a touch of quality, spa, pool, gym and all at a reasonable price, this is for you. Also, brilliant Indian restaurant, Imli, opposite. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with everyone.

My team and I are delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you had time to use our leisure facilities.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.