“Fantastic city centre hotel”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #44 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Fantastic city centre hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights whilst attending a business conference with two colleagues which was located at the hotel, so we were there constantly.

From arriving staff were really helpful and informative, with luggage checking in, helping to set up etc.

The hotel is very large, well decorated and modern and really is huge!

My room was located on the 16th floor and I was more than impressed with my room! The bathroom was stunning with a jacuzzi bath, TV at the end of it and 3 wall mounted shower heads as well as the regular over head one!

The rest of the room was very spacious and comfortable, air con, flat screen TV, fully stocked mini bar and the bed was ridiculously comfortable - best nights sleep in a long time!

Colleagues and other conference delegates agreed how lovely the hotel was and also that the food was of a very high standard, whether it was breakfast, snacks during coffee breaks, lunch or the gala dinner.

We had a drinks reception on the 2nd evening up in Cloud 23, which was pleasant and worth a trip up to.

The fire alarms were triggered just as we sat down for dinner and fire engines were called out whilst the hotel was evacuated, but the staff were extremely calm and efficient with everyone and handled it very well - we were soon back inside so no big deal!

I would most certainly stay here again if visiting for business or leisure. The staff would ask you how you are by your name, which is impressive considering the size of the hotel and how many guests were staying.

A very pleasant experience! Well done Hilton!

Room Tip: 16th floor seemed to be the executive floor with really plush bathrooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Adrian L
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending a
Conference.

I am pleased that you found our conference facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during your event and that you found it to be of superb quality.

Thank you for highlighting that you 16th floor guest room was to your liking and that you were able to relax and sleep well in our comfortable beds.

Please accept my apologies that your visit coincided with an evacuation. However I would like to thank you for your kind word in the manner in which this was dealt with by the team.

The team are always happy to offer a friendly and efficient service and they have all been made aware of your comments.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchestet
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Treated the boss to an anniversary night away. Made a call and an email in advance to sort out some little extras. They did everything I asked and added their own touches. 5 star service and 4.5 star accommodation from a big chain hotel. Impressive. Thank you

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your anniversary; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay and form part of your special celebrations.

We are delighted that you had a great time and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

My team and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here 4 times now for leisure purposes, we have had deluxe and exec rooms, both really good size and the décor is lovely, sleek and elegant with great views and floor to ceiling window. Check in painless, valet parking is £25 and worth it if there are road works outside hotel and was worth the money. Staff are helpful and efficient but perhaps not the friendliest or warmest but still polite. Cloud 23 bar is good, cocktails are excellent and views good but this is a busy bar and has a mix of students and execs in it which is a strange balance. The main bar is relaxing and comfortable, good ambience and this goes for the restaurant too, which is very appealing and cosy although it is large, menu looks good and the breakfast is excellent and plentiful with great choice and very hot for a buffet. Pool and sauna/steam are compact but excellently maintained and really lovely and relaxing, very nice. Exec lounge nice but limited with opening times and availability of booze, probably not worth staying in the exec rated rooms for. Would stay here again as only a couple of 4 and 5 star hotels in Manchester, good option and great comfy rooms. Recommended!

Dear Guest

My team and I were more than happy to have you stay with us recently and I am delighted that our guest rooms offered you a comfortable stay.

I am delighted that you chose to visit Cloud 23 and our leisure facilities during your stay and that you enjoyed your time in these areas.

Thank you for your feedback relating to the closing time of our Executive Lounge. Unfortunately, due to fire regulations we are restricted to 300 guest’s maximum at any one time on the 23rd floor. The Executive Lounge shares the 23rd floor with our Cloud 23 bar; therefore we have to stagger the opening times of both outlets. However, I am pleased that you were able to visit the lounge.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope that we are able to look forward to future visit.

N. Ireland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've now stayed here a couple of times and no doubt I will return. Professional check in, no delays, lovely executive room with floor to ceiling windows and great city view. The executive lounge is particularly nice and well worth the extra, views, a good variety of complimentary booze and canapés.

Two mins walk from Deansgate rail station with direct link to airport and a pleasant dander to main shopping district.

A nice hotel for a function, spacious area for receiving guests and very nice function room. Hilton breakfast as usual always plentiful, I liked Sky News projected onto the wall.

The Cloud cocktail bar is good but security is a bit OTT, trying to increase the important of the place, creating queues when there are seats available, certainly the skinnier and blonder you are the faster you'll be whisked up in the lift.

Room Tip: go executive
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jaybel
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel and that our location of the hotel was suitable for your needs.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and facilities.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we are delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with again and we certainly look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

A birthday treat booked for me by my daughters comprising a facial in the spa and then afternoon tea in Cloud 23.
The spa experience was very disappointing not at all 5 star. The spa is located on a general corridor which appears to be a thoroughfare for other parts of the hotel, not at all inviting or relaxing. When we arrived no one seemed to know what we had booked for and our appointment time was 30mins later than expected due to
a computer update! No one offered an apology. The treatment was ok and the therapist very nice, although I did have face mask residue still on my face when finished!! Even in the treatment room you could hear voices from the hotel
lobby and the adjoining
rooms. The whole set up leaves alot to be desired.
In complete contrast our experience in Cloud 23 afterwards was superb, the whole experience was amazing, the staff so attentive and our waiter was brilliant, the food really good and the atmosphere relaxed and top class.
Would have no hesitation in recommending Cloud 23 but would not recommend the spa.

Stayed July 2014
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea offering in Cloud 23.

I am thrilled that you found the team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that the team have been made aware of your kind words.

However, I am disappointed to read your comments following your visit to Spa 303 within Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

Spa 303 is a concession of the hotel and I can assure you that your comments have been passed to the team at Spa 303.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked a room at the Hilton as it was my wedding night, It was a once in a life time event and this was one of the main reasons for spending a little extra on a hotel as i though it would be an excellent experience to share and remember with my new wife!! How ever I feel like i paid for an over priced travel lodge room and couldn't wait to get out in the morning. there were marks all over the walls and the carpet was full of stains. It was the worst £199 i have ever spent and i am now left feeling let down, very disappointed and somewhat out of pocket.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank James E
Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your wedding; however I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay.

I am very disappointed to read your feedback relating to your guest room. We do have a continual preventative maintenance programme in place and I am very sorry that this did not highlight the issues you raised. We would have been more than happy to offer you alternatives to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Good Service and facilities. Good rooms too. Manchester has many hotels that offer the same standard and comfort that appear to be more competitively priced. Restaurant was very quiet for the dinner service. Again Pricing may have a lot to answer for.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had a positive experience and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city, however we are pleased to be able to offer ‘deals’ and I hope that you are able to take advantage of one of them and stay with us again.