“Great City Centre Hotel !”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #74 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I am an Accor gold card holder and usually use the Novotel/Mercure/Ibis chain as my first choice of hotel.

I stayed at the Mercure Picaddilly on 9th May and was very impressed with my stay. (I stayed here on a couple of occasions in the past before Mercure took over, and had mixed experiences, but standards have clearly improved).

I was particularly impressed with with the courteous, friendly and professional nature of the reception and bar staff. The room was very clean and comfortable (nice large bed and powerful shower) and the location of the Mercure couldn't be better.

My only negative comment was with regards to the overnight parking charge of £15.00, which by any standards isn't cheap!! (Unlesss your staying in London!).

To be fair, the room rate was reasonable so I was happy to absorb the cost of the parking. If the room rate had been much higher I would have had a struggle to justify.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel following your stay with us.

It goes without saying that I was extremely pleased to hear that you were very impressed with your stay with us on this occasion and it will certainly give me great pleasure to share your comments with the team.

As you have mentioned, the location of our Hotel couldn’t be better and coupled with the fact that as a City Centre Hotel we have our own on-site car park, which is secure and allows guests the comfort of leaving their vehicle and being only steps away from our entrance, is of great benefit to us. A car parking charge has always been in operation at the Hotel and is publicised. We do undertake reviews of our charges and at such times, compare them to other car parks in our immediately vicinity who, at this moment in time, charge up to £22.00 per overnight stay. We therefore believe the price we currently charge is extremely favourable.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and I trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

David Daly

Write a ReviewReviews (3,133)

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed here a number of times usually mid week.Good location for my purposes with a good breakfast although rooms can be variable depending upon which floor and which side of the building you are on.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that we suit your needs when visiting Manchester and trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon. If you do have a room type preference or prefer to have a bedroom on a specific side of the building, please do request at the time of booking and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Good functional hotel right in the middle of Manchester

You'll either love or hate the architecture but a view from the 11th floor over Piccadilly Gardens was lovely

Room Tip: If you like views ask for high floors
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us; it is really appreciated.

I trust that on a future visit to Manchester, we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I have been travelling to Manchester on a regular basis for 25 years and i found my recent stay in the Mercure as good as any i have had in that period. Fantastic location and the rooms very large and clean.I had a view of Picadilly gardens and found it not noisy as other reviewers did. Breakfast was superb and the staff very friendly.The only downside was that the bar,which is wonderfully decorated and classy,was very very expensive.£18 for 1 vodka and 1 Brandy really needs to be looked at and adressed.However i will have no hesitation making the Mercure my base from now on when i,m in Manchester.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room with city view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Guest

It goes without saying that I was thrilled to read your review and that you will have no hesitation in making the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly your base for future visits to Manchester. I have noted your comment regarding our beverage prices and I will certainly share your feedback with our Central Food & Beverage Development Team in readiness for when they next review our food and beverage offering and pricing.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a good all round hotel in a great location. Close to train station and next to shopping streets.
Staff were really friendly, bar was popular with plenty of screens for those who wanted to watch the football, bar prices were good for a hotel.
Room was grand, better than most.
Breakfast was busy but service was quick.
Will use again

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rftu
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you choose to stay with us and I am glad that our location and facillities were to your satisfaction and that you found the team really friendly.

Glad to hear tht you will visit us again and with this in mind, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Lets start by saying that I am extremely fussy. Like most people, I always look on trip advisor before I commit to a booking. I think most people do the same! To be honest, I did not know what to expect when I arrived at this hotel. Yes, I got a good deal at £165 for two nights, inc breakfast. However, I do expect value for money.

From the minute I got to the hotel, right through to my check-out, the staff were only too pleased to help. Yes, the breakfast area was busy, but well worth the wait! The food was excellent! Rooms very also excellent....one minor prob (not worth mentioning details here) which was promptly sorted! Excellent location, excellent parking facilities. If you don't want to be in a central location, then don't book this. If you do, don't come on here and complain about tram noise...remember, there is something of a compromise.

I will definitely be coming back for the following reasons:

Customer Service - Excellent
Rooms - Excellent
Location - Excellent

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher K

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased to be able to share with the team such great feedback.

I trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had a room on the rear of the building. Great view of Manchester anf the Beetham Tower.
Luxury room on 5th floor fabulous.However walls are thin and we could hear the guys talking in the adjacent room.
No iron, no trouser press and no fridge, the hotel should have these at least in the better rooms.
Check in and checkout were very easy and hotel is good value.
Great location

Hving had rooms on both sides of the hotel I prefer the ones that do not overlook Piccadilly Gardens

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for placing your review on Tripadvisor.

An iron and trouser press should be available in all our bedrooms. However, on occasions, you do come across units that are faulty or broken and therefore they need to be removed. They will always be replaced but I am only too sorry your room was without this facility at the time of your stay. Fridges unfortunately are not a brand standard for our bedrooms.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from the adjacent room, however, was pleased to hear that you found check in and check out easy, the hotel to be in a great location and good value.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and if this is the case, at the point of booking, if you specify your preference for a room that does not overlook Piccadilly Gardens, we would be more than happy to adhere to your request.

Thanks again.
David Daly

# I will review with my Property Manager which rooms are currently without and action will be taken to
My Property MangerowseI will review with my Property Manager which rooms are currently without can only think that this facility in the bedroom you occupied Having addressed this matter with my Property Manager, those bedrooms currently without are due to be installed with replacements are due to be I am sorry leased to report that , I am aware, however, that a number were sent off to be repaired but thsoey