“Our Wedding Night!”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #46 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked a room at the Hilton as it was my wedding night, It was a once in a life time event and this was one of the main reasons for spending a little extra on a hotel as i though it would be an excellent experience to share and remember with my new wife!! How ever I feel like i paid for an over priced travel lodge room and couldn't wait to get out in the morning. there were marks all over the walls and the carpet was full of stains. It was the worst £199 i have ever spent and i am now left feeling let down, very disappointed and somewhat out of pocket.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank James E
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your wedding; however I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay.

I am very disappointed to read your feedback relating to your guest room. We do have a continual preventative maintenance programme in place and I am very sorry that this did not highlight the issues you raised. We would have been more than happy to offer you alternatives to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,605)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Good Service and facilities. Good rooms too. Manchester has many hotels that offer the same standard and comfort that appear to be more competitively priced. Restaurant was very quiet for the dinner service. Again Pricing may have a lot to answer for.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had a positive experience and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city, however we are pleased to be able to offer ‘deals’ and I hope that you are able to take advantage of one of them and stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked a one night stay for my husband and myself for his birthday last week. We do not live far from the Manchester Hotel and he took me to Cloud 23 for a previous birthday.
Booking in was really pleasant and easy and as we arrived early they took our luggage and told us our room would be ready shortly. We were given a choice of floors and the recommendation was that we go higher up for the better views and we went for this.
Whilst waiting we went for lunch once again in Cloud 23 which was lovely. The only disappointment for my husband was the lobster dish was not available.
Room (with floor to ceiling windows) and view were definitely as expected for this standard of hotel, and very comfortable. Bathroom well thought out as it was an internal room but the addition of a corner window from the bedroom gave more light into the room and the impression it faced outside.
There was a little niggle which I mentioned to reception on leaving and that was 2 conditioners and no shampoo, a facecloth (a little outdated) instead of a scrunch and my goodness a bottle of water for room consumption nearly £4.00. We live in England I know and our tap water if good in the North West, but please, the room costs are very high and even in hotels of this standard abroad the water is free.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for offering this review following your recent stay to celebrate your husband’s birthday, it was our pleasure to have you stay with us and form part of your celebrations.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your guest room allocated to you and that it offered you all of the amenities you needed for a comfortable stay.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for water supplied in guest rooms. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their beverage charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and every UK based property charge the same rates.

The water supplied in our guest rooms is there as a benefit should our guest wish to consume it. We would of course have been more than happy to offer alternatives via our Room Service department should you have so wished.

I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once more.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is in the heart of Manchester - parking is limited and expensive (25 pounds per night valet only) so be warned. There is construction going on around so it is difficult to access. Staff were friendly and helpful at check in and check out which was nice
From a business perspective the rooms are OK but not great ergonomically for the desk height and chair. Internet was spotty and kept disconnecting which was frustrating
Breakfast in the lounge on the top floor had great views but poor choices and availability and no papers. I remeber it being much better the last time and I think they need to pay some attention to their business customers

Room Tip: High floor away from elevators is best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently, I am delighted that you encountered a warm and friendly welcome and departure from the hotel. The team on the Front desk have been given visibility of your kind words.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is fortunate to have a small number of car parking spaces which we can offer to our guest on a valet car parking basis which are competitively priced with fellow city centre hotel. We are also happy to be able offer guests a discount when parking at the Great Northern car park, adjacent to the hotel entrance.

I am happy to confirm that our Executive Lounge does offer complimentary newspapers and these are situated next to the coffee machine. However following your comment we have relocated them to a more visible position.

The breakfast offering in the Executive Lounge is a reduced offering; however this should not affect the quality. Should you wish to enjoy breakfast in Podium Restaurant, where there is a larger selection you are more than welcome to do so.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at The Hilton on Deansgate.
It really is a fantastic building to look at on the Manchester skyline and has the same grand feeling as you enter.

The rooms are modern with all the essentials required however are good but not spectacular.
On our first stay we were on the 14th floor with a brilliant view and the second stay on the 11th floor.

If you are from local and staying for one night then this hotel is just fine however once the novelty has worn off cheaper mainstream hotels may be better.

If you are looking for that grand special feel then consider other nearby 5* hotels.

Ending on a big positive the beds are unbelievably comfortable!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you most sincerely for returning to stay with us; it is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

I am pleased that your guest room was to your liking and offered you all the facilities to make your stay a comfortable one. I am delighted that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

My team and I are always thrilled to see you return and we are delighted that you continue to enjoy each stay with us.

Thank you for recommending us and we certainly look forward to your return visit, which we hope will be very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in around seven Hiltons across the UK and the service is always excellent but the check in at Deansgate was easily the loveliest I've ever had! The staff were all so friendly and pleasant and we ended up chatting for several minutes. I was part of a large conference party and delegates and colleagues were all extremely relaxed, laughing and joking with the reception staff. They were absolutely wonderful!

I had a room on the eleventh floor and the view was wonderful. The room was finished to a really high standard and the bathroom was gorgeous. My only criticism is to beware the iron! Despite having it on the lowest setting, it still scorched my evening dress, so I was very glad I had a spare with me!

Great location, excellent transport nearby and a very quiet, safe-feeling hotel. I didn't use the pool but the entire conference party said the facilities were superb.

Breakfast was delicious and the restaurant is really lovely. If you get chance to pop to the bar, don't miss it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending a meeting I hope that you enjoyed our conference facilities.

I am delighted that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. The team on the front desk are very friendly and helpful and I am thrilled that this came across to you without be intrusive.

The team are always happy to offer an efficient service and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Based in the Beetham Tower, the highest building in Manchester, this hotel (covering the first 23 floors) offers spectacular views over the city and beyond, with the Cloud 23 bar (on the 23rd floor) and Executive Lounge offering the best views.
It's a modern, stylish building and the overall feel when you walk into reception is light and space.
We visited in July 2014 for a weekend with my disabled mother-in-law. The staff accomodated her in an accessible room with walk in shower.
The lifts (elevators) are modern and transport you to the required floor quickly. The restaurant and bar are all open-plan and the food standard was good.
We did have one issue with the room for my wife and I on the 14th floor; suffice to say the bathroom cleaning standard had clearly not been met. However, we were found another room immediately and offered some free drinks at the bar.
The gym and pool on site are very good with an interesting twist of windows in the floor of the pool (which is on the 2nd floor), looking down to the street. Similarly, the 23rd floor also has floor windows, offering a vertical view of the world below.
The location of the hotel is really close to the city centre and Manchester nightlife scene. Salford Quays is not too far away and it's just 3 minutes walk to the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry.
I'll definitely go back to this hotel; it's a great asset to a great city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you appreciated the design of the hotel and you found it to be modern and stylish.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you had move rooms during your stay. However I am pleased that we were able to offer you an alternative room and I hope that you felt that this was done with minimum disruption.

Thank you for highlighting that you will return to stay with us. My team and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Manchester.