5,058 results
All reviews the executive lounge cloud bar podium restaurant floor to ceiling windows cocktail bar afternoon tea high floor birthday treat standard room modern hotel city centre saturday night full english following morning stayed for one night clouds cloud23
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Attended 2 day 1 night Conference.
Staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. Special shout out to lovely concierge man! So kind, smiley and knowledgeable.
Strange sensation during night with very high winds outside (Storm Gareth!!) causing feeling of swaying and noise of creaking!!! At breakfast many people were discussing this too!!!
Breakfast was fabulous. Great choice of food.
Conference room was spacious, well lit and comfortable .
Really pleasant experience although not much sleep!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
AReckert, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Beverley E,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your kind feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us even though you didn't get much sleep.
I empathise completely with your point regarding the poor night’s sleep you had due to noise disturbance from the building in high winds. This is part of the design of the hotel and frustratingly out of our control. This occurs very rarely when wind speed reaches certain level and I can only apologise for this disturbance.

It's great to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Our font office team members have been given visibility of your great feedback.

Thanks for highlighting that you enjoyed your breakfast experience in our restaurant.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great stay at the Hilton check in and check out were very professional room was clean and comfy however my only gripe was that while waiting for wife to get ready I decided to watch a bit of TV and to watch a film was £8 now considering we paid a small fortune for the room TV for example should be a perk for the visitors but overall I was very impressed with the service in general

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
AReckert, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Brian G,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

It's great to hear that you had a great stay with us and that we were able to offer you a smooth check in/out process. However, I am disappointed to read your comment regarding the television channels we offer in our guest rooms. We are pleased to be able to offer over 20 channels including all Free View channels plus Sky Sport News, Sky Sport 1, Sky Sport 2 etc. I am sorry that our offering was not to your liking.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback with us. I hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Went into the Hilton ,before a show in the palace , greeted by a very pleasant person at the front of the restaurant,taken to a table straight away , ordered fish and chips , fantastic dish for both of us ,Jean had a glass of prescco ,I had a pint ,staff very attentive and polite , can’t fault the place ,very laid back , went into the bar after had another drink , great prices ,love the place .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Michael B,

Thank you for visiting our Podium restaurant and for providing your kind feedback.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant and that you encountered good service by our staff.

Thank you very much for highlighting that our staff was very attentive and polite.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for a works conference. Lovely clean hotel. Good food. In walking distance of the train station. Lots of places around to eat. Stay very friendly and very keen to help with queries. Even though I’m afraid of heights and being on the 15th floor and visiting cloud 23 bar I enjoyed my stay. Would definitely stop again if visiting Manchester.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Q7506AZclaireh,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

It is great to hear that even though you are afraid of heights you enjoyed your stay with us and visited our Cloud23 Bar.

Thanks for highlighting that you found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Once again thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We hope we will be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I paid for a room upgrade but it did not have the facilities I require. The room I was offered was tired-looking and dirty, with some sort of slime under a glass counter top. The net curtains didn't fully close and the bathroom flooded. I slipped upon getting out of the shower and hurt my left hip, although thankfully I did not fall over. I recall staying in the same room several years ago (2011) and made a complaint then about the bathroom flooding. Nothing has been done to resolve this problem in all the intervening years. Also, the room smelt bad (probably because of the carpet getting wet when the bathroom floods). When it opened, this hotel was arguably the best in Manchester. It isn't any longer! At breakfast 5 different peeople asked me the same question ("Do you want any coffee?") a total of 9 times, which I found very intrusive and annoying. They didn't work well as a team. It was a disappointing stay.

Room tip: Most of the wheelchair-accessible rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Philip B
AReckert, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Philip B,

Thank your for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

Our Housekeeping team has been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments as our guest rooms are ordinarily of a very high standard. We would have been more than happy to offer alternatives to ensure your satisfaction.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the circumstances of your gest room this is certainly not the norm for us. I can confirm that our Housekeeping have sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours and I apologise for this shortfall.

I am disappointed to read your view on our Breakfast team members as we ordinarily receive a high number of compliments relating to our team members. This is certainly not the norm and your review has been shared with the Food and Beverage team.

We do hope that you are able to visit us in the future to encounter a more positive experience.