Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
US$138
US$125
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$127
US$98
  • Free Internet
3,243 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againdouble roomfantastic locationsaturday nightstayed here for one nightarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Great location to explore Manchester, close to transport. Service was very good except at breakfast where it took forever to get a cup of coffee. Food in the function room was superb.
Rooms very small, double bed not queen. lifts very slow in peak times, waited about 15mins.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel following your stay with us; it really is appreciated. I do hope that on your future travels, when perhaps a Manchester visit is on your itinerary, you may consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is the best located hotel to discover Manchester. Within walking distance from Piccadily station and the shopping malls. The room is just fine, there is free internet in public areas.
The only thing that we found a bit below Mercure standards was the condition of the room. Although it seemed to be refurnished recently, the walls and floor do not give a clean impression. There are spots on strange places. I think I don`t want to know what happened in this room...
There are some great restaurants and pubs nearby (if you decide not to eat or drink in the hotel, we would recommend Missoula right across the street, a really nice pub/cocktail bar).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor. Guest feedback helps us enormously to monitor performance and maintain standards. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that on a future visit to Manchester you may consider visiting us again.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed here ahead of an early flight from Manchester Airport. It's not a particularly distinctive hotel - and I would echo the comments about the front entrance being hard to find. The hotel is the upper floors of the block and there is only a narrow entrance hallway leading to a lift up to the reception. However, the rooms were clean and didn't feel particularly cramped by UK standards, and the staff were conspicuously friendly and helpful. There isn't any street noise - partly because of the height and partly because the windows are pretty well insulated but there is some leakage from adjoining rooms, especially if the neighbours have the TV turned up. I left before breakfast but I would certainly put this on my list of reasonable places to stay in the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Guest

I was sorry to hear that initially you had difficulty finding us but was pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay once here. We are aware that noise transfer from adjoining bedrooms we be an issue on occasions and we are currently looking at ways to try to resolve this matter.

Many thanks for your feedback and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I had a pleasant stay. The room was clean with a lovely view, (twelfth floor), overlooking Piccadilly Gardens an amazing view of a vibrant part of the city.
The room was clean, comfy and relaxing. Other reviews have mentioned noise from other adjacent rooms, it is a hotel not a library and the noise was not loud.
The windows could do with some modernisation as they were quite dated and I couldn't get any fresh air in as the window wasn't designed to open, (I like my fresh air as opposed to air-conditioning).
From the outside it looks like it could do with a bit of updating - however the inside is very nice.
I wish the website would have stated in clearer terms how easy it is to get from the mainline stations. The tram stop is almost outside the front door with trams every 30 seconds to Victoria and Piccadilly and I wasted money on a taxi when I didn't need to.
I was a bit concerned about the fact that the ground floor access did not seem to be manned by a member of staff, or at least I never saw anybody there. The reception is on the 2nd floor and anyone can just walk in the lobby from a very busy street and ride the lifts to any floor unchallenged and wander the upper floors at will.
There did seem to be a concierge desk but I never saw anybody there.
The staff were all very pleasant and a credit to the hotel. The food was delicious - especially the breakfast, however, the dinner portions were disappointingly small and I was still hungry after eating.
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others (as long as you don't have a big appetite).

Room Tip: The higher up you are and facing Piccadilly Gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us; it really is appreciated.

I was pleased to hear that you had a plesant stay with us and having noted your comment re clearer directions to and from the main stations to the Hotel, I will certainly review our website content to ensure they are providing our guests with as much detail as possible.

Happy to hear that you would recommend us to others and I do hope that we may have the opportunity too of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2012