“Very nice hotel, not the best area.”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 13 May 2014

High quality hotel with top rooms, spacious and well equipped with excellent beds. Staff were brilliant and what I saw of the amenities were excellent. The surrounding area is a bit unnerving at night if you head towards the nearby rail station -Deansgate. I arrived late evening by train and it is close as well as the tram, but the tramp sleeping under the bridge and the couple having a huge argument on the street left me slightly concerned and I have been all over the world all my working life. If you need this area of town the fine but if you have a choice then maybe check out the area first. Once again the hotel itself is excellent, better than many other Hiltons I have experienced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for staying with recently.

I am pleased that your guest room was to your liking and offered you all the facilities to make your stay a comfortable one. I am delighted that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

I can only apologise that the surrounding area of our hotel was not to your liking. We ordinarily receive positive feedback relating to the great location of the hotel. I am afraid that we cannot be held responsible for the actions of the general public that are not on our premises.

We do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Manchester Deansgate

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

As expected, usual Hilton standard. I stayed on the 12th floor with a city view however I guess the other side might be better as my view was essentially a large white roof 12 floors below! Room was tidy and well presented. Cloud 23 is worth a visit to have a glass of whatever takes your fancy at the end of the day, great views.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently; I am really pleased that you had an enjoyable stay

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 and I am absolutely delighted that you great time and enjoyed the wonderful cocktails that our skilled team create for our guests whilst enjoying the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond.

My team and I look forward to your next visit, which I hope will be very soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent one night stay here in December! Clean, modern and friendly staff. Visited Cloud 23 bar, before going for a meal in Manchester - Receptionist was very friendly when I asked her to book us a taxi. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your stay with us in December 2013.

I am really pleased that you chose to stay with us on your trip to Manchester.

My team and I were more than happy to have you stay with us and I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay and that you enjoyed the service and the facilities that the hotel had to offer.

Thank you for highlighting that you would stay with again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Great rooms. Great location. Everything you need for a city stay. Only negative for me was paying for Wi-Fi in the rooms. At the prices they charge for a stay, paid Wi-Fi is a scandal. That said, it's a great hotel. Lots of bars, shops, restaurants right on the doorstep. NCP Car Park directly opposite. Everything you might need or want is within a ten minute stroll. Book the cocktail bar if that's your thing, as they were queuing to get in. Ask the price of your drinks before you order, or you could get a nasty shock in the cocktail bar. I didn't use it, but friends quoted some silly prices.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your stay with us recently, we really do appreciate it.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our location, service, offerings, comfortable guest bedroom and indeed Cloud 23.

Thank you for your feedback relating to our WIFI charges. We are unable to alter this at hotel level; however I can assure you that your comment has been past to the relevant team within the organisation.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again soon to enjoy another stay with us.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I'm not a Hilton fan....it's like buying your first ever Mercedes C class and wondering why it's not a limo. The building is impressive from the outside, but not the inside. Rooms are completely average, verging on small for the price paid. Bar and restaurant are predictably overpriced, with breakfast being so bad the first day I passed on the second. Cloud 23 bar seems popular with the locals for some reason as it's only halfway up the building and staffed by patronising amateurs. Other staff, including reception, concierge and bar are however helpful and friendly. Location is good, transport links excellent. But it's just a Hilton, and not a particularly good one at that.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently.

I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Manchester. We are very fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

I can only apologise that that you felt that we did not offer you the wow factor and we appreciate that this is a personal choice.

My team and I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I took my son and daughter for a big treat , as they have always seen the building and wanted to stay ,our room was really spacious and lovely and clean. The staff in the Executive Lounge really look after you and make you feel special by going the extra mile and the food was fantastic, especially the afternoon tea. One of the lads overheard my daughter ask if she could eat a strawberry off the display and I told her they were just for decoration but a few minutes later he brought her a lovely fresh bowl of strawberries much to her delight. Laura McEwan, the Director-Operations really looked after us and gave us a beautiful room with fantastic views.
The Health Spa is fabulous, pool lovely and warm and again thanks to the staff, especially Lizzie who was really nice to my seven year old daughter. Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: As high up as possible the views are wonderful !!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lisa m
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with your son and daughter at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, we really do appreciate it.

I am absolutely delighted that the entire team looked after you and your family during your stay and that your guest room was to your liking.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our Livingwell facilities, I am really pleasure that you enjoyed your time in this area.

We hope that we have the pleasure to be able to look after you once again on a future visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I need to stay in Manchester on 20th May for a conference. This hotel is a preferred choice of accommodation. I happened to be on Deansgate on the afternoon of 24th April with time to spare.
I dropped into reception to book a room - face to face with a credit card in my hand.

Got to front of queue - can I reserve a room? When for sir? Told him date - and its got a priority rate. Oh, that might be a problem, we cannot book that kind of thing from here. Why not? It has got to be online. Some to-ing and fro-ing; ok if I want to book have you got a terminal I can use. Yes, upstairs in the business centre. Before I go, you have got availability? Oh yes sir, we have rooms for the 20th, no problem.

Anyway, then went upstairs - that will be £5 to use a terminal. No it won't - I've just been sent here by reception! So lady on desk said you cannot use foc, but I could look on my pc... so we start looking - not very clear what was available - she then said I would be better off ringing. What is going on???

A bit later, I got hold of my own ipad to have a look - system says no rooms - hotel front desk said rooms for sure?? Who is telling the truth here?

By this stage, I was losing interest to say the least - but the good news is that it took me less that 10 minutes to book a room at the Radisson round the corner, no problem at all.
Many thanks for all your help!

Room Tip: Round the corner!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to offer your review.

Please accept my apologies that you encountered a shortfall in service whilst in the hotel recently when trying to book a guest room for 20th May 2014.

I am bewildered to read your comments and would very much welcome the opportunity to be able to offer you details, should you so wish. Please contact our in-house Reservations team on 0161 870 1642 and they will be more than happy to be able to offer assistance.

I do sincerely hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel later this month.