“Our Stay At The Hilton”

Ranked #44 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, Deansgate, United Kingdom
“Our Stay At The Hilton”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Me and my partner really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Hotel, Deansgate. We were greeted on arrival and escorted to the reception desk where I paid upfront for our stay. As we arrived a few minutes early, there wasn't a room ready for us but a member of staff offered to take our bags and directed us to the pool. Once we had used the leisure facilities, we went back down to reception where a receptionist already had a room key cut for us. The room we stayed in was very cosy and the view at night time was beautiful. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I will most definitely be coming back to stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Lauren F
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that our entire Front Office team have been made aware of your kind words.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had time to visit our leisure facilities and that you were able to enjoy the amazing view from the comfort of your guest room.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we are delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with again and we certainly look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Laura McEwan
Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

For my mums 60th birthday I took her to the Hilton Deansgate for afternoon tea in the Iris Lounge. We were seated by one of the many windows and the view was amazing. The afternoon tea was delightful with a laid back atmosphere. We did not feel we had to rush and were not mithered by the waiters. The waiters were polite and checked on us occasionally to make sure that we did not need anything and to check that everything was ok. The sandwiches, scones and cakes were dainty and tasty. Would recommend this to friends and family and myself and my mum would definitely go again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your mum’s 60th birthday. It was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your visit and we thank you for allowing us to form part of your celebrations.

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 for Afternoon Tea, I am absolutely delighted that a great time was had whilst enjoying Afternoon Tea in Cloud 23. I am also please that you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea food offering.

I am so pleased that you found the team members in Cloud 23 to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your visit.

Thank you very much fro recommending us and we hope that we are able to welcome you back very soon.

Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here overnight including dinner in the banqueting suite as part of a conference at nearby Manchester central. Hotel is very clean, modern and comfortable. BT Openzone wifi was much appreciated as it saved normal hotel wifi charges. Breakfast was very good.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that we formed a convenient location for your attendance at a conference at Manchester Central.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your guest room and you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon when you are in the city on business or leisure.

London
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed in the Hilton, Beetham Tower on a conference for several nights in the autumn. The location is great for all local amenities; Deansgate, The Arndale Centre, GMEX etc but then I love Manchester anyway, so am perhaps a bit biased!

The hotel facilities are exactly what you would expect of a good 4*, with spacious rooms and reliable business facilities. Unfortunately the first room I was allocated was a smoking room (I didn’t even know they still existed!), it might not bother most people but I have a nose like a bloodhound and realised even before I entered the room. I called down to reception to change the room immediately, but the hotel was fully booked so moving was not an option. Reasoning that I would be spending very little time in the room anyway, I accepted the offer to move me for the next night. What I wasn’t expecting was a knock at the door when I returned in the evening and a complimentary surprise for my “inconvenience”! It was a lovely unexpected gesture and appreciated.

The room I was moved into the next day turned out to be damp – I would have preferred the smoking room! So again I asked to be moved, again the request couldn’t be accommodated and yet again I found an “apology” waiting for me in the room that evening. I wouldn’t say I am easily pleased but the staff can’t be expected to magic rooms out of nowhere, so did the next best thing and with the exception of one young girl at reception (a trainee, I assume), demonstrated that they really do care about offering an exemplary service. Other than that the hotel was fine, food acceptable and we were well-fed with goodies of all descriptions during the course of the conference, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat there when there are so many wonderful choices of restaurant on your doorstep. Cloud 23 is a nice place for a drink with a view (look out for the windows in the ladies’ and gents’!). Even if you’re not drinking cocktails, a glass of water there is something a bit different, and they made my latte just the way I like it so no complaints there either.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank I-veritas
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 during your stay. I am pleased that you had the time to enjoy the stunning views of Manchester and beyond whilst enjoying cocktails.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you had move rooms during your stay due issues. However I am pleased that we were able to offer you alternative rooms and I hope that you felt that this was done with minimum disruption.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Manchester.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, 1 night leisure and the other Company function on the 24 and 25 January 2014. We both highly recommend a stay at this hotel, the staff were very polite and helpful, the hotel and room was spotlessly clean and the bed was so comfortable, the room and ensuite were amazing, ensuite with separate shower and bath. Breakfast was very good with a good selection and the food was really nice. The view from our bedroom on the 18th floor was incredible and a visit to the Cloud 23 Bar on the 23rd floor is a must, for the view! All shops and restaurants etc are within a 10 minute walk. Couldn't fault the location or the hotel. We will certainly stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Manchester; I hope you enjoyed what our great city has to offer from our great location.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the views from the floor to ceiling windows whilst enjoying your 18th floor guest room.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton Breakfast’ and I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering.

I certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again when business or leisure brings you to Manchester.

Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Second time at the Hilton Deansgate and again, service was superb, staff cannot do enough for you. Breakfast is plentiful with numerous choices from healthy right through to a full English if you want. We always book a table at Cloud 23 for the evening when we have a few in the afternoon, we always get put in the VIP part at night.

Cannot fault this hotel one bit and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us, we are delighted that your second visit was as good as the first.

I am really pleased that you book on the guest list for Cloud 23 and that you had a great time in the bar whilst enjoying the fantastic views of Manchester and beyond.

I am thrilled that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that the team have been made aware of your kind words.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offering prior to your departure and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

West Midlands
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Attended a function on a Sunday evening.
The positives; Good welcome on arrival, excellent bedroom with great views across the city.
The negatives ; Was given plastic stirrers with our coffee during the function, meal wasn't great.

The breakfast although of a good quality was served in a restaurant that was absolutely freezing as it's just off the main entrance to the hotel.

Would we return - probably but when the weather is warmer.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view.
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending an event which we had pleasure of hosting.

I am delighted that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel and that your guest room was to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your feedback relating to our conference offerings, this has been passed to the relevant head of Department.

I am sorry if you felt a little cold whilst in the restaurant. I have requested that our Facilities team check the air conditioning temperature in this area as part of their daily checks to ensure that our guests are at a comfortable temperature whilst in the hotel. It has been highlighted that the accessible door to the hotel is allowing the cold air to enter the hotel, and circulate in this area and that this would certainly affect the temperature in these said areas on a cold day.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are always happy to offer a friendly and attentive service and they have been made aware of your kind words.

I do hope that you are able to visit us again soon.