“Decent hotel, good location”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel, good location”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stayed night before an early flight from Manchester Airport. Location good for city centre and also handy for train to airport from Deansgate. Can be a bit pricey if not booked in advance. Breakfast in exec lounge was nice with views across the city.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently prior to your flight from Manchester Airport.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast in our 23rd floor Executive lounge whilst enjoying the amazing view of the city.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay and my team and I hope that you return to stay with us again in the future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had a fabulous wedding anniversary stay here this weekend.

We've never stayed here before. Great location and great facilities. Its obviously a very busy popular hotel with lots of large events taking place but it still felt like the staff were attentive and personal. My emails prior to arriving were attended to very promptly and courteously by Jake. I was very pleased and they arranged a late checkout for us.

There is security staff in the reception on the Saturday evening but there is a lot of people coming and going and queuing to get into the Cloud bar etc, so no harm there.

We are Hilton Gold members and were lucky enough to be upgraded into an exec room which gives you access to the executive lounge; this really made the stay. It has fabulous views and free snacks and drinks with wine and beer available between 6-8pm. A limited breakfast was served in the Exec Lounge which was adequate and nice and calm and quiet. The ladies who served us throughout our stay in the Exec lounge were lovely and very helpful.

The floor to ceiling views from our 16th floor room were amazing and we were at the end of corridor so found it very very quiet. Large comfortable bed. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath and a separate TV which was nice, and a separate multi jet shower. If i had to be very picky I would say that the water pressure wasnt great as the bath took an age to fill and the shower wasnt very strong. I couldnt find the hairdryer and there was only one dressing gown. But these aren't major problems and I'm sure if I had called down they would have fixed it.

We had a reservation in the Cloud23 bar - which you must do and you must have a reservation as it is very very popular. Lovely drinks and views - great place to start or end your evening. Yes the cocktails are £11+ each, but they were very nice.

We ate in the Podium restaurant which was expensive and quite pretentious so i wouldnt recommend it. The staff were a little snooty and the food very itty bitty and posh with not much real substance. It was a special occasion but we didn't make a fuss as it was ok, just not amazing. We should've gone out to eat but it was a horrid wet evening.

I would definitely go back to this hotel but only if we could 'exec' it again! Definitely upgrade if you are going to have some time to stay in the hotel and then you can chill in the exec lounge and take in the views... lovely. Arrive early to take advantage.

Thanks Hilton for another great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room and an exec if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mandarodney
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 30 October 2013

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us and I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival as a valued Hilton Honours member.

The team in the Executive Lounge were delighted to welcome you and I am thrilled that you able to enjoy their hospitality during your stay. The team in the lounge have been made aware of your kind words.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your 16th floor guest bedroom and that you were able to enjoy the amazing views from the comfort of your room.

I am sorry that your meal experience in Podium restaurant did not wow you on this occasion, we ordinarily receive compliments regards the food served and the team members. However we thank you for your comments and these will be shared with the team.

My team and I are delighted to learn that you will return to stay with us and we certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a queen room for 2 nights and found the bed extremely comfortable, nice fresh linen and soft pillows. The bathroom was nice with good selection of toiletries to use.
We paid for a city view at £10 a night, I don't think it was worth it as the other side was just as nice and u can always go up to cloud 23 to see it all anyway. So we would not pay for this again.
Location is fantastic with everything so close by.
Reception we felt were quite efficient at check in and check out, my only complaint was I asked for extra toiletries and they did not arrive so had to ring house keeping myself. When we checked out they added mini bar selections to our account which we did not use. They took off immediately without question, so not a problem just a small inconvenience.
We ate in the restaurant one evening which I felt was mediocre, I've had better service and food for the price in other places, however I'm not a lover of Nuevo cuisine so if you are this may be your bag. If not swerve it.
We did not use the spa facilities but they looked good and prices for treatments looked competitive.
We had an amazing afternoon tea in cloud 23. We loved it and I would recommend going here just for the view alone, simply breathtaking.
It was very peaceful our bedroom and it was a nice sized room overall.
Would I stay here again? Probably not, for the price I feel better quality hotels out there, but if you get for a deal cheaper I would say go for it but don't pay full price.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your guest room and that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea in Cloud 23, the team have been made aware of your kind words.

