“Why bother? All Round Poor Show!”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Why bother? All Round Poor Show!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Why bother staying in this Hilton, does not have it's own parking, has no endearing qualities, housekeeping standards shocking (only one bathroom to share between two & one bath towel)

Cold breakfast and poor choice in the "executive lounge".

Poorly run example of a lack lustre Hilton property. I might add, my room was £130 Room only.

There are too many fantastic hotels in Manchester to bother with this "has been" property.

Incidentally, I am a Hhonors member and they treat me this way, goodness knows how you will be treated if you were some random off the street.

Room service is a joke, they took order for two hot chocolates, (hardly exotic) and then called back to say the machine was switched off.... Completely Unacceptable. One of my meals was undercooked, the other was just ok.

Oh and don't expect any level of service in Cloud 23. Poor Show Hilton! You need to visit Trader Vics, London, to watch how to run a good bar!
Don't Risk It!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John P
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest

I am saddened to receive your review and that you felt undervalued as a Hilton Honour guest. I can assure you that we value all of our guests and I am disappointed that you felt otherwise.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience during your stay. I am sorry that your stay with us was not a positive one.

I am disappointed that you encountered less than perfect service as our team members are fully trained to offer a high quality service and I am very sorry that you did not encountered this during your stay. All relevant team members have been given visibility of your comments to ensure that there is no repeat.

I do hope that you are able to reconsider visiting us in the future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire,England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great hotel and fast becoming an iconic building on the Manchester skyline.
Staff very friendly whilst remaining professional.
Rooms are very clean and have fantastic views of the City of Manchester and beyond.
Food very good.
Excellent location for all the attractions in the City,including Museums, Restaurants,Theatres,Cinemas,Libraries,Sporting Venues and Shopping.

Room Tip: Ask the staff if you require a room looking across the City centre or as an alternative one looking...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I can assure you that all team members have been given visibility of your kind words.

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and I am pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am pleased that you were able to relax and enjoy the fantastic views of Manchester and beyond from the comfort of your guest room.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester on business or leisure.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We arrived last Saturday 12th April and was greeted by Michaela on reception who booked us in. We were upgraded and had excellent service from the minute we walked in until the minute we left. The staff were exceptionally professional and helpful and we would to say a special thank you to Kath and Michaela on reception and Sharon who made our weekend one of the best we have ever had. The exec lounge was great. The views are amazing. We watched the sunset go down over Manchester. My husband, myself and my 11 year old daughter stayed for my husband's 50th birthday and we were spoilt as the staff went out of their way to make it special. I would love to come back again in the future and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you to all the lovely staff for making it the best weekend we have ever experienced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sue b
Dear Guest

Thank you for booking a room to stay with us to celebrate your husband’s 50th birthday; it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found every aspect of the hotel, our service and facilities to be excellent.

I am thrilled that your family enjoyed your time in our 23rd floor Executive Lounge and that you had the pleasure of watching the sunset over Manchester.

My team and I are delighted that we made your husband’s birthday special and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate in the future.

lancashire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had been to the top-floor bar in the hotel before, and took a friend there for lunch, to enjoy the magnificent view of Manchester.
We were served with drinks by our waitress, who said that she would return to take our lunch order.
We tried several times to attract her attention, but she said that she had other customers to serve, including seating new customers at tables.
After 20 minutes of waiting, I was hungry and irritable.
I asked to speak to the manager; he stared at me rudely, saying nothing, and he did nothing to deal with the situation.
I felt angry and humiliated.
This is no way to treat customers, especially considering the prices charged in this establishment.
Word of mouth can easily tarnish an establishment's reputation, and I would strongly advise senior management to look into this occurrence.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your visit to Cloud 23 at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am disappointed to receive your comments as we ordinarily receive a high number of compliments relating to the service and offering of our Afternoon Tea.

I can assure you that I have shared your feedback with the Senior Management team within Cloud 23 and our Food & Beverage Manager to ensure that we do not receive a comment of this nature again.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for your disappointing experience and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

First stay at hotel. Overall impressed but when we got in the room found that it had not been re stocked to standard expected.i.e empty minibar, and only one robe and slippers. I did report this to reception who got house keeping to deliver another gown but declined offer of restocking the minibar as we where trying to get ready to go out and couldnt be bothered with the interruption. Very nice staff, comfy bed, great bathroom and breakfast was de-lish.
access to exec lounge was well worth paying the extra upgrade for as complimentary drinks and canapes readily available with good choices an a fantastic veiw. Made up for the missing bits in allocated room. Cloud 23 well worth a visit but book ahead for the guest list as you will queue otherwise. I dont do queues! I also dont pay to get in a pub which you can readily walk into for free in liverpool....terrible that places on the deansgate lock charge £6 to get in the likes of revolution bar. Thank god we booked cloud 23.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us; however I am disappointed to read your mini was not re-stocked prior to your arrival. Please accept our apologies for this oversight.

I am really pleased that you booked on the guest list for Cloud 23, I am sure you had a great time. Thank you for also taking the time to visit our Executive Lounge where you were able to take in the fantastic views of Manchester whilst enjoying the hospitality in the lounge.

I am thrilled that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit

We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offering prior to your departure and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Kind regards
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights, the Hilton is striking from a distance, which also helps you to find your way. Greeted by a lovely young man who proceeded to upgrade us to An Executive Guestroom on the 18th Floor. Room was spacious, immaculately clean and the view was breathtaking, in fact it was mesmerising, and quite my favourite part of the stay. Bathroom had a separate shower cabinet and tub. In room safe was free of charge. Having had an unpleasant surprise at Internet charges in the Hilton Telford last year, I had done my homework and as a BT Broadband customer, was able to use BT Openzone free of charge in my room. Otherwise, it would have been expensive. Would certainly stay here again, highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you booked a room to stay with us recently and I am really pleased that you encountered an efficient and friendly service throughout your stay.

I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival which allowed you to enjoy the spectacular and mesmerising views of the skyline.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you feel that we delivered in all areas.

Thank you for recommending us. My team and I look forward to having the opportunity of looking after you once again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've always been partial to Hiltons, but this Hilton in particular stands out. Incredibly clean, the staff are very warm, friendly and helpful. I typically hole in and survive on room service for dinners and the food is definitely above average. All in all, a really good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on business trips to Manchester. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and our service; I have certainly shared this with my team.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester, maybe on leisure, when we can look after you once again.