3,433 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againstayed here for one nightdouble roomsaturday nightfantastic locationarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The room was cosy and very welcoming : ) I did get a very good bargain and i stayed on a saturday night which was even better!
The staff where lovely and very helpful which made the stay that little bit nicer.
All in all i would highly recommend this hotel and will definately consider staying again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear guest

Many thanks for your kind review following your stay with us on Saturday night. Thanks too for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

In my opinion, my room was as good as a 4* hotel. I didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. I had a couple of queries late at night and the staff were very helpful. Better lighting in the room would have been appreciated, especially over the mirror(s) - but I find this a problem in most hotels, no matter how luxurious.

Room Tip: Good views from higher floors
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Guest

We do really appreciate guests taking the time to feedback their experience of the hotel and I thank you for taking the time to do so. I do hope on a future visit to Manchester, we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and at that time, I hope that you may have the opportunity to experience breakfast too.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed one night and was impressed with:

Location- 2 mins walk from Piccadilly Rail Station Clean rooms and comfy bed Breakfast Staff attitude Value for money. View from 11th floor View from Resturant Would stay again and above others in the area for price range.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow Tripadvisor viewers.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed for 3 nights for a city break and booked through last minute. The hotel was really nice and staff very friendly. Room was fairly small but what you expect for middle of the city. However, the expensive was ridcuslously expensive £15 a night! Which mean we had to pretty much pay an extra cost I one night just to park the car. I understand that it is the city centre but surely there should be some kind of compensation/discount if you are staying in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Hotel following your three night stay with us. As a prime city centre hotel, we are extremely lucky to have our own on site car park which many of our guests do comment on as being of great benefit, as it is secure and has the convenience of being only steps away from our front door. A parking charge has always been in operation at the hotel and when comparing our price with the local NCP car parks in the surrounding area, who charge £24.00 per overnight stay, then we believe our charge compares extremely favourably.

Many thanks once again for your review and on a future visit to Manchester, I do hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Me and my partner stayed on a saturday night. The location was amazing, right on Piccadilly Gardens, therefore right next to the tram station and just down the road from the Train Station. When we checked in the reception staff were great, very very friendly and were very helpful. It was my partners birthday and we were left a lovely bottle of wine by the customer service manager Jane and had a lovely corner room. The breakfast was beautiful and again the people who worked in the restaurant were on the ball. I would 100% stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post your review of the Hotel following your stay with us; it really is appreciated. It was a delight to receive such positive feedback regarding your whole stay and it was pleasing to hear that we played some part in your partner’s birthday celebration.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.