I am sorry that you were charged for items not consumed during your visit. I am confident that this was down to human error and I do hope that you accept our apologies. I am pleased that this charge was removed prior to your departure.

Thank you for your feedback relating to our food offering in Podium Restaurant. We ordinarily receive compliments relating to the food we offer our guests, however I appreciate that this is a personal choice.

I am pleased to advise that we do offer deals via 3rd party website and I hope that you are able to take advantage of these that will give us the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

My partner booked a stay in a queen room as part of a belated 40th birthday gift she was given the option online to upgrade if a better room was available for ��10. When we arrived we were not given the chance to upgrade. My partner questioned this and was told that we could for ��25! On further questioning we were told that a better room was not available!
The staff really need to know what their talking about this was the first disappointment.
When we arrived at our room we put the power on at the master switch and heard an awful rattling. The air con fan was loose. I turned it off as it was cool enough. We woke in pools of sweat during the night as the room was red hot and no air con! Second disappointment!
As this was a Hilton I was expecting a fantastic breakfast but found it to be cold and of poor quality. Third disappointment.
We will not be back

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elsaandgeorge
Dear Guest

I am delighted that your partner booked a room to stay with us to celebrate your belated birthday.

I am sorry that you felt that you received conflicting information at the time of your check in. I can confirm that we do offer an advance purchase upgrade at a lower rate at the time of making a reservation if secure prior to arrival. However this rate does fluctuate depending on demand and availability and I can only apologise for your disappointment.

I am sorry that you found you room to be too hot. Unfortunately with a room number I am unable to follow up on your feedback. However, please accept my apologies that your room was not at a comfortable temperature for you.

Please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. I can assure you that all food is prepared fresh each day and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I can only apologise that on this occasion that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is certainly not the feedback we ordinarily receive. Our Restaurant Manager and Executive Head Chef have been made aware of your feedback.

I appreciate that Manchester has a large number of quality hotels to offer our visitors, however I really do hope that stay with us again in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great location fantastic view really central. Pool had a superb view and a good size pool. View from coctail bar amazing and great service from staff. However buffett breakfast not good microwaved maybe hilton need to think about order and cook especially now that there is a lack of food and to think long term envirourment

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Thank you for retuning to stay with and for taking the time to complete this review following your recent stay.

I am pleased that our location worked for your stay in Manchester. We are fortunate enough to be ideally located within the city in walking distance of the great amenities that the city has to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23 and our leisure facilities during your stay, I am pleased that you had a great time in both areas.

However, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. I can assure you that all food is prepared fresh each day and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I can only apologise that on this occasion that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is certainly not the feedback we ordinarily receive. Our Restaurant Manager and Executive Head Chef have been made aware of your feedback.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Manchester
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed on Sunday night for my girlfriends birthday and were given a complimentary upgrade to an executive room with access to the executive lounge . The room was excellent with great views of the city from the 18th floor and we had free alcohol and canapés in the executive lounge between 6pm-8pm. Fantastic deal and a free breakfast in the morning as well.The service from the staff was excellent too.

Thank you to the Hilton management for arranging the surprise free upgrade. We will be staying here again in March when we are Manchester for the Michael Buble concert.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you booked to stay with us to celebrate your partners birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your celebrations.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival to enhance your stay and I am pleased that our Executive Lounge was to your liking.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a friendly service and we certainly look forward to your return stay in March 2014 when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

liverpool
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed for a concert in October 2013.
We had lunch in Cloud 23 which was excellent with very friendly staff.
Later we returned and as we had an executive room we went to the lounge once again on the 23rd floor.
Excellent service from excellent staff.Great selection of food for pre dinner appetites and nice wine with vodka etc if requested.
Rooms are excellent aswell with a great choice of tv and movie channels.
Breakfast is high quality as you would also expect.
My only compliant for a city hotel is that room service stops at 11pm which seems strange given most hotels have 24 hour so we had to order a takeout from a menu given to us by the concierge for a local takeaway.

Room Tip: choose an executive room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our location to be convenient for your journey to Manchester Airport. We are very fortunate to be located close to all major transports link in and out of the city.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge.

I am delighted that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

I can assure you that we do have a 24 hour room service facility; however the food offering does reduce after 11.00pm.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and I hope that you return to stay with us when you next visit Manchester.