“Great hotel in Central Manchester”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel in Central Manchester on a number of occasions.
For me it is the best hotel in Manchester.
The views are excellent across the city.
The exec lounge on the 23rd floor is always worth the extra cost.
The pool is also worth a visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter B
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us we really appreciate your loyalty.

We are absolutely delighted to learn that you rank us your hotel of choice in Manchester.

I am thrilled that you continue to enjoy your visits and that you enjoyed our facilities and service.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Manchester Deansgate

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here this weekends. The security staff were thuggish and rude. When I drew this to the attention of the hotel management they said security staff have the final say.
A disgraceful nay to run a supposedly high class hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the midland they don't employ thugs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Xxtravelanddine
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to receive your comments regarding the manner of a member of the Security team. I can assure you that I have passed on your comments to the Security Company who provides our Security Team Members.

We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome and I am sorry that you felt on this occasion we failed you on this occasion.

I do hope that you are able to visit us in the future to enjoy our facilities.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

From our arrival to our departure we can only commend all the staff for being so efficient and friendly with nothing being too much trouble. Breakfast was hot and there was plenty of choice with all tastes being catered for. Evening dinner was beautifully cooked and presented and not overly expensive although we did find drinks a little on the pricey side. Having said that, pre-dinner drinks in the executive lounge were free. After dinner cocktails in Cloud 23 was a lovely way to end the night. Step on the glass floor and look down 23 floors if you dare. All in all a very enjoyable stay and will stay again if in Manchester in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid a 22nd floor room under the overhang of Cloud 23 this makes the room dull, although it could h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and facilities and that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

My team and I hope that we are able to visit us again soon, when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for one night 27 May 2014; booked a great rate online. The hotel is located right next to Deansgate Castlefield tramp stop so it's very easy to get from the main stations. However, you don't have to rely on the tram - it's only a ten minute walk into St. Peters Square for nice bars and restaurants, and the location of the hotel is well lit and safe to stroll back to in the evening. The rooms are lovely, and the views are amazing. But the reason for my 5 star rating is the front of house staff who make the hotel. We were checked in by Catherine who offered us a complimentary upgrade. Each time she saw us pass the desk she said "hi" and on checking out the next morning made sure personally everything had been fine. She's a star :-)

Room Tip: Executive rooms are higher up and well fitted.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve C

Dear Guest

Thank you for booking to stay with us on 27th May; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that our entire Front Office team have been made aware of your kind words especially Catherine who we are delighted to have in our team.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and service.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the stunning views from the comfort of your guest room and that you found the location of the hotel to be suitable for your visit to Manchester.

Thank you once again for your kind words and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you like floor to ceiling glass and a room 23 floors up then this is for you.

Upgrade to the exec lounge to ensure you can have evening drinks in style with incredible views , also makes for an excellent place to have your breakfast.

Cloud 23 night time bar is essential for its sublime cocktails and vistas that can easily steal your whole nights away !

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently; I am really pleased that you had an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 and I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed the wonderful cocktails that our skilled team create for our guests to enjoy.

The views from the hotel are wonderful and I and really pleased that you were able to enjoy the outlook.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Another good stay with hilton clean good service know exactly what your getting for your money. Only criticism couldn't get spa appointment but I didn't pre book so nothing girls could do. I'm currently travelling up north due to business and am stopping in a hilton hotel each an every time..

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate whilst in the city.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our service.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton brand on your travels and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The tallest building in the UK outside of London! This modern hotel dominates the skyline and stands out amongst the traditional buildings etc in the area. Nice sized rooms with one wall completely glass, floor to ceiling, giving fantastic views over Manchester. The view at night is excellent.
The hotel is ideally located in the centre of Manchester close to shops, restaurants, museums and walks along the canals. The Coronation Street tour is within easy walking distance.
Self-parking is reasonably priced in a secure car park behind the hotel. Excellent service and food and very helpful staff make this an ideal location from which to explore the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your positive feedback with everyone.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am pleased that you found your guest room to be comfortable and modern.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the stunning views from the comfort of your guest room. I agree that the view is even more spectacular at night fall when you can see the city illuminated.

We are very fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

I hope that you are able return to the hotel in the future to enjoy another comfortable stay.