“Very Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Cambridge, Ontario
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Deansgate for two nights prior to us flying back to Canada. Check in was excellent under the circumstances, I understand they were fully booked for the Robbie Williams concert. Tony the Concierge immediately asked us our plans for the evening and when we suggested a chinese meal recommend and booked a reservation at Wings. (which was excellent). We had a standard room which for a city hotel I thought was clean and spacious. Breakfast was a hot and cold buffet and had everything you could want and Chelsea kept the coffee coming. After a busy day shopping, we spent our second night at the hotel. Cocktails at Cloud 23, which was a nice concept but the view was nothing to rave about. The meal at the hotel restaurant was very tasty and presented beauitfully, we opted for the 2 course Table d'hote menu at 21.00 GBP each. John our waiter was professional and extremely attentive. Hotel was very central - Overall a wonderful stay and I would definately recommend it to others and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to the UK. I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Manchester.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23 and Podium Restaurant. I am also pleased that you found our facilities and service to be suitable for your stay.

My team and I are more than happy to look after you and we hope that we are able to look after you once again should you return to Manchester.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I checked into my room at 7pm. The corridor smelt unpleasant and I was disappointed that the room did as well. Beautiful floor to ceiling windows don't open so there was no chance for any fresh air. I went back to reception to see if they could check me into a different room, but they were fully booked. They sent up someone with some air freshener, which I declined. On my return later in the evening the room still smells pretty nasty.
I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MaggiAnnie
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am sorry that you found the corridor outside your guest room and your guest room to have an odour present during your stay.

Our Head Housekeeper has been given visibility of your comments, however unfortunately without a room number I am unable to offer feedback. I can confirm that our Housekeeping have sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours and I apologise for this shortfall. I am also sorry that we were unable to offer you an alternative room for your to continue your stay due to the hotel being full.

I can only apologise that the building design dictates that we do not have any opening windows. However we are fortunate to be able to rely on a sophisticated air conditioning system, which circulates the air, cools and heats the building as required.

I am very sorry to read that you feel that you will be unable to return to stay with us on your next visit to Manchester and I hope that you have a change of heart and that you have the opportunity to stay with us again. I can assure you that you have not experience us at our best.

Oxon, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I'd booked a double room but on check-in I was told there were no doubles left. The receptionist did try to be helpful and offered a bottle of wine. I requested a NZ Sauv Blanc. A Chilean Sauv Blanc arrived as they'd run out of NZ. The room and bathroom tasteful but I'm surprised that stain on the carpet which is approx 45 cm has not been cleaned up.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I can only apologise that you were not offered a double room on arrival when you had booked this room type. Unfortunately, all of our double rooms were occupied at the time of your arrival and this is why we were unable to fulfil your original room type request on arrival. Whilst we do our utmost to honour our guest requests, sometimes it simply isn’t possible to fulfil all of them. I am pleased that you were offer a complimentary bottle of wine to enjoy during your visit.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and I can confirm that we are in the process of replacing a number of carpets throughout the hotel to bring them back to standard.

I do hope that you visit us again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed here for one night after the Robbie Williams concert, I can only say good things , from getting greeted at the entrance, being allowed in our room at 10.45 in the morning an over all Fab Experience , would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate whilst in the city attending a concert.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be suitable for your visit to Manchester and that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel, our team members are always happy to help.

Thank you for highlighting that you will return to stay with us in the future, my team and I look forward to having that pleasure.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Attended a conference at the Hotel with overnight accomodation. Large spacious room, very large comfortable bed. Clean bathroom, Food very good but breakfast was a disaster. The hotel were short staffed supposedly and it took ages to re fill the dishes resulting in a large queue.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently whilst you were attending a Conference, it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am so pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you were able to relax in our comfortable beds.

I am sorry that you did not have a positive breakfast experience. I can assure you that our breakfast items are replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality experience. I am sorry that the team did not have the opportunity to replenish the plates as quickly as they normally would. I can confirm that we always have a full complement of team members to serve our guests.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Hotel was clean breakfast and restaurant food exceptional, service from staff was excellent. Rooms cleaned every day brillian location in Manchester to shops and bars. Would stay here again if in Manchester

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Manchester.

I am pleased that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. Manchester certainly does have ample shops and attractions for our guests to visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

Thank you for highlighting that you will return to stay with us and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

My sister decided to treat me to afternoon tea here so she booked by phone and we arrived 15 mins before our pre-arranged time.
Shown to our window seat on the 23rd floor next to a floor to ceiling glass panel , the view of Manchester was fantastic.
As soon as the food arrived we were expected to pay the whole bill!
The food was lovely. Three kinds of petite sandwiches , three delicious cakes each plus a scone, with a pot of thick clotted cream and jam.
We ordered cappacino coffees which were hot and frothy.
My sister had been before and said although the staff didn't tell you we could have as many cups of tea and coffee as we wanted , included in the price.
We ordered 2 individual pots of tea . One pot appeared , no cups , and we waited and waited before walking , finding somebody else and finally getting the remainder of the order- by then pot one was cold and stewed.
Then.......... in came the entertainment.
Numberous staff and male guests started flooding in.Next to our table they errected a large display board .. Mens Health /Urology given detailed info on products to help with such problems with the male anatomy ,followed by long tables, loads of drinks and loads more loud, middle aged men.
Nice experience........ of course all 4/5 star !!

Room Tip: unsure wouldn't sleep much after our experience.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to make a reservation to enjoy Afternoon at Cloud 23.

I am really pleased that you and your sister enjoyed the food served in our Afternoon Tea offering; however I am disappointed that that you encountered below standard service whilst enjoying your Afternoon Tea. The team have been made aware of your feedback to ensure that that this is not repeated.

I am so sorry that you were disturbed whilst enjoying your Afternoon Tea, the team should have used their judgement and reserved your seating away from any disturbance, please accept my apologies.

I do hope that you are able to visit us once again in the future when your visit will be perfect.

John McLaughlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Hotel Gotham
Hotel Gotham
#3 of 115 in Manchester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,162 reviews

Been to Hilton Manchester Deansgate? Share your experiences!