“Typical Hilton”

Ranked #41 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Typical Hilton”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We spent one night in this hotel which is perfectly located on Deansgate, a 10 minute walk to the main shopping area and round the corner from The Comedy Store which we visited (fabulous!). The hotel consists of the first 23 floors of a high rise building - I think the rest of it is apartments. It has a very grand and spacious entrance lobby and plenty of staff to check you in efficiently. Our room was an executive one on the 18th floor which gave us access to the executive lounge. The room was lovely with a floor to ceiling window for fabulous views over the city, especially at night. It had all the usual amenities you would expect but, again with Hilton, no free wifi - they charged, I think, around £14 a day for it which is disgraceful. Why, when you can get free wifi in coffee shops, department stores etc, do Hilton insist on ripping their customers off in this way? The executive lounge was beautiful and located on the 23rd floor. Between 6 and 8pm there are complimentary drinks and nibbles - we only stayed for 1 drink but ended up being tempted to eat samosas, spring rolls and cheese! There seemed to be a very plentiful supply of food being regularly replenished and they weren't mean with the alcohol either! The bar, Cloud 23 (located, unsurprisingly on the 23rd floor!) is extremely popular and there was a constant queue for the lift to it (apparently they only let so many in at a time). We had one very expensive drink there after convincing the man on the door that we shouldn't have to go back down to the lobby and come up again in the dedicated lift after we'd had the audacity to imagine we could gain access to it from the lift that served our room! All in all, I would stay here again but do wish that Hilton would come into the 21st century and give free wifi!

1 Thank SianH
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently; it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge whilst enjoying the spectacular views of Manchester and beyond.

Due to fire regulations we are restricted to 300 guest’s maximum at any one time on the 23rd floor. In order for us to control this effectively, we must have one point of access only and that being the express lift from the ground floor. I am afraid that our hands are tied by local authorities and obviously the health and safety of our guests and team members is paramount at all times.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level. I have passed on your feedback to our relevant teams within the organisation.

My team and I do hope that you are able to return to stay with us again in the near future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We found Hilton Deansgate convenient as the Metro Link and many restaurants and eateries are closed by. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially Brian from the concierge. He was very patient and recommended some good places to visit and dine. The room is spacious, nice, clean and bright and has a nice city view. Visit to Cloud 23 is a must if you want to get 360 degree view of Manchester City. However, the only minus point is the breakfast spread at Podium Restaurant. The variety is limited. Overall, we had very good experience staying at this hotel. I will return to this hotel when I visit Manchester again. I would strongly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Manchester City.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Diana T
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Manchester.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that Brian from our Concierge team has been made aware of your kind words.

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and service, however I am surprised to read that you found our breakfast offering to be limited as we ordinarily receive high praise relating to the variety we offer, however I can assure you that I have taken your comment on board.

Thank you for recommending us and my team and I hope that you are able to return to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, great views from my room, ask for top floors, bar was ok, have to book even if you staying in hotel, otherwise have to wait in live queue,slow service but cocktails were, location was great with plenty of bars around, very recommended.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Cheermeup123
Dear Guest

My team and I were more than happy to have you stay with us recently and I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay and that you enjoyed the service and the facilities that the hotel had to offer.

I am pleased that like a lot of our other guests, you found our location to be suitable for your needs and that you that you enjoyed your time in Cloud 23 where you enjoyed the wonderful cocktails that our skilled bar team create for our guests.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here early august in a family group. From start to finish we were all very impressed, executive rooms with access to the executive lounge being the highlight as we could relax with views across the city and beyond. We had booked a table at Cloud 23 although we're not told that food finished before this but this wasn't too much of a problem as we had filled up earlier in the executive lounge. Breakfast was good too the next morning and all in all a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mini600
Dear Guest

I am absolutely thrilled that you and your family had a great stay with us.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time in our 23rd floor Executive Lounge and that you were able to appreciate the spectacular views which enjoying the offerings in the lounge.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to your departure, we are proud of our offering.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay and my team and I truly do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a great overnight stay at the Deansgate Hilton. Executive room was spot on, ipart from not been able to open the mini bar plus the TV was slow to reach and eventually gave up trying to get the movie screen on.

Exec lounge was good with friendly helpful staff.

High praise for Vincent the Spanish waiter who looked after us whilst dining.

The evening meal was very good.

Breakfast in our room overlooking Manchester and the Pennines finished the stay off perfectly.

Can't wait to go again.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us it is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and facilities.

Thank you for dining in Podium Restaurant, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience. I can assure you that our Executive Head Chef, Stuart Duff and his team and indeed Vincent have been given visibility of your kind words.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Staying here for the first time as have stayed before at other hotels around Manchester
The room is great can't really fault it however I'm sure that many people stay here to use the bar that is Cloud 23 and here's the problem..
Guests at the hotel get no priority at all which means you can stay at say The Ibis and be treated the same as if you are a paying guest at the hotel...my idea....guests should not overrule all but should in some way be given some form of priority there could for example be two queues and alternate entrance is given apart from this gripe it's a good hotel

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Manchester.

I am delighted that your guest room offered you all the amenities to ensure you had a comfortable stay.

Due to fire regulations we are restricted to 300 guest’s maximum at any one time on the 23rd floor and at times guests are choosing to queue to gain access. We must demonstrate fairness to all interested parties and I am pleased to confirm that that our guests do receive priority when requesting to be included on the Cloud 23 guest list.

Thank you for your comments and we hope that we are able to look after you when you next visit Manchester.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had a fantastic overnight stay at this hotel. Stayed in executive room, lovely view, comfy bed, nothing too much trouble for attentive staff too. Special thanks to Eric from the concierge, who was exceptionally helpful and friendly and is a credit to the hotel.

Not a complaint but rather strange that we got ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard with our toast from room service at 1am. Made us laugh though! Thank you.

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay; it is also good to learn that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

I am so pleased to read that you found all team members to be extremely friendly and that they looked after you during your stay. The entire team have been given visibility of your feedback, especially our Concierge team.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.