“COLD AND LACKING ATMOSPHERE”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Te Podium Restaurant on the ground floor of the impressive Hilton Hotel in Deansgate, Manchester, offers good food and service. Unfortunately, it is on the ground floor of the hotel, near the main entrance, which made it pretty cold on the night we visited with a guest from a neighbouring hotel.

The restaurant is not in a self-contained room but is contained within a large void space with a very high ceiling, making it difficult to heat on cool evenings. This location also meant that it had no atmosphere.

On the plus side, the staff were welcoming and the food well presented. The portons could have been a little larger but the price was reasonable, in our view

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade. I have also shared your feedback relating to the portion size and we thank you for your comment.

I am sorry if you felt a little cold whilst in the restaurant. I have requested that our Facilities team check the air conditioning temperature in this area as part of their daily checks to ensure that our guests are at a comfortable temperature whilst in the hotel. It has been highlighted that the accessible door to the hotel is allowing the cold air to enter the hotel, and circulate in this area and that this would certainly affect the temperature in these said areas on a cold day.

I am also sorry that you felt the restaurant lacked atmosphere. I appreciate that the design of our hotel is not to everyone’s liking, however, these great architectural spaces created by Ian Simpson are award winning.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are always happy to offer a friendly and attentive service and they have been made aware of your kind words.

I do hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Retrospective Review

I stayed in February 2012 for my birthday. We had a suite on with fantastic views - never have I had a bedroom with more than 1 toilet! The room was very modern and spacious.
We used the swimming pool which is a nice option in a city centre hotel.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was fantastic!
The queue for Cloud 23 was very log but as resident of the hotel (not sure whether it was the room type or all residents) we were allowed to queue jump - although I felt guilty to those left waiting I really appreciated this gesture and we were able to enjoy cocktails whilst taking in the views of the city.
We enjoyed breakfast in the executive lounge. All the staff were friendly and attentive during our stay - I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Guest

I am pleased that you booked a Junior Suite to celebrate your birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your celebrations.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and that you were able to enjoy a swim during your time with us.

I do hope that you are able to visit us again soon and have another positive stay.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at the Hilton last May for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary, we we’re upgraded to an executive room on the 19th Floor and enjoyed our stay so much so we've booked to stay again this May for two nights to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It's a very special place and well worth a visit. Cloud 23 refurb is also fantastic - already being back four times since the refurb and visiting again next week - Never fails to Wow!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your wedding anniversary last year; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

It was a pleasure to read that you had the opportunity to use so many of the hotel’s facilities during you stay and that you enjoyed your visit with us.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our newly refurbished 23rd floor Cloud 23, we are delighted that you feel that it delivered on the wow factor.

We look forward to welcoming you back next month to celebrate your 20th Wedding Anniversary.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Cloud 23 is on the 23rd. floor of Hilton Hotel, Deansgate, Manchester and it is fabulous. Luxurious in every way. Views right across to the Peak District ( still snowy ) and well worth the cost of the cocktail ~ £10. An amazing experience. Try walking across the circular glass floor while looking down the 23 floors. Would love to go back for the afternoon tea ~ with or without the champagne !!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Guest

Your positive words following your visit to Cloud 23 are appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our newly refurbished Cloud 23 where you enjoyed the wonderful cocktails and the views which are spectacular.

We certainly look forward to your return visit when you may be able to enjoy Afternoon Tea.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Check in was uncomplicated. We stayed here for United - City derby match.
Very convenient location. Wi- fi not being free in todays time is irritating. Keeps dropping in room.
Breakfast was average. We had to ask everyday for extra towels. Also refilling the tissue box would be nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank miles28

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone following your stay with us this week.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be suitable for your visit to the city and that our location was suitable when you attended the Manchester Derby at Old Trafford.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level, however I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at a few Hilton Hotels and this is definitely the best yet. Rooms are very spacious and well decorated, service is excellent and the Cloud 23 bar gives great views across the city.

Our stay was enhanced by the fact Manchester City were staying in the hotel too - sharing a lift with David Silva, YaYa Toure etc certainly was memorable!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate it.

I am absolutely delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you had the time to visit Cloud 23 cocktail bar and take in the views.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed at the Hilton (Deansgate) last year and it certainly isn't an experience I wish to repeat. Upon arrival, the front-of-house staff couldn't have been less welcoming if they'd tried. Completely disinterested, surlish and rude. We ignored this and proceeded to our room, which was spacious and well furnished. However, there was a horrible smell present in the room and the view was quite frankly disappointing. We complained to reception about the smell and the response was unhelpful at the very least, as there were no other rooms available.

At the prices paid, this hotel should really look into improving their staff members' customer service skills and AT LEAST ensure the rooms smell clean and fresh - a basic requirement!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your stay in 2012.

I am shocked to read your comments regarding the manner of the Reception team whilst you were checking in. This is certainly not what I expect from my team members and they have been given visibility of your comments. We ordinarily receive positive comments relating to all team members within the hotel.

Unfortunately without a room number I am unable to offer feedback relating to your room having an odour present. However, I can confirm that our Housekeeping have sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours. I can only apologise for this shortfall.

I am pleased that the room size and facilities offered were to your satisfaction and I do hope that you have a change of heart and stay with us again in the future.