“Great value”

Ranked #64 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
lancashire
“Great value”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed for 1 night in room 935, and were generally very impressed for the price we paid. Our room had the usual bits and pieces- iron, hairdryer etc and the bed was big and really comfy. Shame there wasn't much of a view. even if there was, our window steamed up when we had a shower so we couldn't see out anyway. The buffet breakfast was very tasty and well cooked (£7.50 pp). ost of the staff were cheerful and polite except for one waitress who had a face like thunder when I asked for some butter for my toast. She must have had a bad morning LOL. The location of the hotel is really handy for local pubs and restaurants. if you need transport there is a bus and tram terminal outside and loads of taxis. The only thing that let the hotel down was a leak under our bathroom sink. We were told by the plumber that we might need to change rooms. Luckily we didn't. Overall, the standard of this hotel was very good and I will be using it again. :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your time with us, so much so you will visit us again. In the meantime, pleaae be assured your constructive feedback will be taken forward.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

David Daly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Great location right in the centre Of Manchester with car parking (chargeable at £15 per night) shops, restaurants and bars on your doorstep. The welcome on checking in was very friendly and a street map given to help with directions. Our room on the 11th floor overlooked Piccadilly Gardens but unfortunately due to the old metal windows and then the secondary double glazing we could not see a thing due to the heavy condensation that formed in the cavity, this damp was there when we arrived and 2 days later no sign of clearing. These windows did not open at all but had an air vent running the width of the hotel, sound from nearby bedrooms was quite audible. The room although a little on the on the small side was clean but the bathroom was tired and in need of an update. Full marks to the housekeeping and also to the breakfast, which was good and the staff efficient and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 360macann
Dear Guest

Guest feedback is extremely important to us and I therefore thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hotel.

Many guests do indeed comment that our location couldn't be better in terms of getting out and about to see what Manchester has to offer and having our own onsite car park which is only steps away from our front door is also of great benefit. Thank you for your kind comments regarding housekeeping and breakfast, which I will take the opportunity to share.

I do hope on a future visit to Manchester you may consider visiting us again and with this in mind, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I spent two nights at the Mercure Piccadilly in December between Christmas and New Year. The reception staff at check in were very helpful and efficient and the room was very comfortable, modern and clean with everything I needed. On my second night we asked at reception for information on comedy clubs and the lady there was very helpful (I think she was called Zuzanna) looking for information online for us and making suggestions. The only negative thing about my stay was that breakfast finished at 9.30am! Far too early during the holiday season. I understand that occupancy may have been low but if they couldn't offer the normal service then perhaps starting and ending later than normal rather than earlier would have been better for the guests. I certainly didn't make it down to breakfast. I would also suggest that the hotel adds a keycard security system to the lifts - as reception is not on the ground floor there is no control over who can reach the rooms. Excellent value for money hotel though.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us between Christmas and New Year.

I was pleased to hear that Zuzanna on reception was able to assist with suggestions and point you in the right direction regarding Comedy Club information. Whilst we did restrict our opening and closing times over the Xmas/New Year period due to low occupancy levels in the hotel, we are always open for guest feedback and I thank you for your feedback that you would have preferred that we opened breakfast later and finished later. We will certainly take this into consideration when we look at our opening/closing times again later this year.

Many thanks for your constructive feedback and I do hope that sometime in the future, we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Glasgow
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We booked into this hotel as we were attending the Joe Longthorne Party - and to be honest,it was a disappointment. A good vet could have brought the beef back to life and the concert was disrupted by staff constantly walking back and forth. But to be honest, I felt that the fault for this lay with the organiser who didn't allow enough time for the meal, the raffle, the unfunny comedian and the main attraction, not the hotel staff.

Now for the hotel! You are bang in the middle of Manchester, close to the shops, theatres, bus station, public transport, etc. As I travel with my mum who is frail, this is always a selling point for me. The hotel room was clean, had adequate space and everything that you could need, tv, kettle, iron, hairdryer etc. The room isn't as big as some Mercure hotels I've stayed in, but it was perfectly acceptable. When we felt that the room was too cold for our liking, staff were quick to respond, tried to fix the problem and gave us an additional heater.

In contrast to our meal at the Party Night, the breakfasts were lovely. The breakfast staff were attentive, making us feel very welcome.

If I return to see Wicked, I would definitely consider booking this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor with views over Manchester - I liked this!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review. I was sorry to hear that you were disappointed with New Year's Eve; your feedback has been duly noted.

It was, however, pleasing to hear that the remainder of your stay was to your satisfaction and that you found our location spot on for your needs. I do hope therefore that if you do have the opportunity to see Wicked, that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

Firstly I got a great deal on price which dictates most reviews, so value for money was without doubt up there. Rooms and publics spotless. Reception and breakfast staff very friendly and efficient. Reception tried to upsell, which was not a surprise, as I got good deal. 2 ladies in breakfast room brightened my day Doris and another lady. Car parking is secure and charged at £15.00 overnight. Don't mind paying that.

We were in room 625 and fans were noisy outside windows. Room was clean and modern.

Great value, nice staff, great location. We will return.

• Stayed January 2013
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel. I was pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and in particular, it was nice to hear that Doris and another lady at Breakfast brightened your day. I will certainly take the opportunity to share your kind feedback with them, it will make their day.

Thanks again and I hope it won’t be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

yorkshire
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed here for one night on New Years Eve. The hotel is in an excellent location in the centre. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed one of the most comfortable I've slept in in a hotel. We were checked in and out very quickly and found the staff very helpful. We were on floor 10 so had a good view over Manchester. Considering the central location, we didn't hear any noise from outside. The only downside was our room was opposite the lifts which did disturb us, particularly early in the morning when everyone was going for breakfast. However, I did feed this back on a survey and had really quick response back from the manager which I didn't expect which further shows the high level of customer service offered at this hotel. Would definitely stay here again when overnight in Manchester.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear Guest

Guest feedback is extremely important to us and I thank you for taking the time to post your review and also for completing, following your stay, our survey.

As previously communicated, I confirm that I have noted on your profile your preference to be allocated a room away from the lifts on a future stay.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.