“Great Location”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #72 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Great location and ok hotel. Stayed in many better and indeed many worse mercure hotels but on the grand scale it's not bad.

Staff friendly. Comfortable beds. Basic bathroom if not a bit dated. But it's fine for what you need.

Avoided breakfast from a previous bad experience and just go to a local cafe for half the price round the corner

No WIFi in rooms on 12th floor. Available in the lobby Etc and public areas but there's a plug in cable for your laptop. Hmm no comments!

Quick check in and I will be back again.

• Stayed: January 2013
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review. Glad to hear that you found our location spot on and that you'll return at some point in the future. At that time, we should be up and running with WIFI throughout the whole hotel, including in the bedrooms. It would be good also to have the opportunity to restore your faith in us following a previous poor breakfast experience; I hope you do give us that chance.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Have stayed several times, and thought that on our latest stay that they had upped their game for the better. Staff were very helpful and amusing, nice to be served by someone that sounds happy, rather than a robotic staff member.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank overnighters_11
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for your review. It is always pleasing to receive such feedback and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this occasion.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Stayed in December 2012 for 2 nights. Reception on the day I booked in could do with some training in talking to customers, seemed very pre-occupied as if it was an effort to book me in. Have stayed here many times before and rooms are a good size and clean with all the normal things you would expect. Dined in the restaurant on the first night and had a bar meal. I was quite surprised that I was charged a 10% service charge before I had my meal. I was told that it was because it was after 7pm! The meal was only average and the service was poor why would I want to give a gratuity? There are plenty of good restaurants that are close by and chinatown is only a 2 min walk away. The hotel is in a good location Ideal for shopping. Parking is £15.00 per night. I did have a good sleep so not all negative.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank awayalottoomuch
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay with us back in December. I was disappointed to read your feedback regarding your welcome on arrival and your experience in the Restaurant; please accept my apologies. Your feedback will be addressed accordingly. In addition, we do embrace Mercure's customer service programme 'Passion for Service' and regularly role out training sessions to the whole team. With this in mind, I will take the opportunity to use your feedback as an example of how such behaviour can impact on a guest's stay.

On a positive note, I am glad that our location works well for you and the hotel meet your needs. As you have stayed with us many times before, I do hope that your experience on this occasion will not deter you from visiting us again.

Many thanks once again for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

What must be a new record for me, had to wait 23 minutes in line to check in at around 18:30. Only 2 members of staff at the desk. Surely at this time when many business guests would arrive, there would more staff on. 9 people in front of me, and by the time i had finished the checkin, about 7 behind me. Colleagues who had checked in an hour earlier also commented on lengthy waits. A standard "sorry about the wait" just does not do in this instance.

Possibly an isolated incident, unprescedented influx of guests etc (I hope for their sake).

Other than that, nice rooms, good bed, but rather poor sound proofing. Could hear every word of next doors discussion in the morning. Did not affect my sleep as the many very good bars in the nearby viscinity ensured a deep sleep. Hope my snoring did not keep anyone up :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. Firstly, please be assured that we do rota our reception team in line with business needs. I am, however, aware of the evening in question and with one team member down and an influx of guests arriving at the same time, this did unfortunately result in delays at check in, for which I apologise. The reception team on duty did their utmost to check guests into the Hotel as quickly as possible and apologised for the wait time a number of guests experienced.

On a positive note, I was pleased to hear that you were pleased with your room and had a good night's sleep, albeit you were aware of nosie transfer on this occasion.

I do sincerely hope that the incident at check in has not premanently marred your opinion of us and that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stayed here for a Man U match in December 2012.It was Xmas party season and both nights we stayed there was christmas parties.This put a lot of pressure on the 3 lifts. Check in quick and efficient. Staff lovely. A lot of noise from other rooms I had to wear ear plugs to sleep.Key for room had to be keyed 3 times. We ate in the restaurant both nights. Lovely. Tram right outside the hotel. This hotel is perfect for shopping and there is a huge Primark at the corner of the street

Room Tip: Choose a room high up that is quiet and if there is a function on ask to be put in a room away from...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Manchester.

Regards

Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in january. Our flght arrived at 7.30am. We just wanted to leave our bag in until we checked in but the receptionist said our room was ready and we could check in then. She was really lovely. Rooms are abit on the small side but nice all the same. Location is fantastic everything nearby. Would definatly stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting your review following your stay with us; it really is appreciated. I was pleased to hear that on this occasion we were able to accommodate an early check in for you, and that you found our location too to be spot on in terms of accessibility to explore all that Manchester has to offer.

On your next trip to Manchester, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We arrived to find the hotel, friendly, clean and in a very good position to all ammenties. It was my birthday weekend and we had a fab time going on the underground tour (well worth the time) and hit the town in the evening. The breakfast i must say was definately 10/10, nothing was to much trouble for the staff and the Maitre de Isabelle very accommodating. I will definately stay here again.

Sharron

Room Tip: Very handy if you wish to go on canal street or china town
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sharon

Guest feedback is extremely important to us and I therefore thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel. It was pleasing to hear that you had an excellent stay and your kind feedback regarding Isabel at breakfast, will certainly give me great pleasure to share.

I do hope it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

David Daly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
ABode Manchester
ABode Manchester
#23 of 120 in Manchester

Been to Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel? Share your experiences!