“Great weekend with friends”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #46 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It's very tall and looks like a converted office block. A bit out of the city centre and a rather impersonal reception area, but the staff were friendly and efficient. We had Executive Rooms on the 21st floor, floor to ceiling windows with spectacular views over Manchester. Our room was contemporary in style and the bed extremely comfortable. Bathroom was shining and of a good size with good bath and independent shower. Nice toiletries. We liked the Executive Lounge on the top floor where you can have free drinks (alcoholic at certain times) and nibbles, friendly staff and superb views.

The bar/restaurant near Reception is a bit cavernous and terribly dark! Why do these places have such dim lighting? But waiting staff were friendly, although service was extremely slow in the bar. Good menu where you can have 3 courses for £27, we enjoyed a nice garlic and potato soup and very good chicken stuffed with mushroom, with small portions of vegetables, but overall a good eating service. The buffet breakfast served in the same place was excellent with a great choice of cooked items and continental style cold cuts and fruit. Staff very good, but again, why oh why does the place have to be so poorly lit?

Swimming pool extremely small with practically non existent changing facilities.

We liked the cocktail bar Cloud 23 which has its own lift and great views from the top floor.

Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't have an Executive Room if you are scared of heights - they are on the 17th to 22nd floors...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently.

I am really pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome and that you chose to stay in one of our Executive rooms which gave you the opportunity to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

I can only apologise that the design of our Podium Restaurant was not to your liking. I appreciate that this is your personal choice. However, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food that our kitchen brigade prepared for you.

I appreciate that our pool is not the largest hotel pool; however, at 20m long it was designed as an architectural feature to compliment the building design.

We certainly hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,602)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I booked this hotel to go to the Manchester United football match with my friend. We were given a room on the 4th floor at 1pm which meant we could change and go early to the match. Taxi to the match was 10 pounds. The room was clean and well proportioned for a down town hotel. Close to down town which was great as we went to Mojos which is close by. Would book again great weekend and great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Old Trafford.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay and that your room was to your satisfaction.

My team and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in an excellent location - we were going to the Comedy Store and it was only a few minutes walk away! The hotel is immaculate and service impeccable. We were there for an anniversary and 'Happy Anniversary!' Was written on the card the room key came in. We would recommend upgrading to an executive room - you get full use of the executive lounge which has a fabulous view with refreshments all day and a happy hour later with canapés and drinks. You also get to take breakfast there included in the price. Well worth it! The room was spotless and well stocked. We have stayed there a few times and will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind feedback with everyone. We are pleased that our location was suitable for you attending Comedy Store.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate an anniversary; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

I am really pleased that you upgraded your rooms to enhance your stay and that you were able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent celebrations and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We booked an executive room for our 2 night stay here, we live locally and wanted a nice 2 day break doing tourist things and shopping. The room was lovely as was the executive lounge on the 23rd floor.
The only slight hic up was on Good Friday evening when we returned to the hotel and requested 2 espresso coffees in the residents bar. It was 10.55pm and the waiter refused saying the machine closed at 10.30pm and had been cleaned. This is not acceptable for a hotel of this standing. I went to reception to complain and the receptionist couldn't believe what I was telling her, she immediately went to the bar and arranged for the coffees to be served. When we returned to the hotel the next evening we went to the bar for a night cap and a few moments later the same receptionist from the night before came over to us to see if everything was ok. That is excellent customer service, unfortunately I did not take a note of her name otherwise I would have mentioned it to the reception manager at check out.

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am really pleased that we were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

Please accept my apologies that you encountered a shortfall in service whilst in Podium Bar, I am bewildered to read your comments. However, I am pleased that a member of our reception team took care of you and spoke with you the following evening to ensure your satisfaction.

The entire Reception team have been given visibility of your kind words.

We hope that you are able to return to stay with us again when you next choose to book time away in the city.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked this hotel for Bank Holiday weekend. We were given a room on the 6th floor and I was impressed with the room. It was a really good size for a city hotel, with a large comfy bed. The bathroom was contemporary and also nice to have a bath included. Usual toiltries provided as well as a proper hair dryer which made a pleasant change. The room also had a an area as you walked in with mirror and wardrobes and a large dressing table/work area as well as small table and sofa/chair.

The Hotel itself is well located with walking distance to the shops, bars and all areas. the only downside is the cost of parking.

It was also a shame that your didn't get access to Cloud 21 being a hotel guest. shame to have to queue!

Room Tip: Request a room higher up.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that your 6th floor guest room was to your satisfaction and that we offered all the amenities needed to make your stay a comfortable one.

We are delighted that you found the location of the hotel to be suitable for your needs, we are very fortunate to be in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

I am sorry that you did not have the opportunity to visit Cloud 23 during your stay. I am pleased to confirm that that our residents do receive priority when requesting to be included on the Cloud 23 guest list.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate and I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future, when you may have the opportunity to visit Cloud 23.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed for one night to celebrate a special occasion. The service on the front desk was great - we were upgraded to a very nice room. Room was comfortable with good views. Breakfast was excellent. The swimming pool is quite small, but ok for relaxing in and the sauna and steam are good. All in all a very relaxing stay.

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently, we really do appreciate it.

I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival and that your room offer you all the amenities and facilities to make your stay a comfortable one.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton Breakfast’ and I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering.

We hope that you are able to return to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Great place to have a cocktail with an amazing view of Manchester. Staff friendly and helpful.

Not sure about queuing system for the lift, doesn't really work letting people in the bar downstairs push in front of everyone queuing but otherwise a great place

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23 at Hilton Manchester Deansgate recently.

I am really pleased that you had a great visit to our cocktail bar and that you enjoyed the amazing views whilst enjoying your drinks.

The team are always happy to offer you a friendly service and we hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back once again in the near future.