“Great for young couples!”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of August with my boyfriend, who booked as a present for my 21st birthday. Hotel staff were lovely and accommodating throughout our stay, especially in cloud 23 (reservation definitely recommended!)
We stayed in a king hilton executive room, which had great views of the city from the 19th floor! One of the lights didn't work in our room, but it didn't really bother us. Huge tv on the sideboard and gorgeous bathrobes in the closet really won it for us, along with the amazing shower and cute complimentary tea and coffee in the cupboard. Executive rooms also benefit from breakfast in the executive lounge, which is next to cloud 23 but has a very different relaxed feel.
Definitely recommend for young couples, great location for pubs, restaurants and surrounding clubs and good transport links surrounding the hotel.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest

I am pleased that your partner booked to stay with us to celebrate your 21st birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your celebrations.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found every aspect of the hotel, our service to be excellent. We are very fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23 and our Executive Lounge. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in both areas.

My team and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed overnight on a business trip as the hotel is very close to our offices. Good overall. Looking a little tired in places with some warn out furnishings, but spotlessly clean and the reception staff were helpful and efficient.

Room was fine rather than great - typically Hilton and the Nespresso machine was a nice touch, though it felt like a standard room with a Nespresso machine in the corner rather than an Exec Plus and, if I'd paid for the upgrade, i'd have felt short changed.

I arrived late in the evening so used room service, which was quick to arrive. In the morning, breakfast was OK but at £15 for a bowl of fruit and a couple of poached eggs on toast, I don't expect to pay extra for a latte, especially when the "filter coffee" is undrinkable. As with other reviews, the layout of breakfast was baffling, with porridge placed dramatically between the eggs and the bacon, but kept me entertained at least.

Elsewhere in the hotel, the gym facilities are small but surprisingly good, it only takes five people to make it feel overcrowded but the range of equipment was about the best I've seen in a hotel, not just the usual bank of treadmills. I didn't use the pool as I arrived very late, but will do next time...

And finally, the reception team at checkout went out of their way to assist, loaning me some equipment for my morning meeting that I had forgotten to bring with me. I'd have been able to buy it myself had they not forgotten my alarm call (!), but these things happen, and they made a very good job of rescuing my morning.

Room Tip: Upper floors have good views; little point paying extra for an Exec Plus unless you have a Nespresso...

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that on the whole that you had a positive experience and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to use our Livingwell facilities during your stay.

I hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future when you may have time to use our swimming pool.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

The staff are excellent in this hotel. The location is amazing for getting to the shops all a short walk away. There is plenty to of choice at the hotel restaurant. The views from the room windows over the city of Manchester are spectacular

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and I am delighted that you encountered excellent service from the team throughout your stay; they have been made aware of your words.

I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Manchester. We are located in walking distance of all amenities that Manchester has to offer.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay and my team and I truly do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Great hotel - very nice exec lounge on 23rd floor - well stocked in the evening and great breakfast too with discrete and helpful staff.
Bedroom was nice – little bit worn in places but the bed was very very comfy. Definitely recommended and will go back

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay; it is also good to learn that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

I am really pleased that you were able to enjoy your time in our 23rd floor Executive Lounge during your stay.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope that you are able to stay with us again on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I stayed for our 1st wedding anniversary and we had a great time, Peter on the front desk checked us in - Total Customer care focused and Professional. We had an Executive Room with access to the 23rd floor Exec Lounge - Great views of the city. Mike the security guard gave us some ideas where we could eat away from the hotel - Thanks ! All in All a great lasting experience - we will be back soon !

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind feedback with everyone.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

I am really pleased that you upgraded to an Executive room to enhance your stay and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from our Executive Lounge.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent celebrations and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend with friends. Ideal location, booked in advance so very reasonably priced. Rooms are lovely, beds comfortable, showers good, very clean, view from the 14th floor was great. Not 5 star luxury but perfectly adequate.

Breakfast was great - good choice and selection, everything you could want. Feels a bit strange sitting where breakfast is served, as if your sat in the lobby but the food selection was good.

Service from all hotel staff encountered was fantastic.

Spa is lovely too - I've been before and was really impressed with the selection of treatments.

Only downside is the poor attitude of the cloud 23 door staff, I recognise the attempt to create an exclusive atmosphere but the attitude from the young ladies with clipboards is diabolical. I suspect you only are treated with respect if your a footballer or member of the hollyoaks cast. Luckily manchester offers a wealth of bars to choose from and really the only unique selling point of the bar is the view. Much better cocktails available elsewhere.

On the whole though the hotel is fine and I would recommend staying here but just give the bar a miss.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

I am absolutely thrilled that your room offered you all of the amenities to make your stay comfortable and that you had a great night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

I am disappointed to read your comments regarding the Cloud 23 hosts. The entire team work hard to assist our guests the best they can. I am confident that no ill will was intended towards you personally. I can assure you that Hilton Manchester Deansgate does not discriminate against any of our guests. We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome

We are pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to your departure, we are proud of our offering.

Thank you for recommending us and we truly do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

All in all a good stay at the Hilton Deansgate. Check in was quick and easy and the reception staff were very helpful. Rooms were clean and a good size but lacked upkeep in some areas. Surfaces were scratched/marked, there was a stain on one of the pillow cases, shower door didnt shut properly. All small minor things but wouldnt expect it in a 4* Hotel.

Afternoon tea was poor to be honest and very poor value. The cocktails were so strong we couldnt drink them (never known this before!). Think to be honest the Cloud 23 bar is hyped up to be something it wasnt. The views are okay but for value for money I would suggest it is poor. The service was slow but the staff very helpful and friendly.

Executive lounge is a good idea and would be worth paying the extra for a few drinks prior to going out. There is a small selection of canapes which is also a nice touch.

Breakfast was excellent couldnt fault it, only issue being that the juice ran out but this was soon sorted by a member of staff when I requested some more, she even brought it to the table for us. The staff couldnt be more helpful, always asking if we had everything, bringing anything which we requested and also very friendly. Couldnt fault them at all, excellent. Various seating areas in restaurant ripped though, bit poor for 4* but never mind.

Hotel is in Deansgate so is a ten/fifteen minute walk into centre but taxis cheap enough and reception more than happy to order these for you with no fuss.

All in all a pleasant stay and would stay again, Cloud 23 very disappointing and rooms in need of some maintenance. Staff friendly and helpful. For what we paid and what we recieved we were very happy and enjoyed our stay :) Only point to mention is WiFi should be free and easy to access, would expect this as standard in a Hilton - a lot of lower end brands provide this.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 18th Floor, no issues and good sleep quality
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

I am thrilled that you received a warm welcome on arrival to the hotel and that you found the reception team to be helpful.

I am disappointed to receive your comments as we ordinarily receive a high number of compliments relating to the service and offering of our Afternoon Tea.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and that you received great service whilst dining in Podium Restaurant, the team have been made aware of your kind words.

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to read that you will return to stay with us again in the future.