“Amazing New Year stay”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute for New Years Eve and due to being Hilton Diamond honours were upgraded on arrival to an exec room on the top floor. The room was fantastic and the view was breathtaking. We were allowed access the exec lounge on the 23rd floor enabling us to have free drinks and canapes for 2 hours, which was fantastic. Unfortunately we could not book into any Hotel New Years eve events due to being fully booked but that did not impact our stay. The breakfast in the Exec lounge was a little basic but was ok. The staff here are extremely friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make guests stay as enjoyable as possible. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate the New Year. I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival as a valued Hilton Honours member.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge and that you were able to enjoyed the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from the 23rd floor.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm and friendly service and we hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,544)

Reviewed 7 January 2014

A special birthday treat for my partner was a smell of canabis from smoking room 518 from start to finish! We made a complaint on arrival and assured the matter would be dealt with. After arriving from a meal and drinks in cloud 23 the smell had travelled and filled our room! Tired we switched on the air con and sprayed the room to mask the smell. On checkout in the morning when we questioned 'Pedro' regarding the use of illegal drugs in the hotel his reply was it was a smoking room!!!! Shocked is not the word! A 4 star hotel with no apology and such a laid back attitude to drugs...hmmmm...not good at all! If you stay in room 516 you might as well be smoking Infact the whole floor should...disgusted and complete embarrassment for the hilton deansgate!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Shiney8328

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to assure you that every member of the team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate operates a zero tolerance towards illegal substances. Whilst we do our utmost to control access of people into the hotel, our guest bedrooms are offered via various avenues and unfortunately we are unable to vet every guest that stays at the hotel. However, following your comments I have spoken at length with our security company and they will conduct more frequent floor walks in all areas to ensure that this type of behaviour does not happen again. Team members have also been made aware of this incident and they too have been advised to be extra vigilant. I have taken your comments very seriously and I am very sorry if you felt uncomfortable during your stay as this was certainly not our intension.

I do hope that you return to stay with us gain to experience us at our best.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here whilst i was on business in the area, we used the club floor facilities which were adequate but not amazing, in my opinion the "club" floor closes to early because time you finished work, had a shower then gone to the floor you only have a few minites!! so i think the 20:00 time for closing is more than bad, but hayho everything else is very good - but beware of the skyhigh prices in the cocktail bar (we went in after the Club floor longe closed) VERY dear.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently.

Thank you for your feedback relating to the closing time of our Executive Lounge. Unfortunately, due to fire regulations we are restricted to 300 guest’s maximum at any one time on the 23rd floor. The Executive Lounge shares the 23rd floor with our Cloud 23 bar; therefore we have to stagger the opening times of both outlets.

I can assure you that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city and completed a cost analyst when putting Cloud 23 prices together.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The beds in this place are no better than the sofa pull out you use for visiting family. Didn't get a wink of sleep. The only reason you go to a hotel overnight is to sleep, so frankly its hardly fit for purpose. The general fitting and furnishings in the hotel, where of tatty appearance and in general the place needs updating. The internet charges are a joke, £15 a night !. catch up Hilton, even the most modest of businesses offer free Wi-Fi for their customers. The breakfast was quite average and coffee similar to that machine stuff at the office. I used valet park, which threw the door staff into a tizzy, I got the feeling Id was the first ever to use it. On the whole, ill use a Holiday Inn next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carl B

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us.

I am sorry that you found our beds to be uncomfortable. We have recently purchased new mattress for all of our beds and have received compliments following this update. I appreciate that the comfort of a bed is a personal choice.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level. I have passed on your feedback to our relevant teams within the organisation.

I am disappointed to read that you feel that you are unable to return to stay with us, however I sincerely do hope that this changes and that you consider staying with us again in the future, when I am sure you will have a more positive stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Brilliant room with excellent views. Bathroom with spa bath excellent. Service great and the executive lounge well worth paying to have the King Plus room. Room service was quick and good value. Breakfast was buffet style but good quality. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond and the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

Thank you for highlighting that you will return, we certainly look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 January 2014

It wasn't the hair found in my food that was disappointing (it was but not my reason for marking them down), but from waiting on simple drink orders (i.e., not a cocktail) to being told/given different answers for the same question, the staff in general (outside of the bellhop) just do not understand customer service. We moved to the Lowry Hotel for the rest of our stay up North and service was brilliant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience during your stay. I am sorry that your stay with us did not wow you and your comments have been shared and addressed with the relevant head of department to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

I am disappointed that you encountered less than perfect service as our team members are fully trained to offer a high quality service and I am very sorry that you did not encountered this during your stay. All relevant team members have been given visibility of your comments to ensure that there is no repeat.

I do hope that you are able to reconsider visiting us in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed here for one night with my wife, children and their partners. The six of us took three rooms. My wife and I occupied a King Executive Suite - room 2101 on floor 21 - and my adult children stayed in Queen Hilton Guest Rooms on the 10th and 15th floors.
I found that making the reservations was quite straightforward and staff were very helpful towards meeting my advance requests for our celebratory visit. They continued to be equally as professional from the point of our initial greeting on arrival to booking our taxi on departure.
Our rooms all had great views of the city, especially our corner room. They were very clean and well equipped, although we would have preferred the traditional tea/coffee making facility than the more modern Nesspreso machine, and they had everything you needed whether staying for business or for pleasure.
The facilities afforded to executive suite clients in the executive lounge was first rate - we took advantage of the complimentary food and drinks on offer. It was also useful to have the Cloud 23 bar in the same building, but remember to pre-book or you may not be able to get a table. Unfortunately we didn't get chance to try out any of the hotel's leisure facilities.
The breakfast selection was more than adequate and well presented. The service at breakfast was also highly efficient.
We will certainly be staying here next time we are in Manchester.

Room Tip: King Executive Suite on floor 21 - room 2101. It's at the end of the corrider on a corner with f...