“Great Stay”

Ranked #44 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed in the Hilton for a weekend trip to Manchester. It was very easy to find due to it being one of the tallest buildings in the area.

The hotel itself was very nicely presented, with a modern theme throughout. The rooms were very spacious, comfortable, very clean and with great views over the city. The only thing is the overpriced charges to access the WiFi.

The hotel was relatively close to the city centre, allowing us to walk/get a taxi to local restaurants. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and that you were able to appreciate enjoy the stunning views of Manchester and beyond from the comfort of your guest room.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I can assure you that I have taken your comment on board regarding our WIFI charges. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level. I have passed on your feedback to our relevant teams within the organisation.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Astana, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

It's a shame that there is no free wi-fi services available in the room. In the 21st century this is simply not acceptable. I also think that for such a big hotel the gym could be bigger as it was difficult to access running machines in the morning. Also the lifting area is small and permits only one person at the time. The breakfast was nice, but it was difficult to arrange for a cup of tea/ coffee as sometimes there were no catering staff around. Also, one day my room wasn't cleaned during the day. Several people in my group had the same problem. I also think it would be complimentary to have slippers and a bathrobe in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Alexey Z
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate that our leisure facilities are not the largest; however they were designed to compliment the building design.

I note your comment regarding there being no robes or slippers in your room. Unfortunately without a room number I am unable to offer an exact explanation. The current Hilton Standard for our level of hotel does not insist that we provide such items as standard practise in our standard rooms; however we do in our Executive rooms. Our Housekeeping team would have been more than happy to offer robes to you should they have received a request.

I am sorry that your room not serviced in a timely manner during your stay. Our Housekeeping team have been made aware of this and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

My team and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Manchester .UK
Reviewed 17 November 2013

stayed a few times at the hotel, and it seems to get better with every visit,we were taking the grandkids,to see a few sites in manchester, we arrived early, but our rooms were not ready, but Pablo, who checked us in for the first room, said we were going to be upgraded to executive room, so gave us keys to executive club,and leisure club, great views, from the exe club, plus the kids were looking down the glass floor, Went back met with Jason at check in, for the other rooms, He was so helpful, again upgrade, placed a cot in each room, and told us we would get 50% on a second adjoining room,as they were for the kids, he was brill,also told us where to eat, and loads of other helpful info.I enjoyed it that much, stayed an extra day.The hotel is in a good situation, the Cloud bar is excellent(in the hotel) Lunch, and Breakfast was fantastic, and lots to see in walking distance,Best of all this week , got cards from grandkids, saying how much they enjoyed it(done by their parents, but it was a great touch) anyway thanks to all the staff, special thanks to Pablo, Jason, and staff in executive bar, kind regards saunders family.

Room Tip: be polite at check in, tell them any special needs, and join hilton honors,ask them what they would...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Saunders Family

Thank you for returning to stay with us, I am thrilled that your grandchildren had a great time.

I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and Palo and Jason have been made aware of your kind words

We certainly hope that you are able to return to the hotel soon.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Having just read other reviews on this Hotel, I felt I had to add mine.
1st Room: 1604 was like a Sauna, Heating overload, Engineer called, came , did not fix it, went away and nothing happened. After 2 hours we moved all our clothes.
2nd Room:1609 seemed fine, we got ready for the Wedding we had been invited to, when we got back to the room at midnight, the room stank.....Sewer issues. Housekeeping admitted they could probably not get rid of the smell without spraying room extensively which would mean we could not sleep there. We moved all our clothes again at 12.30am!
3rd Room. 2019.....Thankfully fine, we finally got some rest. Did get 50% knocked off the Bill.

From reading other reviews and the Managers reply, it seems a common theme, overheating and foul smells...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review.

I am very sorry that you had to move rooms during your stay due to various issues. I can assure you that our Housekeeping and Facilities teams have been given visibility of your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again. I am very sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

I am pleased that you were offered a goodwill gesture prior to your departure and I truly do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future when I am sure you will have a much more positive experience.

Brierfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

As Chairman of the Health Care Supply Association we have just had a fantastic two days there for our annual conference- our 5th visit.
The staff were excellent and the food the best we have had.
Our Gala Dinner in the presence of The Lord Mayor of Manchester was memorable - well done.

On a personal note whilst I was at my Chairman's Reception in Cloud 23 my partner and his nephew were unfortunately denied entry to the general area. I wasn't aware of this and their disappointment given how much they had looked forward to it!

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending the Health Care Supply Association conference that we had the pleasure of hosting.

I am delighted that you found our conference facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during your event and that you found it to be of superb quality.

The team are always happy to offer a friendly and efficient service and they have all been made aware of your comments.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

Shoreham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed in the Deansgate Hilton and the gold member upgrade took me to a lovely room on the 17th floor. Amazing views. And the view from the executive lounge on the 23rd floor is unrivalled. Panoramic Manchester goodness. Will be coming back next time business takes me to Manchester.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us and I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival as a valued Hilton Honours member.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your 17th floor guest bedroom and that you were able to enjoy the amazing views from the comfort of your room and that of the 23rd Executive Lounge.

My team and I are delighted to learn that you will return to stay with us and we certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Sorry Hilton, but WiFi these days for your guests should be as basic as providing soap and towels. So to charge £14.95 for each 24 hours is ripping your guests off. The 'free' WiFi in the 'public areas' was poor, kept dropping out and irritatingly, kept replacing the webpage you were trying to load with a Hilton/British Telecom login page. Your staff just shrug their shoulders and say this is the Hilton Group policy.

We have recently returned form Burma and had free WiFi provided in every single hotel - even in the most basic rural areas.

Stop charging and listen to your customers.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on top floors for great views.
1 Thank Zoe G
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I can assure you that I have taken your comments on board. Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level. I have passed on your feedback to our relevant teams within the organisation.

I do hope that you are able to return to stay with us in the future.