“Great hotel in a great location”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #44 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here as part of a hen party, the whole experience was fab. On arrival the reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our rooms were not ready but Brian assisted us and put the bags in a secure room until we returned. The room was clean, spacious and being on the 7th floor had good views over the city. The bathroom was also clean and well appointed with an excellent shower and good selection of complimentary toiletries. The bed and pillows were very comfy and surprisingly for a city hotel there was no internal noise and I was able to get a good nights sleep. Breakfast was to the usual hilton standard with a good selection of hot and cold food. Over all a good hotel, comfy stay in an excellent location.

Room Tip: High room for excellent views
1  Thank Janet C
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate a Hen Party, we are delighted that a great time was had by all.

I am delighted that your guest room offered you all the amenities to ensure you had a comfortable stay and that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we hope that we are able to look after you when you next visit Manchester.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,540)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed two nights on my first visit to Manchester. Nice polite staff, convenient with a Sainsbury close buy. Lovely walk to the city. Big big room with a nice view of the city. Only complaint was that the lights in the bedroom and bathroom were a bit dim for make up purposes. The air conditioning was not working properly the first night but the staff took immediate action upon our complaint. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Only complaint there is no free wi fi but I am told this is common in Europe so can't really complain.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first visit to Manchester. We hope that you had a great stay in our wonderful city.

We are fortunate to be ideally located within Manchester and in walking distance of the great amenities that the city has to offer.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your guest room and that were able to appreciate the wonderful views of Manchester.

My team and I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate should you visit Manchester again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a typical Hilton and is as good as it should be. The 40 floor tower it is set in is impressive and our 13th Floor room had a great view from a stunning picture window. The room was spacious and clean and the beds very comfortable.
I had a breakfast and dinner package as we were arriving late. Even though we were later than expected there was no trouble over dinner, which was good. (only criticism, I had to explain to three staff that the dinner was included.)
Breakfast, the great hearty Hilton Buffet, lovely. the room grand and impressive. Di not get to visit the 23rd floor bar, but I understand it is good.
The Pool, is set out under the tower and looking up you get an amazing view. it is small but adequate.

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay; it is also good to learn that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

I am really pleased that you were able to appreciate the stunning views of Manchester and beyond from the comfort of your 13th floor guest room.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton’ breakfast and we are pleased that you enjoyed our offering prior to your departure.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times always on my own with work. It's a well kept hotel, modern and a great breakfast selection as expected with a Hilton. The swimming pool is worth a visit but more to relax than do any serious swimming. Never the less great after a hard days work and travelling. The rooftop bar is great but more so if you are with friends on weekend! All in all, would highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to return to stay with us when you are in the city on business. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy every aspect of the hotel and our service; I have certainly shared this with my team.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester, maybe on leisure, when we can look after you once again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had never been to Mancgester before, hence, our choice of hotel was a gamble. We were using Manchester as our "base" for a number of days whilst we visited The Lakes District, including Beatrix Potter's home in Hill Top.
From the moment we arrived at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate we were impressed. We had a hire car and the valet service was efficient, no matter how many times we "retrieved" the car and dropped it back. The gentleman on the door that day was a hoot and very helpful from the minute we arrived.
Check-in was a breeze and the porter was the friendliest we had met. The rooms were excellent, breakfast up there as everything you would expect from Hilton Hotels and the bar in the evening was a great place to chill out and relax. All-in-all, this was a great place to stay during our first ever visit to Manchester.

Room Tip: Ours was great, yet it was a back room. I assume the front are even better
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first visit to Manchester. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your trip.

I am pleased that you encountered a speedy check in and that you found all team members to be friendly and helpful.

I am pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you had time to visit Cloud 23 during your stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offering prior to your departure and we really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Travelled with my pregnant wife and paid extra for an executive plus room for the tv in the spa bath so my wife could relax whilst in the bath.
The first room was filthy with used chewing gum on the side of the bed. Their was no wool left on the carpet. We moved to another room which was cleaner, however the tv in the bath failed to work in this room. I contacted reception who put me through to another man in maintenance. He stated I'm in the car park sorting a job and will come up later. He failed to show and caused further stress to our 4 night break. This service is not acceptable. After further calls the next day?????????? still no show.
Hope the couples who were having screaming domestics in the corridors are okay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review.

I am sorry that you had to move rooms during your stay due to housekeeping issues in your first room. I am also exceptionally sorry that your 2nd room was not to standard in that you had issues with the bathroom television.

I have since spoken with our Executive Head Housekeeper and Facilities Manager to share your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again. I am very sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

I empathise that you were disturbed whilst in your guest room. I can only apologise for their behaviour and lack of compassion to their fellow guests. Our team conduct regular floor walks throughout the day/night to prevent comments of this nature and I am sorry that their floor walk did not coincide with the disturbance you encountered.

I am very sorry regarding the lack of follow up you received from our maintenance department, this is highly usually. I am confident that no ill will was intended towards you and please accept my apologies.

I am sorry for your disappointment and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future as you have certainly not experienced us at our best.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed with friends for a birthday weekend, excellent location, very vibrant hotel, lots going on nearby in spinningfields. An excellent welcome from the front desk staff who all seem a bit obsessed with getting 10 out of 10, oddly it kind of makes you look for reasons why not to give it to them; strangely they all did very well and probably got 10! Good breakfast and generally a pleasant place to stay with super views of Manchester - if you get a good rate it's probably the best place to stay in the city.

Room Tip: The higher the better

Dear Guest

Thank you for booking to stay with us to celebrate your friend’s birthday; it was our pleasure to form part of your celebrations and look after you.

I am thrilled that you received a warm welcome on arrival to the hotel and that you rate the team 10 out of 10.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you rate us as the best hotel to stay in Manchester.

My team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.