“Great Central Place To Stay”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great hotel to stay in if you are looking for a central location to be in.

5* hotel with great service. The staff are all very welcoming and make sure you have all you need for your stay at the hotel. I always book an executive room, they are always on a higher floor which gives great views of the city. Room service and service within the executive lounge is always of a high standard too.
Rooms always have plenty of space and beds are extremely comfortable. Always have your own robes and slippers waiting in the room which is great if you are using the spa there.

Breakfast is fantastic also.

Parking is close by if you do not book the hotel parking.

Room Tip: Always go for higher floor rooms 17th floor upwards are fantastic rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katiekins101
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Manchester City Centre.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I can assure you that all of the team members will be made aware of your comments as they serve as a great motivator.

Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all time and I am pleased that on this occasion there was no exception.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay and my team and I truly do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for one night while visiting Manchester. The hotel is a skyscraper and has a very popular bar/restaurant called cloud 23 on the 23rd floor. It is well situated for walking around the centre of Manchester and there is an NCP car park next to it. Staff were efficient and friendly. We had a King Executive room on the 17th floor. It had floor to ceiling windows and fantastic views over Manchester. The room was clean and comfortable with all the facilities you need. With this room we had access to the Executive lounge which was also on the 23rd floor - what a fantastic bonus. We had tea and cakes in the afternoon, pre-dinner drinks and canopies from 6-8pm and a lovely breakfast the next morning. Breakfast was buffet style and there was a great selection of both hot and cold food. We also used the swimming pool which was more the kind for swimming lengths and there was a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Again very clean and staff very friendly. The executive lounge made this hotel stay special. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get an Executive room so you can access the lounge
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roaringjam

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am pleased that the location of the hotel was suitable for your needs. We are fortunate to be in close proximity of all that Manchester has to offer.

I am delighted that your 17th floor guest room offered you all the amenities to ensure you had a comfortable stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the wonderful views from the comfort of your guest room too.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge.

My team and I hope that we are able to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon to enjoy another stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

A group of 6 friends booked 1 suite & 2 executive rooms for a one night stay to celebrate my friend's 40th.
Arranged early check in to the suite so able to arrive at 12 noon & decorate the room. Fabulous suite & rooms but only downside in the suite was NO FULL LENGTH MIRROR which we definitely needed!!!
Customer service from reception & housekeeping was excellent when requesting extra duvet & 2 ice buckets additional to the ice bucket already in the room. Nothing was too much trouble. A surprise fruit & chocolate birthday plate was delivered to the suite shortly after check in. The floor to ceiling windows provided fabulous views of the city and beyond. We had use of the Executive Lounge from check in until check out which included complimentary tea, coffee, cakes, soft drinks & water in the afternoon. From 6-8pm selected spirits, mixers, wine & lager with canapés. Only downside....no Rose wine, only white or red.
Staff very polite and attentive. Free wifi in exec lounge was not great & had to use password code every time.
Very comfortable beds and everything you need. Very clean too. Overall a fantastic stay to celebrate friends 40th.
Breakfast in exec lounge was continental but did have bacon, scrambled eggs & sausage which unfortunately was like warm.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank samsyCheshire_Uk

Dear Guest

Thank you for booking 3 rooms to stay with us to celebrate your friends 40th birthday; it was our pleasure to form part of your celebrations and look after you.

I am thrilled that you received a great service throughout your stay and that your friend’s birthday was recognised.

The breakfast offering in the Executive Lounge is a reduced offering; however this should not affect the quality or your experience.

I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us and my team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great beds and linen, fantastic quality furnishings. Helpful staff at main desk. Peaceful spa area. Awful breakfast, serve yourself buffet style, cold food sitting in trays, slow, un attentive staff wandering round tables. Plus you had to stand around waiting to makw your own toast..when it costs £25 per person (and there was 4 if us) you expect a little bit if service for that. Slightly off putting for us returning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank anham567

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole that you had a good stay with us; however I am sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. I can assure you that all food is prepared fresh each day and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I can only apologise that on this occasion that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is certainly not the feedback we ordinarily receive. Your comments have been shared with the relevant team members to prevent any similar feedback.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and my team and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you will have a more positive experience.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I cannot thank the Hilton enough for making a visit to Cloud 23 a magical occasion.

Our amazing friend was celebrating her 100th birthday - yes, really! Afternoon Tea was the order of the day and Cloud 23 a fitting venue.

I cannot praise the Hilton staff too highly. Our friend was welcomed personally by a doorman, escorted to the bar area, presented with a birthday balloon, asked for a dance and generally fussed over all afternoon. The whole party received a complimentary glass of Prosecco and our friend's afternoon was rounded off with beautiful cake.

Thank you, Hilton Hotel, for a very classy welcome - it was greatly appreciated and made a lovely lady (well, a lot of lovely ladies!) very happy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan W
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your friends 100th birthday us. The entire team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate were honoured and delighted to be able to form part of these wonderful and joyous celebrations.

I am absolutely delighted that Afternoon Tea in Cloud 23 was enjoyed by all and I am thrilled that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after your party during your visit. They have certainly been made aware of your kind words.

Thank you once again for choosing us and for allowing us to form part of such special celebrations.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The customer service we received was truly appalling. Whilst checking in, a mere 15 minutes, our car was booked in the drop off zone. The staff were extremely unhelpful in how we could dispute the fine, continuly passing the blame and lying to us about the situation, even saying the car was there for 2 hours which cameras proved otherwise. After spending nearly £300 for our accommodation, pathetic concierge service and overpriced wifi, they couldn't even apologise for the inconvenience - and actually had the nerve to ask us for an apology. A lovely way to treat guests. Will definaltely never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Tara B

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am disappointed to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact Damian Gilvary on damian.gilvary@hilton.com or 0161 870 1761.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here with a colleague last week on business and was really impressed with the level of service we received from every member of staff we met.

From check in to a tour of the conference and banqueting suites we got great customer service nothing was too much trouble for anyone we met.

For a busy city centre hotel it was top, quality service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shg100

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on a business trip to Manchester. I am delighted to learn that you were impressed with our level of service; I have certainly shared this with my team.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester, maybe on leisure, when we can look after you once again.