“Good, reliable business hotel”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here regularly for a few months on business. Very efficient and well organised hotel, with good customer service, decent restaurant, nice bar area, and well appointed rooms. Its also right on Deansgate so handy for anything in City centre. Would recommend for a business trip, not really a family hotel.

Room Tip: City views looking up Deansgate are nice but not much to choose overall
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on a recent business trip. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and our service; I have certainly shared this with my team.

I am thrilled to read that our location was suitable for your visit to Manchester.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon, maybe on leisure, when we can look after you once again.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This hotel is centrally located with shopping and transport nearby. Very comfortable and clean with modern stylish rooms and public areas. The restaurant is excellent. All staff were helpful and friendly.Extensive facilities for fitness and entertainment. Free wifi in public areas but not in rooms.(This was the only fault ) I would always stay in that hotel when visiting Manchester.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The hotel is fantastic. Staff were very friendly and the room was very clean. I'd say that it was a little bit pricey for the room itself and I'd recommend using the PCP parking 200yrds away rather than use the valet service. Which was £25 for 24 hrs.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive and kind words following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be fantastic and that you had a great stay with us.

We are delighted to be able to offer our guests a discount when parking at the adjacent NCP car park, however we are also happy to be able to valet park cars at the hotel should their be spaces available and at our guests request.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you an efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in April 2013, nice location, good view from the 11th floor but standards have definately dropped.

Room was very dusty, telephones hadn't been cleaned for months and the electric cables where covered in dust. Pillows very poor, but were replaced when asked. Pool and gym very dirty.

No knife at breakfast on the first day and being so close to the door it was freezing, no fruit left and yoghurt all gone. Second day no milk, teaspoons, glasses and we struggled to even get a cup of tea. Overall not impressed.

Staff didn't seem that bothered, when asked 'how was out stay' , I replied 'not good' to which they said, sorry about that you're bill is £xx.... They didn't even ask why....Not impressed - staff really couldn't care less.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am pleased that our location worked well for your recent visit to Manchester and that you enjoyed the views from your 11th floor guest room. However, I am sorry that on this occasion you did not have an enjoyable stay.

I am sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival and I can assure you that our Housekeeping team have been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments and I hope you accept my apologies.

I am sorry if you felt a little cold whilst in Podium restaurant. I have requested that our Facilities team check the air conditioning temperature in this area as part of their daily checks to ensure that our guests are at a comfortable temperature whilst in the hotel. It has been highlighted that the accessible door to the hotel is allowing the cold air to enter the hotel, and circulate in this area and that this would certainly affect the temperature in these said areas on a cold day.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. The team do clean and clear throughout breakfast and I am sorry that they had not had the opportunity to replenish as swiftly as they normally do at the time of your visit. Our Restaurant Manager has been made aware of your comments.

I can assure you that we take all guest feedback on board and I can only apologies if you feel otherwise. All team members are fully trained to deliver a high standard of service and I can assure you that the relevant teams have been visibility of your comments.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future and have a more positive stay.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I went to the Hilton in Manchester for my Birthday in February 2013. Went to the 23 rd Floor Clouds Bar. What an experience! cocktails and speciality beers and wines. Amazing view of the city from 23 floors up. Find the glass floor in the lounge and look down (I dare you) to see the city pavement 23 floors below. Not cheap but for a special occasion worth every penny

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael2250

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you and your wife decided to celebrate your birthday in Cloud 23 in February, thank you for allowing us to form part of your celebrations.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our newly refurbished Cloud 23 where you enjoyed the wonderful cocktails and the views which are spectacular.

We certainly look forward to your return visit when we may look after you once again.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Just back from the Hilton in Manchester, after having spent 3 nights there. We were given a room on the 7th floor, and must admit it was lovely and spacious. Our pet hate, was the tap at the wash hand basin which had a mind of its own, and was more like a joy stick than a tap. The shower controls were also weird, but eventually worked out how to coordinate the temp and on-off tap. Don't use your facecloth on the first night, as it disappears and never comes back! Pillows on the bed, were like bricks, and not very comfortable.
The check in staff were very helpful, and all in all found the hotel very clean. Still to find the lounge though!
As we were bed and breakfast, we intended having a hearty breakfast, small lunch, then hit the town for one of the many restaurants on the doorstep. It appeared that there was a function on on the Saturday night, which was very well attended and staff were very much on the go.The breakfast on the last morning was very disappointing. We stood for a while watching the staff having a chat, waiting to be seated. For the cooked breakfast, the plates were cold, the fried eggs were cooking, but no-one seemed to be attending to them, beans were past their best, and no-one came round to give us tea or coffee. Still suffering from the Saturday night? Each morning we had to ask for salt and pepper. At least we had the choice of Evening meal, which I looked forward to, but sorry Hilton, you are just not up to speed!

Room Tip: We were in room 703. Plenty of room to put clothes, but were a bit stingy on the coat hanger side...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you encountered a warm welcome on arrival at the hotel and that the room allocated to you was to your satisfaction.

I have taken on board all of your comments regarding the design of our guest bathroom taps. I can only apologise that the design features that our guest rooms have to offer are not to your liking. I also appreciate that the texture of our pillows are that of a personal choice too and I hope that this does not deter you from returning to the hotel.

I am sorry that you found the breakfast area to be busy on your arrival. During the weekends, we do encounter an influx of guests wishing to enjoy breakfast at the same time. However I can assure you that we are fully prepared for this. Our breakfast offering is prepared fresh each day and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I am sorry that the team did not have the opportunity to replenish as swiftly as they normally do at the time of your visit. I have shared your observations with our Restaurant Manager as she is reviewing her operation of breakfast service.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel to experience our breakfast service at its best.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago following a day of shopping & a concert at the Manchester Arena. The check-in staff were very friendly & helpful and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast we really enjoyed too. It would be a little out of our personal budget to stay here regularly, but for a special occasion its second to none. Thanks to all involved.

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Manchester, I am pleased that our location was suitable for your needs.

I am also pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome. I can assure you that reception team have been made aware of your kind words.

We do offer deals via various avenues and we hope that you are able to take advantage of one of these and stay with us again in the future.