Hilton Manchester Deansgate
INNSIDE Manchester(Manchester)
The Midland(Manchester)
Pad Hotel(Manchester)
4,743 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is unmissable! 24 floors of glass. Therefore, finding it was easy. Parking was not so easy due to some road closures at the NCP entrance so we parked under the bridges near to the MISO (Science Museum) down the road opposite the Hotel. The NCP is probably the easiest and at £15 (discounted to £13 if you get your ticket scanned as you check out). We booked an Executive room which was fine. Great view and good facilities. I think we ended up in an Executive plus as we had a coffee machine and jacuzzi bath which was good fun. We headed to the Exec lounge before going to a concert at Phones 4 U arena (15 min walk up Deansgate). We didn't have time for a meal but the buffet type food in the lounge was enough to see us through until after the concert. I rather over did the G/T's as well. It was quite busy but the food and drink kept coming out so it was lovely to sit looking over the city. Deansgate is a great street for pubs and restuarants and I've reviewed a Tapas bar we went to after the concert. We slept very well - good bed, good pillows. We headed to the Exec lounge for breakfast which was not as complete as the breakfast in the main restuarant but was perfectly adequate - scambled egg, smoked mackeral, cheeses, meats, toast, fruit, cereals. All being topped up regularly. We then went for a swim. The pool is nice an long (but a tad warm for lengths). Good steam room, sauna and large jacuzzi. Eevntually we had to leave. the receptionist recognised us and asked how our evening went. All in all a lovely stay.

Room Tip: You could I guess ask for a room overlooking the city but any floor above 15 floors is going to have a great view whichever way you are facing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate whilst in the city attending a concert.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am pleased that we were able to offer an upgrade to an Executive Plus room and I am really pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality of the team in our 23rd Executive Lounge.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our leisure facilities and I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in Livingwell.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed you time with us. We hope that we are able to look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We live in the Manchester area but decided to do something special for our 2 years anniversary and was not disapointed! We booked a executive room (A MUST) and were amazed by the views from our room. The room are very comfortable and had everything you expect. The executive lounge was brilliant with acholic drinks and canapes included for the night up till 8 and breakfast in the morning. As some have mentioned the choice very vast for breakfast but it was enough for me (Bacon, Sausage, Bread, Toaster, Fruit, Scrambled Egg ect). Being in the executive lounge was very relaxing as there wasnt any ques for food and drinks and was very relaxing!

Will definatly be booking again for a romantic night!

Room Tip: Get a Executive Room! You wont regret it! Also I didn't use the Spa as its quite expensive and there are other Spa's around in Manchester :)

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind feedback with everyone.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your 2nd anniversary; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from the comfort of your high floor guest room.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent celebrations and we are delighted to read that you will return to stay with us.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my partner and had a good time. The room was clean and modern with a fabulous view and the staff were pleasant. The executive lounge is great, a relaxed feel with complimentary tasty nibbles and drinks and the cloud bar is worth a visit for the cocktail menu.
The pool area is ok if a little let down by the confines of space but more than adequate for a quick dip after breakfast.
Definitely among the better hotels in Manchester

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your review.

I am delighted that you booked an Executive room to enhance your stay and I am really pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality of the team in our 23rd Executive Lounge.

Thank you for using our leisure area during your stay. I appreciate that our swimming pool is not the largest hotel pool; however, at 20m long it was designed as an architectural feature to compliment the building design.

My team and I hope that we are able to look after you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My review is in two halves. The first half is overwhelming positivity and the second half is a bit of disappointment.

So the positivity first; The hotel is lovely, the building is fantastic and is within walking distance of a few key sites in Manchester City Centre.

We stayed in a King Executive room on the 20th floor which was immaculate, the bathroom was lovely, the bed comfortable and the floor to ceiling windows were absolutely amazing! Our view was stunning and being so high up of course meant that there was zero noise from below, even though Deansgate itself was still alive well into the early hours.

The staff were fantastic as usual and the breakfast on the Sunday morning was massive (all my doing of course) and very tasty!

Now the negative part, the parking! On booking the hotel, I was keen on selecting the valet parking option (which I'd used to great effect at the Hilton in York) and so I filled out the notes section of the booking form to that effect.

On arrival, after about 30 minutes navigating the roadworks in the City Centre (in addition to the 2.5 hours from Newcastle that I'd already driven), I was told that there were no spaces in the hotel car park and no chance of using the valet option. Instead, I had to get back in the car and drive to the car park behind the hotel which added about another 15 minutes to my pre-check in experience. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but at that point, I was just desperate to get up to the room and have an hour to relax before heading out into the town.

I can't help feeling that a hotel chain as reputable as the Hilton should do more to help guests understand that there are only 12 car parking spaces available. Especially considering in my case that I'd actually filled out the additional request box on the booking to say that I wanted to use the valet parking service. I feel that some sort of prior communication would not have gone a miss.

That being said, now that I am aware of the parking situation (and can pre-plan for it) I would be more than happy to stay here again and I probably will the next time I'm in Manchester.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are higher up and benefit from fantastic views and no noise.

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and that you were able to appreciate enjoy the stunning views of Manchester and beyond whilst in the comfort of your 20th floor guest room.

I am delighted that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering prior to your departure.

I am sorry that you were unable to use our valet car parking service; we do have a limited number of spaces which do become full very quickly. However, on these occasions we are happy to offer our hotel guests a discount when parking in the NCP adjacent to the hotel, only a few moments walk.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we look forward to your return visit when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade to the Exec suites. The room was fab on the 22nd floor. Fab views. I'd say if you can, get a high room, as it's quiet and you get no noise from the busy roads around. Handy location. Exceptionally good standard all round.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the views from the 22nd floor.

We are very fortunate with regards to the location of the hotel and I am pleased that this worked for your visit to Manchester.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we hope that we are able to look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.