“Cloud 23 Champagne Afternoon Tea”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 25 June 2014

For £30 per head (plus 10% Service Charge not previously mentioned) the selection of triangle sandwiches was poor, 1 cream cheese and cucumber, 1 salmon, with one bite size quiche and mini wrap being the savoury option per person. Scone, jam & cream, followed by flavoured mousse topped with jelly beans ???, and 2 mini cakes. Tea/coffee or hot chocolate. Thank goodness for the views. Champagne mmmmmmm always gorgeous. Says it all that we called in another bar, ordered drinks and a bowl of fries!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat D
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your visit to Cloud 23 at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am disappointed to receive your comments as we ordinarily receive a high number of compliments relating to the service and offering of our Afternoon Tea.

I can assure you that I have shared your feedback with the Kitchen and Senior Afternoon Tea team to ensure that we do not receive a comment of this nature again.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for your disappointing experience and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Deansgate on a recent trip to Manchester. We stayed on the 14th floor in a lovely room with great views over Manchester. The room was spacious and modern, bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was big. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent - loads of choice and a really nice dining area. We had a drink at the Cloud 23 bar during our stay which was very nice. We went during the day on a Saturday and didn't have to wait for a table, but there was a big queue to go up later that evening. We used the pool facilities which were very good, if a little cramped.

Only negative was the parking - the Hilton doesn't have a car park as such, you can park in the NCP car park across the road for around £15 per 24 hours (you get 10% off for being a Hilton guest). However, having to pay for parking seems to be the norm with hotels in central Manchester.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you booked to stay with us on your recent visit to Manchester.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you found our guest rooms to very comfortable with amazing views.

I am sorry that you were unable to use our valet car parking service; we do have a limited number of spaces which do become full very quickly. However, on these occasions we are happy to offer our hotel guests a discount when parking in the NCP adjacent to the hotel, only a few moments walk.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum stayed at the Hilton on a girly weekend in Manchester. When we checked in the receptionist was really chatty and friendly and kindly let us know about the breakfast times and where it was served etc. We were on the 10th floor and the room was lovely and clean, not the greatest view over Manchester but I've had worse ones! Beds were so comfortable, probably the nicest I've slept in and this hotel was so quiet at night, didn't hear any doors banging shut or people talking in the next room like you so often do. We went to Cloud 23 on Saturday night and that's worth a visit just to see the spectacular views of the city at night ...cocktails are yummy too! Breakfast was fab, massive choice of everything and really good quality food. This hotel isn't cheap but you get what you pay for and for a treat or special occasion this is a great experience...great location too!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently, I am delighted that you and your mum had a great stay with us.

I am pleased that your guest room was to your liking and offered you all the facilities to make your stay a comfortable one. I am delighted that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 during your stay, I agree that the views of Manchester and beyond are amazing and even more so at night fall.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to departure and my team and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had looked forward to using the pool in the morning of my stay. Men's shower was scalding and the mixer tap did not work so unable to lower temperature. Water in pool was too hot. Not a pleasant dip as I had expected. Carpet in room in need of replacement. All other facilities fine and up to expectation

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Mike H

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us; however I am disappointed to read your stay was marred by your visit to Livingwell

The team in Livingwell have been made aware of your comments and to date I can confirm that we have not received any similar feedback as our facilities in Livingwell are checked on an ongoing basis.

Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked this hotel for mine and my husbands wedding night. After booking it I decided I would like to check in early to also get ready at the hotel before the wedding. The staff there were so helpful, they sorted out an early check-in for me and my wedding party of bridesmaids and also wavered the check-in price for me.

After a lovely day me and my new husband turned back to the Hilton for the night to be surprised by a lovely plate of choccies and fruit saying congratulations.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your wedding day. Thank you for allowing us to form part of such a special and personal day.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay and to allow you the comfort to get ready with your bridal party.

Thank you once again for staying with us to celebrate your wedding day and my team and I hope that we are able to welcome you and your husband back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the beginning of the month for a weekend break. Upon arrival was greeted as you would expect and offered a refreshing drink. Nice touch. Desk staff were very attentive and without delay we were shown to our room. Its worth mentioning that we were offered an upgrade to an Exec+ room which had great views of the city with floor to wall windows and a few other nice touches. Without doubt a very comfortable room. We also took advantage of the Valet service, well worth the slight expense.
This Hilton hotel on Deansgate is very well located and within walking distance all all you would want to do over a weekend. Previous stays we had been to Cloud 23 which is a cocktail bar and diner so this time we didn't bother, if you are considering it, my advice would be to book in advance. The Spa facilities were great with a long yet narrow swimming pool.
The Exec facilities were great, better than most I have experienced in other hotels of the same rating.
All in all a nice stay, made all the more nicer as upon departure we did mention to the desk staff a few issues regarding the room. Without question they removed the upgrade fee from the invoice. A nice touch as it showed our opinion and thoughts counted. Thank you Damian.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobAshleyB

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently; it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am delighted that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel.

I am really pleased that you were able to upgrade to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge whilst enjoying the spectacular views of Manchester and beyond.

We are fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer and I am pleased that we formed a convenient based for your weekend visit to Manchester.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we certainly hope that we have the opportunity of having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Deansgate for a special birthday and had a fab time. The staff were so friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived to the minute we left. Champagne afternoon tea in Cloud 23 was a great start to the weekend, the sandwhiches and the lemon tart was lovely. The views from the rooms are spectacular, although facing towards outer Manchester, we could actually see air traffic control in the distance and see planes landing! The rooms were also extremely clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated, carpet stain outside of bathroom was such as shame as everything else was perfect - perhaps they should get new carpet tiles for the door matt sized stain considering this is a top hotel and the prices were certainly paid. The breakfast was delicious and good quality. The swimming pool and Jacuzzi was nice, adults only would have been way better! After all you would expect that in a top hotel which is not exactly designed to be family orientated. Lastly the hotels taxi service is efficient and very good value - not like the usual ripping off tourists over a several minute taxi journey. Overall amazing!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dreamin317

Dear Guest

I am pleased that you booked to stay with us to celebrate your birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your celebrations.

Thank you for taking the time visit Cloud 23. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea offering whilst taking in the amazing views.

I am delighted that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that the team have been made aware of your kind words.

We certainly hope that you are able to visit us again soon, when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.