Firstly, I appreciated the upgrade from Executive room to Executive Plus room, and the fruit and confectionery plate to mark my birthday. These were lovely gestures.
Check in was a pleasure, staff were very helpful indeed. Later I asked at reception about wifi in the room. Normally it is an additional charge, but I was given it on a complimentary basis to mark my birthday.
The room was very well presented and the views over the city excellent.
One of the three lifts was out of order when we arrived, and was repaired during our stay. Following these repairs, this particular lift was not as smooth as the others, and was poorly lit in comparison to the others.
The main reason for booking an executive room was to have the benefit of the executive lounge. Over the years my wife and I have enjoyed many such lounges in various hotels, and Hilton is normally the class leader in this regard. One of the best executive lounges we have experienced is that of the Hilton London Metropole. This is the standard by which we judge other hotels.
The executive lounge in the Hilton Deansgate is a marvelous room with stunning views. However, where it fails to impress is:
• short opening hours
• poor range of refreshments during the day, including soft drinks
• the evening canapes were insufficient for the number of guests using the lounge, and replenishments were not always forthcoming. Even the jar of tortilla chips was not refilled during the entire evening
• the range of evening drinks available was not as large as that in other Hilton properties
• the staff were clearly removing the remaining food and drink several minutes before 8pm, thus making us feel uncomfortable remaining in the lounge.
• limited range of newspapers and magazines
It may well be that I am being over critical, but the standards I am using to judge the lounge are those set by Hilton hotels. In all honesty, this lounge was a disappointment.
This hotel has the potential to be world class. Reception staff (and indeed all staff members) are excellent, the building is wonderful. However, the executive lounge is disappointing compared to my experience of other Hilton properties and frankly not worth the fee charged.
Sadly, I wrote emails to the Hotel after my stay (to outline these issues), but as yet have not even had the courtesy of a response (even an automated one)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Manchester Deansgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manchester Deansgate Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Hilton
- Hilton Deansgate