“Great stay, great location for spinning fields, no bedding issues this time”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #44 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We thought we would give the Hilton at Deansgate another go as our last stay was good bar bedding issues. Fortunately this time the manager was true to his word and non feather bedding was organised for our room based on a note I put on the booking. That in itself is a great improvement as the hotel are actually paying attention to the notes I put on the booking now :-). We had a room on the 10th floor and the room was spotless and had a nice clean smell to the room. We thought this room was bigger than the room we had last time on the 13th floor so that was an added bonus. Aircon was nice and chilly too as it was a very warm day outside. I was a little worried the room might be tatty based on reviews but nope everything was great. Upon returning from our night out we thought we would try our luck getting into Cloud23 for cocktails and yes there was a table available. Cloud 23 was an end to a great night. Overall another great stay and you can't beat this hotel for its location in Deansgate and nearby Spinningfields. We will be back soon

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us, it was a pleasure to be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

I am very thankful that you returned to the hotel following a disappointing previous stay.

I am really pleased that this stay was to your satisfaction and that the team recognised your requirements.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and enjoy Cloud 23 during your stay.

Once again thank you for staying with us and my team and I look forward to your next visit, which I hope will be very soon.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,541)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed for just one night during a conference at the hotel. The location is excellent and this modern and stylish hotel is impressive, although as others have commented the rooms, though well appointed, need a little bit of refurbishment. A couple of things to be aware of, windows are from floor to ceiling so perhaps not for those with no head for heights. However, the plus side is the terrific view across the city and beyond. Surprised that Internet is not included in the room rate and cost £14.99 for one day, also a medium sized bottle of water in the room costs £3.95. Breakfast was excellent as was the catering for the conference. The museum of Science and Technology is on the doorstep as are a range of good eating options. All in all, a good hotel for a business trip with a few leisure activities thrown in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DM51
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently whilst you were attending a conference.

I am pleased that our location was suitable for your stay in the city and that you found the hotel to be stylish and impressive.

I have taken on board your comments; however I can assure you that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city and completed a cost analyst when putting our pricing together.

I certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again when business brings you to Manchester or indeed on a leisure stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Sunday evening - 8pm, very quiet hotel therefore surprised for a simple room service order to be quoted at 30 mins.... 45 mins later no knock on the door, I call to check progress to be told it would be another 10-15 mins - no explanation or real apology - cancelled my order having lost about 50 mins of my evening - not impressed!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for completing this review.

Please accept my apologies that you did not encountered a swift experience via room service during your stay. Our Food & Beverage Manager has been given visibility of your feedback and he will take the necessary action with his team.

We hope that you are able to return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Proverty is nice, location is great, fantastic restaurant and bar at the top. VIP lounge is lovely with afternoon tea. Rooms could use a little TLC, the chair was a little tattered but the carpet was clean. The rooms are really pretty with a great modern design. Great value, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us recently; it was a pleasure to have you with us.
We are very fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

I note your feedback regarding some of the furniture in your guest room looking tired and your comments will be discussed when we plan a bedroom refurbishment in the future.

Thank you for highlighting that you would be happy to return for a future stay. The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate look forward to that pleasure.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night for a concert at the Bridgewater Hall. The Hilton is hard to beat for a convenient location - it's a five minutes' walk away.

We had an executive room on the 18th floor. Good view of the city. We could see the canal below and the hills in the distance. The room itself was well-appointed.

We used the Executive Lounge several times, and found it comfortable and well-stocked. In the evening, a full range of drinks was available including spirits (unlike the Newcastle Hilton where we stayed recently).

A full range of breakfast items was available in the morning including the cooked breakfast my partner prefers. He said it was all good quality. The only disappointment was the lack of freshly-squeezed orange juice.

All in all, a very nice hotel in an excellent location.

Stayed: July 2014
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate whilst in the city attending a concert at the Bridgewater Hall.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am pleased that you booked to stay in an Executive room and that you enjoyed the hospitality of the team in our 23rd Executive Lounge.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we hope that we are able to look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I Stayed in Hilton Manchester Deansgate on 11th July for 1 night. Very disappointed in the service provided. We had booked an executive room however when we arrived we were told the executive lounge was closed however their was no mention of this on the website of the early closure times. I have stayed in a lot of Hilton hotels all in executive rooms and have never known a lounge to close at 8pm it is usually 10pm. We went for breakfast the next day which was the worst I've seen at a Hilton hotel. There was dirty food on the side and on the floor. Plates not cleared away. But as 2 members of staff were playing on their mobile phone what do you expect!! it was very little choice, the hot food was a choice of 3 items all of which was cold, greasy. completely unacceptable, for the price you charge. Our room was not much better... there was black marks looked like skid marks on the bathroom floor, the sink was dirty and I had to clean the kettle before I could use it. The staff were patronising when they spoke to me, I tried to complain when I checked out however the attitude of the member of staff was disgraceful he was rude and uninterested. He said their was nothing wrong with the standard of the executive room and walked off. Is this really what to expect from a Hilton Hotel? He didn't apologise once, didn't offer us a chance to speak to the hotel manager or contact details. Completely unacceptable. I am a H Honours member and when I requested a late checkout, the girl on reception said there was no availability which is understandable however their was availability if I wanted to pay £20 an hour for a room!!!!!. So clearly their is availability they just want you to pay instead of offering us one advantage to Hilton Honours!. I have contacted Hilton to make an official complaint regarding this stay!. I am a very valuable customer often using Hilton for business however I certainly am very reluctant after this stay!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michelle E

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate and for contacting us personally.

I can assure you that following our investigations we will be in personal contact with you.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

5 star Service throughout. We visited the hotel in June to attend a private function which was absolutely superb. Our room had a great view over Manchester and very clean and comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, food was delicious and facilities fantastic. The function suites were great and we were very impressed with everything on offer.
We visited Cloud 23 the next day and it just made our stay even more worth it.
A great hotel with excellent customer service, staff and facilities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

It was a delight to have you with us recently when you were attending a private event which we had the pleasure of hosting.

I am really pleased that you had a fantastic time and I am also pleased that you found our conference facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during your event.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23, I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in the bar on the 23rd floor.

I am thrilled to read that you felt that our customer service was excellent and that you were well looked after by our great team members during your stay.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.