“30th Birthday”

Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“30th Birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I booked to stay here for my partners 30th birthday and got a great deal for a queen room. We stayed in room 1402 and the views of south Manchester were amazing. Check-in was quick and very friendly.

The room itself was a good size, however a previous guest must have spilled coffee as there was a stain on the carpet and walls that hadn't been cleaned. Other than that the room was fine. We had a few problems using the TV, some of the channels didn't work, the mini bar wouldn't open and I think the wifi could have been free considering the price you pay to stay. The shower could do with an upgrade, the shower head wouldn't stay still so I had to keep moving it and the water pressure was poor.

We ordered breakfast in the room which was excellent apart from missing a coffee. It came 10 minutes early which was fine. Booked a table at Cloud 23 in advance which was recommended as it can get very busy. Again, the views were fantastic but on the whole I thought that the service was very slow and the cocktails were hit and miss. Perhaps a few more members of staff would be advisable, we had to wait ages for someone to take our drinks order and it took a good 15 mins for the bill to arrive which almost made us late for our dinner reservation. Personally, I wouldn't bother going back.

Check out was again very efficient. All the staff very helpful and polite.

All in all a good stay, the staff were lovely, I slept well and had a good breakfast. Shame a few minor issues let them down otherwise it might have been 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your partners 30th birthday, we were delighted to form part of your celebrations.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the views from the floor to ceiling windows in your guest room and I have taken on board your comments relating to your guest room.

Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level. I have passed on your feedback to our relevant teams within the organisation.

Please accept my apologies that you encountered a delay in the delivery of your drinks whilst in Cloud 23. Our bar tenders take great pride in preparing each cocktail to specification and this takes a small period of time to complete and I am sorry that this was not explained to you. The Manager of Cloud 23 has been given visibility of your feedback.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to look after you and we all hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were visiting relatives in Manchester: their house was packed, so we needed a place for the night. The Hilton was excellent. It was 11 pm before we checked in, but that presented no problem, and the process was quick, friendly and efficient. Our room on the 18th floor was fine: clean and warm with a very comfortable bed and efficient shower. Buffet breakfast the following day was on the 23rd floor and also excellent. Great views over central Manchester. I was impressed by how quiet the room was, in spite of its location on busy Deansgate. Later that morning, we had coffee in the lobby restaurant, and not over-priced. Check out was painless, and the whole experience left a very favourable impression. We would have no hesitation in returning

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the city.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we are delighted to read that you would have no hesitation in returning. We certainly look forward to your return visit.

cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel was amazing. Room was lovely. Food was good and I would deffo recommend going to bar at the top as the view is amazing. Restaurant food was Gorgeous! Little expensive but well worth it. Good location. Will deffinitly be returning.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us and that that location of the hotel was suitable for your needs.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and facilities.

Thank you for dining in Podium Restaurant, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience. I can assure you that our Executive Head Chef, David Gale has been given visibility of your kind words.

My team and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Check in was great and the lady on reception was very courteous. Hotel seem great until I awoke to an awful noise at 2am - it was the air con and it sounded like a Hammer drill! I turned it off and it seemed to stop, until it won't me again at 5am! Buy which time I could not sleep and started to prepare for my meeting that day. I reported it on check out and received a surprised look and a "sorry about that". Not sure what I expected but, not just that?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently. I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that our entire Front Office team have been made aware of your kind words.

I am sorry that you had a poor night’s sleep due to noise disturbance from the air conditioning unit in your room. I am disappointed that you were unable make us aware of this shortfall during your stay as we would have been more than happy to offer a resolution.

Please accept my apologies if you felt that the Reception team member did not take your comments on board. All team members are fully trained to deliver a high standard of service. I am confident that ill will was intended towards you.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon to 100% enjoy your stay.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Checked in at 3pm and I was met with a complimentary room upgrade for my girlfriends 21st birthday, which was an excellent extra by the hotel staff.

The problem occurred when we returned later that night to go to cloud 23. I was refused entry to the bar because I was wearing trainers, which is understandable as that is the bar policy. However as previously mentioned we were staying for my girlfriends 21st birthday, my friend was willing to swap shoes with me so I could go for a drink with my girlfriend in cloud 23. After we did this they still wouldn't let me and my girlfriend in. When we said why, they could not give us a reason. We were not drunk in the slightest as we only had a couple of drinks before we returned to the hotel. When me and my friend asked the night manager why me and my girlfriend were not allowed in the bar he could not give us a reason either. Me and my friend were then surrounded by 6 bouncers who were swearing at us and being very aggressive. One of the bouncers squared up to my girlfriend who is 5"1, bear in mind the bouncer was about 6"6. At this point I began to get very angry because of this shocking treatment we were receiving. I had payed good money to stay at the hotel for a special occasion and do not expect to be treated like this. As well as being elbowed in the stomach by the 6"6 bouncer who squares up to small girls, my friend who served in the army for 5 years was racially abused by another bouncer, saying "big man serving for your pathetic white country". I will be making a formal complaint to both the hotel and the police about this. Supposed to be one of the best hotels in Manchester and me and my friends get treated like this. Unnacceptable!!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank nick_coope
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to receive your comments regarding the manner of the Security team. I can assure you that I have passed on your comments to the Security Company who provides our Security Team Members.

As a Manchester hotel, we are proud to welcome our diverse community and guests into the hotel to enjoy our facilities and I can confirm that Hilton Manchester Deansgate does not discriminate against the appearance, sex, gender, age etc of our guests. We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome and I am sorry that you felt on this occasion we failed you on this occasion.

I do hope that you are able to visit us in the future to enjoy our facilities.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here for hen party (discreet hen party) in august, was so impressed, booked to come back with hubby for weekend away.
What you get when you stay here, is pure luxury. From the moment you hand over your luggage to the concierge, to the moment you check out. Nothing is too much trouble here.
The rooms are sumptuous and the linen, towels etc top quality.
will definitely be returning again soon.

Room Tip: try and get a city view as its worth the little bit extra
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate a Hen Party in August 2013, we are delighted that a great time was had by all.

We are thrilled that you chose to return to stay with us with your husband and that you also had a great time on this visit.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to look after you and we look forward to your return visit.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from an overnight stay at the Hilton for my partners 30th Birthday, and to say the least, it was excellent!

I booked it back in November and up until the day I had emails and text from the staff informing me how much they were looking forward to our stay, something I felt was fantastic customer service.

As it was my partners 30th, the staff at the hilton looked after him so well! From macaroons, a welcome card and fruit in the room, to drinks and canapés in cloud 23 - such a treat!

I can not fault the hotel or it's wonderful staff; from the reservations team to the service staff and house keeping. Fantastic, thank you! You really made my partners birthday extra special. I'll most definitely be staying here again, and I recommend anyone coming to manchester to stay here, you won't be disappointed!

We stayed in a king plus with city views and a jacuzzi bath with access to the executive lounge - definitely worth paying extra for!

Many thanks to the Hilton Deansgate team!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for booking a room to stay with us to celebrate your partners 30th birthday; it was our pleasure to have you with us.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and that you had time to visit our 23rd floor Cloud 23.

My team and I are delighted that we made your partners birthday special and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate in the future.