“Business Trip”

Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Singapore, Singapore
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've always been partial to Hiltons, but this Hilton in particular stands out. Incredibly clean, the staff are very warm, friendly and helpful. I typically hole in and survive on room service for dinners and the food is definitely above average. All in all, a really good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on business trips to Manchester. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and our service; I have certainly shared this with my team.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester, maybe on leisure, when we can look after you once again.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilton Manors, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was at the Hilton Deansgate for a week for a conference. The property is located in the tallest building in Manchester. The staff is friendly and my room had a great view. Deansgate Street has a lot going on, so restaurants and shopping is right there. Center Center is only 10 minutes walk.

The room itself was smartly designed and the bathroom roomy. The bed was comfy.

Food was okay - breakfast was included in my room rate and I would rate it average. Room service was generally good - no complaints, just a bit pricey.

The room rate also included discounted WiFi but come on, this is 2014 and should be as standard as a TV in the room (which I didn't even turn on for the week).

Would I stay here again? Yes, if there was a great rate. Otherwise, I'd check out other properties a bit closer to city center.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently whilst you were attending a
Conference.

I am so pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you were able to relax in our comfortable beds.

I am pleased that our location was to you liking, we are fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester City centre has to offer.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

Manchester .UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

we booked 3 rooms. for wife,s birthday, as we have stayed before, and gold honors members, and it was a Sunday, all our rooms were upgraded, (many thanks to all the staff) we started off in the Leisure club, which steam room, pool,sauna were all in working order this time, so it was very relaxing.. stayed well away from the Gym,., which is excellent, i,m told. We then went into the Executive bar, on the 23rd floor, for drinks, and cakes,very nice,then back again at 6pm, for the free drinks, and snacks, which, everything excellent.Many Thanks for great service. At night eat in house, downstairs, used our gourmet card for discount, again excellent, I thought,as it was our 3rd stay, we may have overdosed, but no , this time was even better, This is a great Hotel, and the staff are fantastic, many thanks for a great time, In the good books with my wife(for that day only) I my even try the Cloud next time. and go to Per Tutu, over the road, or Don Marco, both excellent.

Room Tip: Call ahead, join the HHonors , it'd free, book week days, or sunday, and you may get room upgra...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you booked to stay with us to celebrate your wife’s birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your celebrations.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your rooms on arrival to enhance your stay and I am pleased that our Executive Lounge was to your liking.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great kitchen brigade who creates wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy.

I am delighted that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit.

I hope that you are able to visit us again soon, when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Goose Green, Falkland Islands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Checkin was smooth and seamless, staff friendly and efficient

First entry to the 6th floor room and it smelt of drains, the sideboard had cup marks on the surface and it didn't seem overly clean.

Really, really bad night's sleep due to the fact it was noisy and I could not get the room cool - the aircon was set to 16 degrees, but it remained warm. Eventually I turned this off, surprisingly the room didn't warm up but the fan was going full blast in the bathroom.

English buffet breakfast had a wide choice but the food was tepid at best, despite me eating at 6:40, with the breakfast service only starting at 6:30. Coffee seemed to be rationed to a cup at a time and you had to ask for refils. Tables weren't overly clean, the placemats had stains from the previous diner.

Not really what I had expected from a Hilton but easy things to put right if the manager is inclined.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you encountered a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that our entire Front Office team have been made aware of your kind words.

Please accept my apologise that your first impression of your 6th floor room was less than perfect and that you had a disturbed night’s sleep from the bathroom fan. Your comments have been shared with the relevant Head of department for their review.

I am sorry to read your feedback regarding your breakfast experience. Our breakfast offering is prepared fresh daily and is replenished on an ongoing basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I have shared your observations with our Restaurant Manager and kitchen brigade. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast.

Thank you once again for your comments and the team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate hope that you will be returning to stay with us again to encountered a more positive stay.

Littleborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

On arrival there was a part-consumed bottle of water left in our room and the bathroom had not been well cleaned. The room was hot and humid and the air conditioning was clearly not working. Functioning air-con in this hotel is really essential as there is no possibility to open the windows. We had not had time to address these issue on arrival i.e. before going out and it would have been a drag to complain when we arrived back after dinner, so we can't really comment on how well the staff would have handled our complaints. Nevertheless, we expected a higher standard of room servicing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am disappointed to read that your stay was marred by the servicing of your room. Our Senior Housekeeping team has been made aware of your comments.

I can only apologise that the building design dictates that we do not have any opening windows. However we are fortunate to be able to rely on a sophisticated air conditioning system, which circulates the air, cools and heats the building as required. I am disappointed that you did not raise your concerns during your time with us to allow us to remedy the situation to your satisfaction.

My team and I hope that you return to the hotel in the future so that you can experience our usual high standards.

Cookstown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Totally exceeded our expectations, staff were so happy and really great fun, room had a fantastic view and the executive lounge had the best view in the city. Adam in the Executive Lounge went out of his way to make our stay memorable, he was super!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us.

I am thrilled that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

I am really pleased that we were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from your guest room.

The team in the Executive Lounge were delighted to welcome you and I am thrilled that you able to enjoy their hospitality during your stay. Adam has been made aware of your kind words.

We hope that you are able to return to stay with us again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good location, but that's about all. Booked in at 3pm and asked for more pillows, 9 hours later no sign. Three times I had to go to reception as our phone in the room did not work, finally got them at 12.30am. Boiling hot shower as the thermostat did not work, just comes off in your hand. The beds in the twin rooms are like camp beds, still go back ache. When booking out the staff are all smiles until you mention the problems then the attitude changes, just an insincere sorry. I have stayed in better Premier Inns, this hotel relies on it's name but does not live up to it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that our location was suitable for your needs whilst staying in Manchester.

I am bewildered to read your experience in relation to obtaining additional pillows and the lack of action you received. Our Executive Head Housekeeper has been given visibility of your feedback and she has taken the necessary action within her department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not recur in the future.

I am surprised to receive your comments relating to our Reception team when you kindly shared your feedback with us. All team members are fully trained to deliver a high standard of service and I am sorry if you felt this was not the case during your stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you encountered an issue with the water temperature in your room. The health & safety of our guests is of paramount importance to us here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate. I have spoken with my Facilities Manager and unfortunately we were unaware of the reason as to why you experienced this. Without a specific room number/guest name we conducted a complete audit to ensure that all operational systems were to standard. He was unable to locate a record of any fault and we did not receive any other reports of water issues which we would ordinarily do as it affects an entire guest bedroom floor at a time. I appreciate that this does not detract from your experience and Rick and his team are monitoring the situation moving forward. I hope you accept my apologies.

I do hope that you are able to visit us again to enjoy a more positive stay.