“The hotel was amazing and the staff were great. Had our wedding there and couldnt fault anything”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Held a wedding there on Saturday 21st Jan 2012. OMG it was amazing. The staff were the best so friendly helpful and happy it made the day. They kept us informed during the day and even chatted to friends and family. One of the guys was even dancing the night away with us. They made everything so chilled out and went out of their way on everything. All family and friends were delighted they even catered for disabled guests too. Honestly they were the best. Food was fantastic and some guests went back to the hotel the following day for lunch. The room was to die for they way they dressed and arranged everything it was wonderful and then we stayed until the following day. Honestly if I could book my wedding again I would do it in the same place and ask for the same staff. Thank you all so much for the amazing and special day and if anyone is planning a wedding please go and have a look.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
David D, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
It goes without saying that I was thrilled to read your review and to hear that the team at the hotel played such a huge part in making your day so special. It will certainly give me great pleasure to share your very kind comments with them all.

Many congratulations once again from the all the team at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel.

David Daly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Excellent location in central Manchester. Staff were helpful. Hotel was fine but was lacking in character. Bed was less than comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to hear that you found our location to be excellent and the team helpful. With this in mind, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel again very soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife & I stayed at this hotel for a short 2 night break, The location is great for visiting the city, even if finding it can be difficult,as there is hardly any signage. If you look for the Tourist Information center, it is right next to it!
The breakfasts were very good, and the rooms were spotlessly clean. I agree with the other reviewer about the prices of the drinks in the bar, but there are plenty of other bars & pubs around the hotel, so I expected it to be a little pricey.
If we visit Manchester again, which I hope we do, I will certainly be booking this hotel as like I said before it is an ideal base to explore the city.

Room Tip: Higher floors are further away from the street noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarkyMark31
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent two night stay with us.

I agree with you that one of the main benefits of our Hotel is our central location and therefore we are an ideal base for guests looking to explore the City.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused when trying to find us. Following our rebranding to Mercure, we have been waiting for new exterior signage to be installed on the building, which I am now pleased to announce is going to happen within the next week or so, weather dependant. This additional exterior signage which will appear on the roof of the Hotel, as well as down each side of the building, will hopefully assist guests in finding us easily.

Delighted to hear that you will certainly look to book our Hotel again when you are next visiting Manchester and with this in mind, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

N.Ireland
Reviewed 17 January 2012

excellent hotel which is very central.rooms are small but have everything that you will need,we didn't go to spend time in the hotel room.
the hotel breakfast is great and plenty of it,with a great view over Piccadilly
very nice bar but it is expensive.staff are very helpful and friendly.
we hope to go back to Manchester soon and will definitively try to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding your recent stay and it was also great to hear that you will definitely be back. We therefore look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel again very soon.

Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights whist visiting the Christmas Markets. Found the place by chance as the Sat Nav took me past the main entrance on the main road. Went round a second time and turned into the street before the main entrance and lo and behold, a multi storey car park leading to the hotel car park.
Check in was quick and friendly and we were allocated a room on the top floor. The room and bathroom were very clean and the view was good, overlooking Picadilly Gardens. The main issue was the room temperature - it was pretty cold. I adjusted the temperature to max and we went down for dinner which was included with the stay. A nice restaurant with friendly staff. The choice of food was good and well cooked. We then went for a stroll around the markets and returned quite late, expecting the room to have warmed up - it haden't. In fact, it was warmer with the 'heating' fan (supposedly warm air) turned off as it just caused a draught. As it was late, we got into bed to warm up.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice no matter what your taste is and again the staff very friendly.
We were straight out again and returned to the hotel about 4pm.
I went straight down to reception to ask if they had any portable heaters. The girl on reception got on the radio to housekeeping and asked if they had any available - she was greeted by a rather grumpy 'what do you want' by a guy at the other end. After making her request 3 times and listning to grumpy on the other end, she said that she thought they were bringing one to the room. It hadn't arrived before we hit the markets again but hoped it would be there on our return - it wasn't. Again, it was late, so just got into bed.
Check out was swift and polite and no trouble with the bill.
If the room had been warm it would have been a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Top floor maybe not a good choice as apart from the room being cold, the lift works are situated abo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank satriani100
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your valued review following your stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that your stay with us was marred as a result of the heating problem you encountered in your bedroom, for which I apologise. I have, however, noted from your comment that had there not been this issue, you woud have had a perfect stay. Therefore, with this in mind, I do hope that the situation you faced on this occasion will not deter you from visiting us again and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

England
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My daughter and I stayed in this lovely hotel, for one night midweek December 22nd. for the christmas markets.

We had a great time, we got back to the room about 9.00 pm and chilled out in warm, spacious comfortable surroundings.

Would definitely return again - good value for £62.00 per room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive review following your stay with us in December, which really is appreciated.

Great to hear that you will definitely return to us and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Swindon
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I seem to have a running issue with hotels in Manchester not having enough parking! At this hotel, they have a parking level where if you park beyond an overhead sign (which is easy to miss whilst searching for a parking spot) and leave after 6.30am, you could find yourself clamped! The alternative NCP car park is not only quite a trek with your luggage, it also costs £22 for the night!

The room service struggled to deliver what I wanted and were annoyed that I didn't simply accept their proposed alternative without any hesitation! The food itself was adequate, at best! Having told the reception that I wanted room service, they neglected to tell me that I had to authorise a credit card in addition to my payment, so ended up having to pay cash when the food was delivered.

The bed was a disaster! I felt EVERY spring in the mattress, which led to a dreadful night's sleep. This wasn't helped by the air conditioning / heating insisting on either blowing out cold air or being switched off, when it was a little too cold to be without heat!

At breakfast, they managed to serve burned, cold toast then when they delivered my cooked food, it had so many hairs on it that I thought a dog must have been shedding in the kitchen! I ended up turning down an alternative and leaving hungry - having wasted £9 on breakfast!

All in all, this is definitely a hotel that I'll be avoiding in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room in an alternative hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank JohnL1968
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you for your valued review. I was extremely disappointed to read that you did not have a positive stay with us.

One of the main benefits of our hotel is our central location, together with the fact that we do have our own on site car park, with a capacity to accommodate up to 80 cars. These spaces are subject to availability and are allocated on a first come first served basis. We do, however, have the additional benefit of the business adjacent to us allowing us to utilise their car parking spaces outside their business hours. Hotels guests are, however, respectfully requested to remove their vehicle from their property by 7am Monday-Friday..

It was concerning to read your comments regarding your experience of room service and breakfast. I can confirm your feedback has been shared accordingly with the respective members of my management team who will act upon them to ensure such shortcomings are never repeated. Your comment regarding your mattress and climate control system has also been noted.

I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion but would like to thank you for bringing your observations to my attention. It goes without saying that we would welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in us and with this in mind, please do contact me personally should you ever wish to give us another chance in the future.

David Daly

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
ABode Manchester
ABode Manchester
#21 of 118 in Manchester
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street

Been to Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel? Share your experiences!