4,991 results
All reviews the executive lounge cloud bar podium restaurant floor to ceiling windows cocktail bar afternoon tea high floor birthday treat standard room modern hotel city centre saturday night full english following morning stayed for one night clouds cloud23
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had booked this hotel to celebrate my wife's birthday. Despite an email to the hotel informing them of this I was disappointed that there was no acknowledgement at check in or recognition of the event in our room. The Executive Lounge staff saved the day as when I mentioned the oversight to them they made a special effort to recognise my wife's birthday which we both appreciated. As a Hilton diamond I've had many breakfast buffets and in answer to criticism I'd say it was adequate if not outstanding. The service at breakfast was however lacking with nobody asking us our choice of drinks and tables being left uncleared for extended periods. In all a solid hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AReckert, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Stephen J,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us as a valued Diamond Hilton Honours member. Thank you for your loyalty, it is very much appreciated.

I am really sorry to hear that you didn't receive the acknowledgement you expected upon arrival. However, I am pleased to hear that our Executive team members made a special effort to recognise your wife's birthday.

It is great to read that your breakfast experience in Podium restaurant was appreciated prior to your departure. Please accept my apologies concerning the lacking service at breakfast. I have shared your feedback and observations with our Food & Beverage Manager so that they may review their operation to ensure that this does not happen again.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we hope we will be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Adam Reckert

Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived quite early and we were going to use the spa facilities to pass time and get ready, when we were very pleasantly informed our room was available. I know this won't always happen, but it was very much apprenticed as we were going to an event meaning we could get ready in the comfort of our room. Also on arrival the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Check in was quick and easy.

The room - Spacious, clean and comfortable (floor 5). Good size TV with sky, bed was very comfortable and the views were nice (apart from the lovely Manchester rain).

Breakfast - I had read mixed reviews about breakfast, but I thought it was lovely. Unless you are very fussy and picky, I would highly recommend it. I think it was £13.95 each, but that includes your hot and cold items, all drinks, and then there's a pancake machine, pastries etc. I don't know what more people want. The hot breakfast was very tasty.

The Spa - We went for a steam and sauna after breakfast, the only downside was the hot water had gone off in the hotel. They were trying to fix it obviously, and these things happen, I don't blame the hotel for this. It was just testing getting a shower afterwards. It didn't spoil it that much, and the rest of the stay made up for it. The staff on checkout were again very friendly.

Location - The location is great. Deansgate tram station is a 2 minute walk. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars in and around Deansgate. Tram directly to Old Trafford from there too.

Parking - Parking in general is annoying and expensive in Manchester. A little tip, you can park for 24 hours for £10 (which is the cheapest around there) just in front of the Oxnoble pub. It is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The only problem is you are not allowed to stay there for more than 24 hours, or at least it wouldn't allow me to add additional on the parking app. There is also a multi-storey near the hotel, and you get 15% off if you are staying at the hotel.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay and we will very likely return.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RobertDodwell, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Stumpy 118,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us.

I am pleased that we were able to offer an early check in to enhance your stay and that your room was to your satisfaction.

I am thrilled that you found the team members to be welcoming and friendly and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that the team have been made aware of your kind words.

I am very sorry that you experienced a lack of hot water during your Spa visit. I can assure you that we worked closely with the relevant engineers to ensure that this issue was urgently resolved.

I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel to be suitable for your visit to the city. We are very fortunate to be in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

Great to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, we are proud of the large selection we are able to offer our guests.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

My team and me hope we will be able to welcome you in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My partner and I treated ourselves to a night here whilst dropping our son back at uni and had a fantastic stay. The hotel is in a central location with easy access to trains, trams, shops, restaurants and bars. The hotel offers valet parking or there is a car park across the road for £25 for 24 hours.

We had a King Executive room on floor 19 with a stunning city view from the floor to ceiling window. The room was modern and spacious, the bed comfy and the bathroom had both a bath and shower.

We had access to the Executive Lounge on the 23rd floor where we enjoyed complimentary
wine, beer and canapés. The views were lovely and the staff were very attentive. We also had breakfast here before we checked out which was a very nice start to the day.

Cloud 23 was a real treat after a meal out and we enjoyed cocktails looking out from the highest point in Manchester.

I would highly recommend this hotel and really enjoyed my stay.

Dear holster32,

I am delighted to hear that your guestroom was to your liking and that you enjoyed the wonderful views that Manchester has to offer from your 19th floor guest room.

I am very thankful that you chose to stay in one of Executive rooms and that you were able to enjoy the amazing views and enjoyed the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23 during your stay, I am pleased that you enjoyed your cocktails during your stay in the bar.

Once again thank you very much for staying with us and for recommending us.

We hope we will able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in the Exec plus rooms for 2 nights. Second night asked to be moved as our room 1619 was noisy due to being next to a maintenance room. Had dinner b and b. Dinner was tasty, plenty to choose from but you have to pay a supplement for Lamb and Beef mains. As always the breakfasts are top notch, buffet style, loads to choose from and all really fresh. All the members of staff we encountered were very polite and genuinely helpful. Tried Cloud 23 a couple of times, lovely views and expensive cocktails.

Dear darren91,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner experience in our restaurant which offered a large food variety as well as the served breakfast.

May I also thank you for highlighting that our team members were helpful and friendly, they are delighted to receive your kind words.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful views from our Cloud 23 bar.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback with us.

My team and me hope we will be able to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this as our Xmas present for ourselves. We booked an executive plus room.
We arrived to check in after half 3.
The staff were lovely.
The only disappointment was our room wasn't available. When it clearly says check in is from 3, i expect our room to be ready.
When we finally got back to the room, it's a good size. We have stayed here a few times so know what to expect. The views are great apart from the dirty windows.
There is a tv in the bathroom and jets in the bath. Plus an amazing shower.
One bonus with booking an executive plus room is that you get to use the executive lounge. It's on the same floor as cloud 23 bar. Amazing views of Manchester. And from 6-8 they serve complementary wine and beer. The prosecco is served near the entrance.

The staff in the executive lounge are really nice. Especially the man who welcomes you in. He kept on checking we was ok and if there was anything we needed.
I do like staying here for the views and using the executive lounge.
I think maybe the cleaners need to do there job a bit quicker so rooms are ready as advertised. Plus it hadn't been dusted some of the tables and tv in the room

Dear emmacummings,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am very pleased to hear that the size of the room as well as the shower were to your liking.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time in our 23rd floor Executive Lounge, I hope you were able to relax whilst enjoying the amazing views. However, I was disappointed that you were unable to check in at 15:00. The night prior to your stay was very busy and unfortunately Housekeeping were under pressure to service all of the rooms in preparation for check in and this has been addressed.

I am thrilled that you found the executive team members to be nice. The entire team has been given visibility of your feedback as they serve as a great motivator.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback with us.

My team and me hope we will able to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Wishes