“Our 5th Conference and the best ever”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 November 2013

As Chairman of the Health Care Supply Association we have just had a fantastic two days there for our annual conference- our 5th visit.
The staff were excellent and the food the best we have had.
Our Gala Dinner in the presence of The Lord Mayor of Manchester was memorable - well done.

On a personal note whilst I was at my Chairman's Reception in Cloud 23 my partner and his nephew were unfortunately denied entry to the general area. I wasn't aware of this and their disappointment given how much they had looked forward to it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending the Health Care Supply Association conference that we had the pleasure of hosting.

I am delighted that you found our conference facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during your event and that you found it to be of superb quality.

The team are always happy to offer a friendly and efficient service and they have all been made aware of your comments.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,543)

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed in the Deansgate Hilton and the gold member upgrade took me to a lovely room on the 17th floor. Amazing views. And the view from the executive lounge on the 23rd floor is unrivalled. Panoramic Manchester goodness. Will be coming back next time business takes me to Manchester.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us and I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival as a valued Hilton Honours member.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your 17th floor guest bedroom and that you were able to enjoy the amazing views from the comfort of your room and that of the 23rd Executive Lounge.

My team and I are delighted to learn that you will return to stay with us and we certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Sorry Hilton, but WiFi these days for your guests should be as basic as providing soap and towels. So to charge £14.95 for each 24 hours is ripping your guests off. The 'free' WiFi in the 'public areas' was poor, kept dropping out and irritatingly, kept replacing the webpage you were trying to load with a Hilton/British Telecom login page. Your staff just shrug their shoulders and say this is the Hilton Group policy.

We have recently returned form Burma and had free WiFi provided in every single hotel - even in the most basic rural areas.

Stop charging and listen to your customers.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on top floors for great views.
1  Thank Zoe G

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I can assure you that I have taken your comments on board. Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level. I have passed on your feedback to our relevant teams within the organisation.

I do hope that you are able to return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here one night on business. This is an ultra-modern skyscraper hotel situated very close to the city centre. My room was in a corner, and had a stunning view - I was only in the middle of the tower and I can imagine the views from the upper floors are amazing. The room was a twin, very large and very comfortable. Just a couple of criticisms where Hilton could do better - there was no adequate reading light by the bed, the only strong light was over the desk and could not be moved; there was a faint but definite smell of bad drains in the bathroom (something I have since seen other reviewers have mentioned) and there was a vacuum effect in the corridor such that if any door to another room was opened or shut, my bedroom door banged noisily and woke me up. This was quite annoying until I got used to it. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was OK but nothing special and not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel - the tea I was given was hopelessly stewed though if I had had more time I could have made my own. Overall, a very good business hotel but (being picky) they should improve the lighting and check the plumbing. Their sister hotel in Manchester, the Hilton Doubletree, is also very good although rather simpler.

Room Tip: Upper floors for the best views

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I agree that the views from the hotel are stunning even at night fall when the city is illuminated.

I appreciate that the bed side lights may have been too dim for you and this is a personal choice. I can assure you that I will look into options to alter our bulbs to ascertain if this will make rooms brighter should are guest request this during their stay.

We are aware that we have a small number of rooms that have been affected by an odour. I can assure you that I have taken this very seriously and together with my Facilities Manager, we are investigating this as a matter of urgency. We would have been more than happy to offer you an alternative room to allow you to enjoy the remainder of your stay.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future on business or for pleasure.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Well where do I start, got a good deal and it was near all we wanted to do so gave I another go, so glad I did. On checking in a young handsome Irish man informed me overbooked ....oh no....so ...you are being upgraded to executive plus room. Marvellous, 16th floor, jacuzzi bath power shower, tv over th bath, huge comfy bed, warm cosy with a terrific view over deansgate. Staff all excellent interested in what are plans were. Fabulous.

Room Tip: Higher floor better view. Hope you get upgraded
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us, we really do appreciate it.

I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from the comfort of your 16th floor guest room.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed at this Hotel for a company awards ceremony and was very surprised how good a time I had. Reception were extremely friendly, rooms are of a quality standard and very clean. The choice at breakfast was my breakfast heaven. Only note is the company paid and I am not sure £135 a night is something I would pay often, but for a one off event well worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with whilst attending an awards ceremony.

I am really pleased that you had a positive experience and I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city, however we are pleased to be able to offer ‘deals’ and I hope that you are able to take advantage of one of them and stay with us again on business or leisure.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

- Second time that the booking was wrong
- broken beds (impossible to sleep)
- broken air conditioning system in the room (choice between an airplane noise or no fresh air)
- no bathrobes for the swimming pool
- night concierge unpleasant and unhelpful
- no free wifi
- room not cleaned before mid-afternoon
- dust in the room
- unpleasant staff at the spa

Room Tip: best advice : TO AVOID the hotel
1  Thank MiGO2013

Dear Guest

I am disappointed to read your review. I can assure you that all relevant head of Departments have been given visibility of your comments to ensure that there is no repeat.

I am shocked to read your comment regarding the manner of the team members in our leisure area and concierge department as we ordinarily receive compliments regarding the helpful and friendly manner of all team members.

I note your comment regarding there being no robes in your room. Unfortunately without a room number I am unable to offer a true explanation. The current Hilton Standard for our level of hotel does not insist that we provide such items as standard practise in our standard rooms; however we do in our Executive rooms. Our Housekeeping team would have been more than happy to offer robes to you should they have received a request.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level; however I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city.

I am sorry that you room was not to your satisfaction and our Housekeeping team have been made aware of your feedback to ensure that there is not recurrence.

I appreciate that Manchester has a large number of hotels to offer our visitors, however, I truly do hope that you have a change of heart and are able to visit us in the future to experience us at our best.