“Great Hotel”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #47 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here for a business trip with some colleagues,
the staff are great always smiling and not scared to talk which is great.

The leisure facilities are also very good and a bonus to the hotel.

Will definitely stay here again.

Well done Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on business recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and our service; I have certainly shared this with my team.

I am pleased that you had time to enjoy our leisure facilities.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester, maybe on leisure, when we can look after you once again.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,597)

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel on the night of the 11th March. A nice hotel, great location, superb setting for the cloud bar and conference facilities were excellent.

Had a Gala Dinner as part of the conference which wasn't spectacular but when preparing food for 170 people it was pretty much what my expectations were, simple starter, chicken dish as the main, however the dessert was a nice Eton mess with white chocolate in the merriange nest which was unusual but very tasty.

Rooms were bright, I had a twin room due to full occupancy i was unable to change to a standard double, not great when you're 6'3, however these things can't be helped but it didn't make for a great nights sleep. Big tv in the room and an interesting bathroom, no free wifi (unusual for a business hotel in this day and age) and £3.75 for bottled water in the bedroom, I would have expected this to be complimentary in a 4 star hotel.

Breakfast was buffet style with a wide range of continental and hot options.

Overall a satisfactory hotel, maybe not the best in Manchester but a steady Hilton.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gavin1889
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending a conference.

I am delighted that you found our conference facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during your event.

The water supplied in our guest rooms is there as a benefit should our guests wish to consume it. We would of course have been more than happy to offer alternatives via our Room Service department should you have so wished.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton Breakfast’ and I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering prior to your departure.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just back from a lovely one night stay in an upgraded executive room, it was a flying visit so unfortunately didnt get to use pool although it looked brilliant as we used their lockers to store case before check in.
Great location for Old Trafford, just a couple stops away on tram.
Room was beautiful, usual hilton quality although pillows too soft for me, prob could request different ones. But I didn't bother. Only gripe we had was wifi was very slow on 18th floor and from what I gather u pay 15 for one night if you are not HHonors diamond member. I reckon this is pretty steep for 2014 and i certainly wouldnt have paid it! Anyway suppose Internet shouldn't really feature on a weekend break!
Shower was great, we had a separate bath aswell and lovely toiletries, great hairdryer and TV, slippers, robes,etc
All staff we encountered were extra helpful and courteous and for my first trip to Manchester made a great impression, they seem to be genuinely happy to talk to you which is nice. I would say a couple of the front desk staff could be slightly more interested and helpful. The lady who checked us in JUST ABOUT told us about the free drinks and canapés available to us in cloud 23, as Diamond members I would assume this would be a main point to cover! It was almost as if she was deciding whether to tell us or not...
cloud 23 staff were excellent,very happy and helpful and made our evening extra pleasant :), as were breakfast staff, and front desk staff on check out. Hotel itself is pretty stunning and I will definitely be back :)

One last point....Manchester airport is in the middle of roadworks and we almost missed flight home due to major traffic....just a point which may help those flying home.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us recently, it was a pleasure to have your with us. I am pleased that our location was suitable for your visit to Manchester.

I am pleased that your 18th floor guest room was to your satisfaction.

I am so disappointed to read your comment regarding the manner of our Reception team during the check in process. This is certainly not what I expect from my team members as they have all been trained to deliver a high quality of service. We ordinarily receive positive comments relating to all team members within the hotel on how friendly and helpful they are. The Front Office Manager has been made aware of your feedback.

I am please that all other team members that you encountered during your stay were helpful.

Thank you for highlighting that you will be returning to stay with us, which we hope will be soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked this hotel as a suprise for my daughters birthday and I am so glad i did. From the minute we checked in right up until leaving she was treated like a mini VIP.

We had afternoon tea in cloud 23 at noon which had a great atmosphere, then checked into our room earlier than expected. Our room was overlooking the city as requested and on the 15th floor so we had a fantastic view. It was clean and had everything we could possibly need, even more so as the birthday chocolates put in there from the hotel were very much appreciated by my daughter.

We had a lovely relaxing few hours in the pool which was not overcrowded and the staff were very friendly.

In the evening we had to leave the hotel early for a show so we only had 1 hour for dinner in the podium restaurant, they were very efficient, very friendly and make sure we left on time. The lovely waiter even had time to suprise my daughter with a happy birthday plate of macaroons with a candle on.

Breakfast the next morning could not have been any better, especially after the 7 a.m. Swim.

A great big thank you to ALL the staff, I do not know how i am going to top this birthday.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your daughter’s birthday. It was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay and we thank you for allowing us to form part of your daughter’s celebrations.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay and that your room was to your satisfaction and that you were able to enjoy the amazing views of Manchester and beyond.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you feel that we delivered in all areas.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton Breakfast’ and I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering following your early morning swim.

Once again many congratulations to your daughter on her recent celebrations and my team and I look forward to your next visit, which I hope will be very soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My first and last stay.

Check-in was unprofessional and slow - I was told that the hotel was full & that they couldn't find my room!
After a 20 minute wait, I eventually arrived in my room which had an awful smell of stale smoke (clearly a smoker had used the room previously).

Moved into another room, which was small but functional.

Overall ambiance is cold, corporate & soulless.

OK for business but would not recommend for pleasure!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer M

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your feedback with the team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am disappointed that you encountered less than perfect service as our team members are fully trained to offer a high quality service and I am very sorry that you did not encountered this during your stay. All relevant team members have been given visibility of your comments to ensure that there is no repeat.

I am sorry that you found your room to have an odour of smoke present. Your comments have been shared with our Senior Housekeeping team. We do have sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours. I can only apologise for this shortfall.

I truly do hope that you have a change of heart and are able to visit us in the future on a business or leisure stay.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My sister and I spent the weekend in Manchester visiting family. Staying at the Hilton, we knew what we were getting into. Issues like,

"rooms with no wifi"
"disappointing breakfast buffet"
"being charged for water, when most hotels give you at least two bottles of complimentary water",

are what guests should expect. Typical. But hey, it was my choice to stay there right?

To get free wifi, you had to be a HHonors member, and my father is a member. But the connection was sooooo slow I could not even latch on the internet server, and my sister and I could not get our work sorted out, and had to rush to complete it on Sunday night.

Hotels are suppose to make things easy for you. You need not worry about petty things and you can relax. But I also had to ask for toothpaste. Toothpaste is a pretty standard thing to provide in hotels. But NOT HILTON.

The concierge is also pretty much useless. They always fail to call us a cab. It is much quicker to hail your own cab.

They also gave wrong directions. I was saved by google maps though.

I also made a simple request from them. I left 4 postcards in their care for my uncle who was leaving a day after me. I asked them to pass to him as he was out at the time. But of course, when he came to collect it, they didn't know what he was talking about. Brilliant. You can event manage 4 simple post cards.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank NMalyeL
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I can assure you that I have taken your comments on board with regards to WIFI and bottled water charges. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level. I have passed on your feedback to our relevant teams within the organisation.

I am very surprised to receive your comments relating to our Concierge team as we ordinarily receive compliments on how friendly and professional they are. Your comments are certainly not the norm and I can only apologise that you did not receive the ordinarily high standards of service.

I can assure you that we offer amenities on a complimentary basis for those guests who find themselves without certain items on arrival and this includes toothpaste.

My team and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate in the future when you will have a more positive stay.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and can't fault any of it. Staff helpful and room lovely. Cocktails in cloud bar great. Breakfast ample. Location great. Would definitely stay here again as we really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us.

My team and I are delighted that you had a great time and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we are delighted that you will be returning to stay with again and we certainly look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.