5,020 results
All reviews the executive lounge cloud bar podium restaurant floor to ceiling windows cocktail bar afternoon tea high floor birthday treat standard room modern hotel city centre saturday night full english following morning stayed for one night clouds cloud23
Reviewed 4 December 2018 via mobile

The worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. Dirty carpets, a tv that didn’t work, a phone that called reception for nobody to ever answer were just the start. The pool area was filthy with a leak in the women’s shower and dirty water coming through, the man working at the pool thought it appropriate to sweep all the dirty water back into the pool. A queue an hour long for Cloud 23 (nobody managed to inform us on check in that we could book a time slot). When we went up nobody bothered to serve us, we were ignored for over an hour then it took them 20 minutes to make us a drink then the card machine didn’t work. Awful experience in there! The to top it all, Sunday morning I checked my online banking to see l had been charged for use of mini bar and had taken nothing, we bought goodies for our room. When we arrived we check and it was full, yet a can of Red Bull had disappeared from it, making me think someone had been snooping in our room and had stolen from the mini bar - completely ruined our stay! I wrote to the hotel to complain and surprise surprise nobody got back to me, I sent the email a further 4 times and got no response so taking it further at the moment. The service from start to finish was appalling, don’t ever stay here if you don’t want to be scammed and ripped off!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Heatherkinz
RobertDodwell, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2018

Dear Heatherkinz,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay with us.

I can assure you that your experience is not reflective of our usual high standards.

I am disappointed to read your comments and I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your overall experience of your guest room. I am very sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival and this has been addressed.

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23, however I am disappointed to read your feedback in that you encountered poor service whilst in the bar. Our Cloud 23 Manager has been given visibility of your feedback to ensure that our guests receive the ordinarily high standards of service that we offer.

Please accept our apologies that you were charged incorrectly for the use of the minibar. I am confident that this would not have occurred intentionally and was due to human error.

I am sorry that your visit did not meet your expectations and I am disappointed to read your comments as the entire team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are trained to deliver a high level of customer service and they are very focused in achieving this. Your comments have been shared with our Front of House Manager.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope we will be able to welcome you again as a guest and get the chance to demonstrate you our great level of customer service which is the norm to us.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 2 December 2018

Celebrating a special occasion which the hotel recognised with a nice little touch or two.
Central location. Walking distance to Xmas markets restaurants shopping malls.
Fabulous ambience festive decor. Friendly helpful staff. Comfy big bed clean room.
Enjoyed the pool and spa facilities. We stayed on the 13th floor and before checking out had a coffee on the iCloud 23rd floor. Fabulous way to depart. We parked in the great northern car park. A little pricey overnight 15% discount with hotel validation.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Higher floors great views
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nirmal K

Dear Nirmal K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback following your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed the Christmas markets.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently. It is wonderful to know that you have enjoyed a first class experience.

We take pride in offering warm hospitality to all our guests and feel very happy that you were so taken by our team’s friendliness and helpfulness.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate for future stays when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

A nice hotel. Obviously a high finish in the rooms. But disappointed that there was no robes. Also the room was too chilly for my liking and we couldn't make it warm.
We were originally put in a room close to the lifts so we asked to move. Tristan on reception looked after us because of this issue - and then throughout our stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank X4936XLsusans

Dear X4936XLsusans,

Thank you choosing to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am delighted to hear that Tristan from the Reception team looked after you throughout your stay and I can assure you that he has been made aware of your kind words.

I do hope that that your guest room was to your liking; however I am disappointed to read that your experience was marred by the temperature in your guest room. I would like to offer my apologies that your room was not at a comfortable temperature for you.

I am pleased that your guest room offered you everything you needed to ensure you had a comfortable stay. I do note your comment regarding there being no robe in your room. The current Hilton standard for our level of hotel is that robes and slippers are not standard practise in our standard rooms. I can assure you that our Housekeeping team would have been more than happy to offer a robe to you should they have received a request. Should you have been in an Executive room, please accept my apologies as there should have been a robe and slippers present.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for offering your valued review. We hope to be able to welcome you in our hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

We booked the Hilton to stay overnight in our favourite city. The hotel and room didn’t disappoint in terms of style and quality.
However the rooms were not very practical, no plugs or usb by either side of the bed? Apart from strange round ones?
So you have to plug in your phone by the desk as well as the iron or anything else.
TV is very basic no Netflix or other on demand service but it did work. The lights seem to be all on or all off.
Still a beautiful hotel with excellent staff.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear daleawhittle,

Thank you for choosing us for your overnight stay in Manchester. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit with us at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

The team are always delighted to be able to offer you a warm and efficient service and I am pleased that you were well looked after.

I note your feedback regarding the positioning of the plug sockets. Your comments will be discussed when we plan a bedroom refurbishment in the future.

I am disappointed to read your comment regarding the television channels we offer in our guest rooms. We are pleased to be able to offer over 20 channels including all Free View channels plus Sky Sport News, Sky Sport 1, Sky Sport 2 etc.

Once again thank you for your stay and we hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night and was very impressed with the hotel, great rooms, nice breakfast. Check in was quick & easy. All in all had a enjoyable time. Views from bedroom & cloud 23 suite where amazing to say the least.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Wayne_ Banks,

Thank you for booking to stay with us, I am pleased that you had a wonderful time.

I am delighted that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. The Reception team have been given visibility of your kind words.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the view from the comfort of your guest room and we hope that your room was comfortable.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back on a future visit.