“Great hotel and staff”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great night at the Hilton Deansgate! We were upgraded to a beautiful room overlooking the whole of Manchester. Clean and comfy bed!Just wished we had more time to enjoy everything! A big thanks to Damian for looking after us so well and I'm looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: High up is always better for the views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for booking to stay with us recently; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that Damian has been made aware of your kind words.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and service.

We too look forward to your return visit.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Manchester Deansgate

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The service was attentive without being overly fussy, and the food was divine. We had the champagne afternoon tea - this consists of a couple of sandwiches, a wrap and a mini (warm) pasty, a scone with jam & clotted cream, a lemon cake, a chocolate tart and a champagne/strawberry jelly. We also had a choice of teas or coffee and a glass of champagne on arrival.
The winner for this afternoon tea though, is the view. The floor to ceiling windows give you amazing panoramic views of the Manchester area. Would definitely recommend.

Dear Guest

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed Afternoon Tea in Cloud 23.

I am thrilled that you found the team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that the team have been made aware of your kind words.

The view are wonderful I am an really pleased that you enjoyed the views of Manchester and beyond from the floor to ceiling windows in Cloud 23.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in July 2014 and booked a junior suite. The room was superb, (table in lounge area a little worn and sofas starting to look a little worse for wear) but this really did not put a damper on our stay. We had a suite on the 21st floor and the views were just great!

Check in a little slow due to staff being busy but the gent who checked me in was very pleasant and helpful. Bar area on ground floor comfortable and staff pleasant. Ordered a snack from room service, again waiter very pleasant although food a little pricey, portion size was good.

Cloud 23, loved it and again staff really pleasant, friendly and helpful. Amazing views!

My only real gripe overall was that although we were told we had access to the executive lounge we weren't told that beers and wine etc were available (I understood it to be refreshments and cánapes and continental breakfast in the morning) so unfortunately we did not plan that into our evening. I only found out about this from another guest, we managed to get 15 minutes in the lounge before they closed so a little disappointed by this given how much our room cost us and felt that this information should be much clearer (especially about what's on offer). Found Wi-Fi and parking also pricey but we didn't miss the wi-fi and parking well located to the hotel. We paid for breakfast the next morning in the restaurant as we had missed the executive lounge and this was really expensive (£35 for 2 people). Overall location of hotel is really good and easily accessible by road and station. Public areas spotless. All in all a really nice hotel with good standards.

We will certainly be looking at staying again in the not too distant future and hopefully we will be able to stay in the same suite and this time enjoy more of the executive lounge.

Thanks to all the staff, we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you choose to stay with us recently; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Junior Suites which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from the comfort of your guest room.

I am sorry that you were not given information in full whilst checking in at Reception regarding the Executive Lounge offerings. Our team ordinarily offer this information to our guests on arrival. Please accept my apologies.

I am thrilled that you found all team members that you encountered throughout your stay to be friendly and helpful.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had an executive room on the 20th floor with the expected sensational views. Enjoyed the exec lounge benefits, including drinks and canapes (6pm-8pm), though it was a bit of a scrum with lots of people all arriving at the same time, including a number of hen parties. I felt sorry for the staff, but they did a good job of keeping up with the 'enthusiastic' customers.
The room was excellent - good bed and linen, excellent aircon, and lots of nice design touches that go above and beyond the normal chain hotel standard.
We chose to have breakfast in the main restaurant downstairs which was a better decision than using the exec lounge which serves a much reduced range, as clearly stated in the welcome letter. However, the exec lounge made for a quiet and comfortable place to relax with a newspaper and coffee after the breakfast rush.
Appreciated the 12noon checkout time too.
Recommended for a relaxing weekend break, though don't expect too much of the spa - the pool is very small and the fitness areas/changing rooms a little cramped and tired.
Overall, an impressive building, well run, great staff, and excellent location.

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently. We are absolutely thrilled to learn that you rate us as your favourite hotel in Manchester.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us in an Executive room and that you were able to take in the amazing views from the 20th floor.

Thank you for your kind words relating to the team in our Executive Lounge, they have been given visibility of your kind words.

Thank you for using our leisure area during your stay. I appreciate that our swimming pool is not the largest hotel pool; however, at 20m long it was designed as an architectural feature to compliment the building design.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate were more than happy to offer you a great service and we hope that we are able to welcome you back for another great stay in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had booked into the Double tree but they had overbooked so they arranged we were transferred to Hilton Deansgate. Hotel was very nice and they handled our move well although we did have an issue with a taxi driver that was arranged by the hotel on credit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

I am sorry that you were relocated from the Doubletree Manchester Piccadilly; however I am delighted that we were able to welcome you to Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time with us. I can assure you that I have shared your taxi feedback with the Doubletree for their reference.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate or Doubletree Manchester Piccadilly.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

It was the Sunday before our silver wedding so we planned to book a executive suite at the Manchester Hilton, you can't get better than that can you?... Well, we sorted the car by using the car park around the corner - £15 for 24 hours - cheap I thought for the area. Checked in with no problem and located our room. Had a shower and noticed the bathroom was flooded - the door had a twist hence did not fit the frame properly, I contacted reception and after 1/2 hour we were moved to another room however this encroached into the time-slot allocated for the executive lounge - more about this later.
The rooms were clean, but tatty around the edges not what I expected for £250 per night- pretty expensive for a view ?
We found the executive lounge, and waited for someone to serve us or at least take our order, but we had to wait like lemons till we noticed it was self service? Perhaps the situation could be explained to future users?.
We had a couple of drinks & a few of the battered seafood snacks offered in the remaining 45 minutes we actually had in there before it closed. We had chosen the evening meal package and presented the voucher we were issued with to the restaurant & were asked to wait for a table. Just then my wife began feeling Ill, and we had to return to our room where she was physically sick for the remainder of the night - maybe it was the snacks offered, I don't know but we missed out on the meal.
All in all the staff were great, but the rooms were no better than any other establishment in Manchester, this was supposed to be a treat at the best venue in The city for a very special occasion but we were disappointed to say the least.

It was our first ever stay at the Hilton, and due to the night we had there it may be some time before we try it again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am disappointed to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful to discuss your comments personally. Please contact me personally as Food & Beverage Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate on david.chrimes@hilton.com or alternatively please offer a convenient telephone number and I would be happy to make contact with you at a convenient time.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

David Chrimes
Food & beverage Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Amazing Location and almost in the center of Manchester (Deansgate). Great hospitality and varied offer in Manchester.
It has Executive Lounge which is definitively a plus for a luxury holiday
Free wi-fi
The train station behind the hotel helps a lot in order to have access in the center of Manchester (Piccadilly gardens)

Room Tip: The train station behind the hotel helps a lot in order to have access in the center of Manchester...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am pleased that the location of the hotel was suitable for your needs. We are in close proximity of all that Manchester has to offer.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge.

My team and I hope that we are able to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon to enjoy another stay.