“Great hotel, great service”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great service”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed over a long weekend. Room had great views over manchester. Service was excellent, in room dining was good too. I will be staying again. Did not get chance to visit the leisure facilities this time, so will have to stay again. Maybe upgrade to a suite next time!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Stuart H
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review following your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently and I am glad that you had a comfortable stay with efficient service.

I am pleased that like many other guests that you found the views from the hotel to be stunning. The view is even more spectacular at night fall when you can see the city illuminated.

My team and I hope that we have the opportunity of looking after you in the near future when you may have the opportunity of visiting our leisure facilities.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Having just returned home after a week away with work I booked a dinner, bed and breakfast deal at the hotel for me and my wife. It cost £160 for a 3 course meal in the hotels restaurant (Podium Restaurant), Queen sized room and a full buffet breakfast. Overall the whole experience was excellent.

We arrived at the hotel around 3pm and after checking in and unpacking we visited the spa. The spa is free for hotel guests. The pool itself is very small and is in the section of the hotel which points out, so you can look down on the people below through the bottom of the pool.

Our meal was booked for 7, the restaurant is part of the main lobby area on the ground floor. The service and food quality was excellent.

I was lucky enough to read the reviews regarding the hotels bar, Cloud 23 - MAKE SURE YOU GET ON THE GUEST LIST, JUST BECAUSE YOUR A HOTEL GUEST DOESNT MEAN YOU GET IN. Throughout our time in the restaurant the queue for the lift to the bar grew and didn't move very quickly at all, some people must have waited 30/45 minutes. once we finished our meal we walked to the front of the queue and travelled in the lift straight up (it felt great). The bar is fantastic and the views as it got dark were amazing, we had a fantastic table by the window. Cocktails are about £8 each, beers are about £5 a bottle. Service was again very good.

Our room I think was located on the 11th floor, didn't have the best of views but the room was great. I had mulled it over to upgrade but was very happy with the quality and size of the room. One end has full floor to ceiling windows, plenty of space to move around and a good size and quality fitted bathroom. The room has the usual fixtures and fitting you would expect, large flat screen, digital TV, hair dryer, safe, iron etc... The bed was large, clean and comfortable - I had a great sleep although I'm sure all those cocktails helped.

Breakfast was held in the same area as the Podium restaurant, it was busy but we're shown to a table straight away. There was a large hot buffet area, continental breakfast area, fresh coffee etc..

Overall the whole experience for the money was excellent. The hotel itself was excellent. A very happy guest.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high level, the views are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeToon
Dear Guest

Thank you for booking to stay with us recently, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade and the team in the restaurant.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our leisure facilities. I appreciate that our pool is not the largest hotel pool; however, at 20m long it was designed as an architectural feature to compliment the building design. I am pleased that you appreciated the viewing panel design in the swimming pool.

I am really pleased that you were able to book on the guest list for Cloud 23 and that you had a great time in the bar whilst enjoying the fantastic views of Manchester and beyond.

My team and I are am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offering prior to your departure and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel , and arranged a private breakfast from an outisde caterer , communication between the hotel was extremly slow and very unproffesional We had to chase up all calls ( out of 15 phone calls , they called back once !!! ) when the caterer arrived the restaraunt manager , hadn't been told about a lot of the details , which left them to explain and the correct set up not being prepared !
Will not recommend for customer service !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 400ACE
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, which we are of course disappointed to receive.

I am sorry that you felt that we failed you on this occasion. Communication levels with guests and between departments are ordinarily of a high standard. However I can assure you that our Food & beverage Manager has been made aware of your feedback to ensure that there is no recurrence.

I am confident that you have not experience us at our best and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here a few times before this visit and not been overly impressed with staff, service and room condition. However, tried this again for one night purely on price for sat night.We were able to check in early which was a godsend as we were going to the Man Utd Match hospitality. Staff on arrival were competant and friendly and the room was great, no probs at all.A very comfortable stay with a lovely breakfast.Chatted to various staff about reception and was most impressed with them.A totally different stay to our previous ones and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank travellalot011
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us. I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Old Trafford to watch Manchester United.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay and that you found all team members to be competent and friendly.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Beckermet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I've stayed in Manchester many times, and wanted to stay here because it was a special occasion. We had an early dinner, as we were going to the theatre, the food was slow in arriving, and not very exciting. My main course would have been a starter elsewhere. We were largely ignored in the restuarant, even though we were the only diners there, and had said we were in a hurry. We had to leave without having our dessert, even though we had been there for well over an hour. The room was meant to be a "deluxe" room, but had a normal sized bed, not the King sized bed we had come to expect. The pool is very long and narrow, and once there were three people it was very crowded. For the money, it was a disappointment, and not up to the standard I was expecting. I think we will try the Lowry next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judejones
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for sharing your review with everyone.

