“Upgrade to an executive room!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Manchester Deansgate

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Upgrade to an executive room!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend. We stayed at the radisson edwardian round the corner in April so we had an idea that the hilton wouldn't be able to match the pure luxury of the radisson. However we wanted to stay at the hilton for cloud 23, the leisure facilities, executive lounge and the hotels location.

If you are looking to book make sure you stay in an executive room so that you can use the executive lounge facilities for FREE!!!!! Yes free breakfast, free coffee and tea, free wine and beer between 6 & 8pm AND a free spectacular view of Manchester. This facility saved us a fortune! As we both don't like shopping we tend to spend a considerable amount of time in the hotel so the executive lounge was perfect for us.

Cloud 23 is a very expensive bar which adjoins the executive lounge. We had 2 £12.50 cocktails which were nice and it's nice to say we've been. There's a good view but you get the same view in the executive lounge.

The pool was lush and so was the jacuzzi. The pool is good if you like to keep fit when you're away as it's 25m.

The staff were outstanding!!! Totally second to none. The hilton hopefully recognise how valuable they are.

Unfortunately we stayed in room 2210 which was the room (see earlier reviews) that stunk off sewage! We complained 6 times and were told it would be sorted out.....it didn't! Our thermostat kept malfunctioning and the piercing alarm was annoying especially at 5am!!! However the night manager saved the day! He even put a letter under our door apologising and giving us an upgrade next time we stayed. He even waived the drinks bill. We were happy with that resolution.

Would we stay again.......definitely! The staff were superb and the facilities were so suited to us. The radisson is luxury 5* accommodation and the hilton is a good 4*.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jarralad1969
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Manchester.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge and that you were able to enjoyed the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from the 23rd floor.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our leisure facilities during your stay, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time in the swimming pool and Jacuzzi.

I am sorry that you encountered a shortfall with your guest room, this should not have occurred, however I am pleased that our resolution was to your satisfaction.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and they have been made aware of your kind words.

We certainly look forward to your return visit in the future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Negative points:

* Slow front desk - they seem to get a lot of groups here which makes the hotel quite busy, and presumably as a result there's often delays at the front desk for checking in/out + anything else

* When entering the hotel their security watch/follow you for a few minutes to make sure you're checking in (some might think this is a good thing, but the way they do it is impolite - security should be )

* For multi-night stays (at least those split across multiple reservation numbers) expect everything to reset at 9am and if you're still sleeping to be woken up by the TV playing loud welcome music.

* Air-conditioning in the room resets at 9am every day to arctic-mode, even if it was switched off the night before and even on the day of checkout (so not related to the point above)

* Minibar wasn't re-stocked every day.

* No welcome gift of any kind for HHonors Gold (I realise this is at the hotels discretion)

* No free water for HHonors Gold (but they'll happily sell us the one in the room for £3.99)

* Expect long delays waiting for the lifts, especially in an evening

* Beds are basic, small (queen room) and creek a little when you move. Definitely not the sturdy, firm, comfortable beds you would get at a Sheraton or Westin hotel. These aren't terrible beds, but they're not that great either.

* Curtains are quite short so expect lots of light in the room in a morning

* Overpriced compared to alternative options, especially during busy periods - there's many aparthotels similarly priced (or cheaper)

Positive points:

* Great location, tram station next door very easily accessible

* Comfortable pillows

* Fast, efficient laundry service (same-day by 6pm if sent by 9.30am)

* Offered complimentary executive lounge access for 2nd night as they couldn't upgrade me (HHonors Gold) to an executive room

* Lounge was good on a previous stay (didn't have time to visit this time)

Room Tip: Higher floors are more likely to have the best views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew C
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your detailed review.

I am pleased that you found our location to be suitable for the many amenities Manchester has to offer.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience during your stay. I am sorry that your stay with us did not wow you and your comments have been shared and addressed with the relevant head of department to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

I do hope that despite your experience that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when I am sure you will have a positive stay.

Tring, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a very prominent high rise building which means great views, especially from the bar at the top. The rooms are more modern than most Hiltons and with a floor to ceiling windows you get good light which is usually a rarity.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew L
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate it.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently. I am really pleased that you enjoyed our modern guest rooms which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from the floor to ceiling window that all of our guests rooms offer.

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 and we certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate soon.

Holyhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

we are long standing Hilton members but this was our first visit to the Deansgate Hilton hotel. The hotel is well situated for dining out and shopping. There is no hotel parking available but there are two NCP car parks close to the hotel on Watson street. The stay at the hotel was excellen.t

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank malcolm201
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us, it is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and facilities.

My team and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Runcorn, Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have often walked/drove past this hotel and wondered what it would be like to stay there, so for my 50th, I booked bed&breakfast for my husband and I. It was a very pleasant stay, quite and comfortable with everything we needed to hand. I would most definitely stay here ago without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank clotheshorse
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for booking a room to stay with us to celebrate your birthday; it was our pleasure to form part of your celebrations and look after you and your husband.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and we appreciate you recommending us.

We certainly look forward to being able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

Wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise as part of my boyfriend's 21st weekend. I got a good deal for a Friday night and told them on booking that it was for a birthday. I also booked Cloud23 at the same time - as reading through reviews I found that there isn't a priority entry for hotel guests (definitely book in advance if you are planning on going as it fills up quickly).

We arrived early to the hotel but were checked in straight away which was brill. Our room was nice and we'd managed to get one quite high up which I was really happy about (can't remember the floor as it was two months ago now) The views were lovely - from both the room and the windows at the end of the corridors.

We used the swimming pool, sauna and steam - these were okay but the views from there were average and I didn't find the facilities to be that brilliant, stayed in lower rated hotels with a lot nicer 'leisure/spa' area. That being said it wasn't really what we were there for, and was more of an added bonus so it didn't put a downer on the trip.

Later on when we were back in the room we had knock on the door and received a plate with chocolate and fruit on saying happy birthday which was a nice touch. The views from Cloud 23 were lovely, very nice drinks and a good start to the night - definitely worth a visit. We didn't have breakfast as I don't really eat cooked breakfast and found the £15pp or whatever it is to be a waste of money for a bowl of cereal so I can't comment on breakfast quality.

We really enjoyed our night here and would definitely look to stay again.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher you can get the better Make sure you book Cloud23 as early as possible if yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sam950
John M, Owner at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you booked to stay with us to celebrate your partners 21st birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your celebrations.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found every aspect of the hotel, our service to be excellent.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23 and I am pleased that you enjoyed the cocktails that our skilled bar tenders create for our guests whilst enjoying the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond.

Thank you for highlighting that you would stay with us again, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Then I booked two nights here. To be brief, the bathroom smells like a sewer. The air conditioning does not work and most of the desk staff couldn't care less. And this is my 2nd room here.

Next time, the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tm752
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to read your review.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience during your stay. I am sorry that your stay was not a positive one and your comments have been shared and addressed with the relevant head of department to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

I do hope that you stay with us again in the future to experience our usual high standards.

John McLaughlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Hotel Gotham
Hotel Gotham
#3 of 115 in Manchester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,162 reviews

Been to Hilton Manchester Deansgate? Share your experiences!