“Customer services - poor !!!”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #46 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked a surprise birthday stay here for a friends birthday.
We had lunch in the Executive Lounge, dinner at Podium and enjoyed cocktails in the evening at Cloud 23.
However, having visited the Executive Lounge and Cloud 23 we noted how clear the windows were in there, compared to the windows in our room (1911) which gave a completely different view !!
I asked reception staff if there was a film over the bedroom windows for some reason and they confirmed not. I informed them that having seen the other windows our view was disappointing as the windows very obviously just very dirty.
On checking out the following day the response was not great either as I was told "I'll have to get the cleaners up there then".

The above was simply raised as a concern as this is a main feature of the hotel and certainly of our trip - it was the main reason I booked to stay.
It was not a complaint as everything else was lovely throughout our stay.
However, I am disappointed having emailed the hotel on our return twice and having heard no response whatsoever other than the automatic mandatory Thank you for staying with us.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am disappointed to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact Damian Gilvary on damian.gilvary@hilton.com or 0161 870 1761.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (4,602)

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in a lot of Hiltons and this is by far one of the best in the UK. Modern, clean, executive lounge stylish and great views.
Great location and concierge extremely helpful.
Only let down was the room service... It was really expensive and very poor quality.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us, we are absolutely delighted to learn that you rank us as your number 1 Hilton hotel in the UK.

I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and service.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed by your room service order. The kitchen team are very skilled in preparing high quality dishes for our guests to enjoy and I am exceptionally sorry that we failed you during your visit. The team in the kitchen have been made aware of your comments to ensure that this is not repeated in the future. I can assure you that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city and completed a cost analyst when putting our Room Service prices together.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we hope that you will be returning to stay with again.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel last night, overall it was ok.

However it being a rare night away from the children I was very much looking forward to a lie in. If a lie in is what you're after then stay away for now!

I was awoken before 7am with diggers and various machinery being used on the tram line outside the hotel.

Pointed out to receptionist that they should make you aware of this when booking but she claimed they weren't aware of the works. Found this hard to believe when it was clear from looking at it that work must have started some time ago.

A feeble apology. Expected a little more from the Hilton brand!

• Stayed: January 2014
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for booking to stay with us recently, I hope that you enjoyed the hotel and our facilities.

I empathise with your point regarding the poor night’s sleep you had due to noise disturbance from outside the hotel. Although this is the first time that I have received such feedback I can unfortunately only apologise for this as this is frustratingly out of our control.

I do hope that you consider returning to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel was perfect for my overnight stay in Manchester.
Easy to find and with an NCP car park right next door, parking was easy.
It's a modern 23 storey hotel.
The decor is fabulous, very clean and stylish.
The room was modern, clean and well laid out with floor to ceiling glass windows the length of one wall. En suite was small but adequate and new.

All the staff we very attentive, from the reception staff right through to house maids.

I would recommend a visit to the cloud 23 bar on the roof of the hotel, it's very stylish and has a great vista over Manchester, especially at night.

Breakfast was great, although I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, but it looked good and had a nice menu.

Overall it was what I expected for the price paid.

I would stay here again if I go to Manchester

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you booked a room to stay with us recently and I am really pleased that you encountered an efficient and friendly service throughout your stay.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you feel that we delivered on the wow factor. I am delighted that you found every aspect of the hotel and our service to be excellent. I am glad that you had time to visit and enjoy Cloud 23.

The team are always happy to offer you a friendly service and we look forward to having the opportunity of looking after you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Me and my partner really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Hotel, Deansgate. We were greeted on arrival and escorted to the reception desk where I paid upfront for our stay. As we arrived a few minutes early, there wasn't a room ready for us but a member of staff offered to take our bags and directed us to the pool. Once we had used the leisure facilities, we went back down to reception where a receptionist already had a room key cut for us. The room we stayed in was very cosy and the view at night time was beautiful. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I will most definitely be coming back to stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Lauren F

Dear Guest

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that our entire Front Office team have been made aware of your kind words.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had time to visit our leisure facilities and that you were able to enjoy the amazing view from the comfort of your guest room.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we are delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with again and we certainly look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

For my mums 60th birthday I took her to the Hilton Deansgate for afternoon tea in the Iris Lounge. We were seated by one of the many windows and the view was amazing. The afternoon tea was delightful with a laid back atmosphere. We did not feel we had to rush and were not mithered by the waiters. The waiters were polite and checked on us occasionally to make sure that we did not need anything and to check that everything was ok. The sandwiches, scones and cakes were dainty and tasty. Would recommend this to friends and family and myself and my mum would definitely go again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your mum’s 60th birthday. It was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your visit and we thank you for allowing us to form part of your celebrations.

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 for Afternoon Tea, I am absolutely delighted that a great time was had whilst enjoying Afternoon Tea in Cloud 23. I am also please that you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea food offering.

I am so pleased that you found the team members in Cloud 23 to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your visit.

Thank you very much fro recommending us and we hope that we are able to welcome you back very soon.

John McLaughlin

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here overnight including dinner in the banqueting suite as part of a conference at nearby Manchester central. Hotel is very clean, modern and comfortable. BT Openzone wifi was much appreciated as it saved normal hotel wifi charges. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that we formed a convenient location for your attendance at a conference at Manchester Central.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your guest room and you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon when you are in the city on business or leisure.

John McLaughlin