Thank you for your feedback relating to the time taken to enjoy your meal in Podium Restaurant. I do hope that you enjoyed the food served and I have taken on board your comment relating to the portion size and the speed that your meal was served with our kitchen team and our Food & Beverage Manager to ensure that there is no recurrence. I hope you accept my apologies.

I appreciate that the bed in your room may seem smaller than a bed you may have the luxury of having at home, which may be a 18000mm - 2000mm size bed. Within the hotel all standard rooms have a 1500mm size bed, our Hilton Executive rooms have a larger 1800mm bed.

Thank you for using our leisure facilities during your stay. I appreciate that our swimming pool is not the largest hotel pool; however, at 20m long it was designed as an architectural feature to compliment the building design.

I appreciate that Manchester has many quality hotels for our visitors to choose from; however my team and I hope that you are able to return to stay with us as you have not experienced us at our best.

UK
Reviewed 6 October 2013

As a HHonors diamond member I am lucky enough to be offered upgrades at check in, on this occasion I was told that the hotel was full and none were available (I did not ask for one) A late booking for a Saturday night it is understandable.. When we got to the room it smelt disgusting and upon inspecting the bathroom the toilet was in a terrible state and the carpet outside was a mess too and to add to that the AC was not working either!

I called down to reception and they promised to find me another room (in a fully booked hotel?). True to their word they did and we were moved to an executive plus room which was clean and comfortable. We then went down to the bar to have a late drink and to relax a little, the service was slow and attitude poor so we finished it quickly and went back to the room.

The rest of the stay was uneventful and breakfast in the exec lounge was good and the team up there were courteous and helpful. However the overall experience of this prestigious property in the heart of Manchester was let down by some particularly poor house keeping. I certainly would think twice about returning

Room Tip: Ask for a clean bathroom !! :-(
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am sorry that you found your original guest room to have an odour present during your stay. Our Housekeeper team have been given visibility of your comments, however unfortunately without a room number I am unable to offer feedback. I can confirm that our Housekeeping has sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours and I apologise for this shortfall. I am pleased that we were able to offer you an alternative room for you to continue your stay.

Please accept my apologies that you encountered a delay in service and delivery of your drinks whilst in Podium Bar and I am absolutely horrified to read your point regarding the manner of the team member in this area. This is certainly not how our team members have been trained and I can assure you that our Food & Beverage Manager has been made aware of your comments and he has taken action within his team to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you for your kind words following your visit to our 23rd Executive Lounge. The team in the Executive Lounge were delighted to welcome you and I am really pleased that you able to enjoy their hospitality during your stay.

I am very sorry to read that you would think twice before returning to stay with us. However, I truly do hope that as a valued HHonors that you have a change of heart and that you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at Hilton...from the outset the hotel looked amaze,could even see it way above the skyline when arriving on train....upon arrival myself and my friend had had a few tipples and wer greeted by damien...my friend lesley was struggling with managing to hold all her stuff wen she dropped her magazines,without them hitting the deck damien had quickly caught them...very attentive,nice chatty guy who genuinly seem interested in you,also nice to hear an accent fromclose to home as were just across he water.booked into executive suite and was not dissapointed....was big ,modern,spotless and great panoramic view from 18th floor of city.As we got special entry to Lounge from 6-8pm complimentary we made most of canopys and free alcohol... lounge was nice and staff friendly.Room service said it would be 30mins and turned out to be 1hr but not much of a fault as rest was perfect.Hotel was also close to shops and restaurants.The breakfast was ok....filled the gap when rough lol Also bumped into Christopher Biggins while dining so brightened up the morning then on check out was joined in lift by 3 man city players.....cant complain ;-) will defo be back!x

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest

I am delighted that you and your friend had a great stay with us.

I am delighted that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay. Damien especially has been made aware of your kind words.

I am really pleased that we were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from your guest room.

The team in the Executive Lounge were delighted to welcome you and I am thrilled that you able to enjoy their hospitality during your stay.

Thank you for highlighting that you will return, we certainly look forward to your next visit.