“The podium restaurant was fantastic”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
“The podium restaurant was fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We went to the podium restaurant at the bottom of the Hilton hotel. The food was the best we have ever tasted. The experience was 10 out of 10. We had a waiter called Jason....... He was the best waiter I have ever seen. He got us upto the cloud bar also. He made our wedding anniversary and I would defiantly come back just to be served by him. What a true gent

• Stayed July 2012
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to visit Podium Restaurant and Cloud 23 to celebrate your wedding anniversary, it was our pleasure to form part of your celebrations.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I can assure you that Jason has been made aware of your comments as they serve as a great motivator. Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all times and I am pleased that on this occasion there was no exception

Thank you for highlighting that you will return to the hotel and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Broughton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We booked our stay here for the Robbie Williams concert , check in was very smooth and we had booked Executive rooms - downside of which we weren't able to enjoy the free canapés and drinks between 6pm-8pm due to going off to the concert ( different time slots maybe an idea ) , we did go up to the executive bar / cloud 23 for a drink before heading out and found some of the staff quite brash - we even got asked ' How did you get in here ' - not the greeting we expected !!!!!!! Rooms were lovely and clean . Breakfast was a bit hectic next morning , even though the time for breakfast was 7-11 think everyone went around 10am !!!! big queues for the hot food but it was ok once you got there. Checked out after breakfast but check the bill as my friends had got a mini bar charge on their room and they had not had anything - this was removed from the bill with no fuss, overall a nice hotel and would stay again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate whilst in the city attending a concert. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be suitable for your visit to Manchester.

I am disappointed to read that you found the team members in Cloud 23 ‘brash’. We have not received this comment before however your feedback has been shared with the team in Cloud 23 to enable them to continue in offering all of our guests a warm welcome with efficient service.

During the weekends, we do encounter an influx of guests wishing to enjoy breakfast at the same time. However I can assure you that we are fully prepared for this and I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to departure.

Thank for highlighting that you will return to the hotel, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton with my husband, a night away without kids. We booked an Executive Room as a treat. I have to say I was slightly disappointed when I got into the room, it was pretty basic and there was some out of date and mouldy houmous left in the rather dirty fridge, not great when you have paid a lot of money to stay for 1 night. The saving grace was the fantastic view.

I really liked the exec lounge, it was really relaxing, the canapés were a lovely touch. The spa was nice although the steam room was out of order.

Breakfast was really disappointing....... The coffee was cold, I asked for a fresh one which didnt arrive so i asked again this one was Luke warm, the sausages were under cooked, the hash browns were soggy and had obviously been sat there for a while, no mushrooms??? And the poached eggs we asked for weren't cooked properly, such a shame but i would really suggest someone has a good look at what is being served as It could make someone really poorly.

On the positive we did really enjoy our stay, just a few improvements that I think you should look at and be aware of.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jo D
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your feedback with the team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

On the whole I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am really pleased that you enjoyed the views from your guest room. However I am very sorry that the mini bar was not checked, cleared or replenished ready for your arrival and this has been addressed.

I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. Our breakfast offering is prepared fresh daily and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I am so sorry to read that you were let down by our breakfast and I have shared your feedback with our kitchen brigade.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge during your stay.

During your stay with us we unfortunately encountered a malfunction with our steam room, which was out of our control. An engineer was immediately called and we had to wait for a part to be delivered to rectify the issue. I am sorry that you were not given a correct timeline; however I can confirm that the steam room is once again fully operational.

I do hope that my team and I are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

4 of us & a baby visited the cloud 23 on the 24th June for my 22nd birthday, we were greeted by a very nice man who let us chose where we wanted to sit as it wasn't too busy he was also very nice to my little boy. We had beautiful views over the whole of manchester & enjoyed afternoon tea with a glass of champagne each& a coffee which was lovely and worked out at £25 each which we didn't think was that expensive. The man serving us couldn't do enough for us and made us feel very welcome he even came with a little treat for my birthday, we would all defiantly return had a really good day.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest

My team and I are absolutely delighted that you were able to celebrate your birthday whilst enjoying Afternoon Tea in Cloud 23.

I am thrilled that you found the team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that the team have been made aware of your kind words.

Thank you for highlighting that you will return and we certainly look forward to having the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Cambridge, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Deansgate for two nights prior to us flying back to Canada. Check in was excellent under the circumstances, I understand they were fully booked for the Robbie Williams concert. Tony the Concierge immediately asked us our plans for the evening and when we suggested a chinese meal recommend and booked a reservation at Wings. (which was excellent). We had a standard room which for a city hotel I thought was clean and spacious. Breakfast was a hot and cold buffet and had everything you could want and Chelsea kept the coffee coming. After a busy day shopping, we spent our second night at the hotel. Cocktails at Cloud 23, which was a nice concept but the view was nothing to rave about. The meal at the hotel restaurant was very tasty and presented beauitfully, we opted for the 2 course Table d'hote menu at 21.00 GBP each. John our waiter was professional and extremely attentive. Hotel was very central - Overall a wonderful stay and I would definately recommend it to others and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to the UK. I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Manchester.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23 and Podium Restaurant. I am also pleased that you found our facilities and service to be suitable for your stay.

My team and I are more than happy to look after you and we hope that we are able to look after you once again should you return to Manchester.

Liverpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I checked into my room at 7pm. The corridor smelt unpleasant and I was disappointed that the room did as well. Beautiful floor to ceiling windows don't open so there was no chance for any fresh air. I went back to reception to see if they could check me into a different room, but they were fully booked. They sent up someone with some air freshener, which I declined. On my return later in the evening the room still smells pretty nasty.
I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MaggiAnnie
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am sorry that you found the corridor outside your guest room and your guest room to have an odour present during your stay.

Our Head Housekeeper has been given visibility of your comments, however unfortunately without a room number I am unable to offer feedback. I can confirm that our Housekeeping have sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours and I apologise for this shortfall. I am also sorry that we were unable to offer you an alternative room for your to continue your stay due to the hotel being full.

I can only apologise that the building design dictates that we do not have any opening windows. However we are fortunate to be able to rely on a sophisticated air conditioning system, which circulates the air, cools and heats the building as required.

I am very sorry to read that you feel that you will be unable to return to stay with us on your next visit to Manchester and I hope that you have a change of heart and that you have the opportunity to stay with us again. I can assure you that you have not experience us at our best.

Oxon, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I'd booked a double room but on check-in I was told there were no doubles left. The receptionist did try to be helpful and offered a bottle of wine. I requested a NZ Sauv Blanc. A Chilean Sauv Blanc arrived as they'd run out of NZ. The room and bathroom tasteful but I'm surprised that stain on the carpet which is approx 45 cm has not been cleaned up.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I can only apologise that you were not offered a double room on arrival when you had booked this room type. Unfortunately, all of our double rooms were occupied at the time of your arrival and this is why we were unable to fulfil your original room type request on arrival. Whilst we do our utmost to honour our guest requests, sometimes it simply isn’t possible to fulfil all of them. I am pleased that you were offer a complimentary bottle of wine to enjoy during your visit.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and I can confirm that we are in the process of replacing a number of carpets throughout the hotel to bring them back to standard.

I do hope that you visit us again soon.