Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Hilton
US$73
US$53
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$127
US$98
  • Free Internet
3,243 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againdouble roomfantastic locationsaturday nightstayed here for one nightarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Got a last minute deal for one night at the Mercure. The room and bathroom were very clean, had all the 4* trimmings coffee tea, shampoo, iron hairdryer, tv etc.. Location is great with our 11th floor room over looking Piccadilli gardens.Check in staff were efficient. It has its own car park which was apparently £15 per night. Couldnt fault it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review following your stay with us; it really is appreciated.

I do hope that on a future visit to Manchester, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have stayed at several Mercure Hotels, and I am sorry to stay this hotel was not up to the standard of the ones I have stayed at before. Possibly because it has been converted from a Ramada hotel. It is still a good hotel though and I would stay here again.

The hotel is very convenient for central Manchester. Its just a few steps from Piccadilly
Gardens. We only dealt with staff when checking in and out, but they were very friendly.

The room was fine, a little small but we were not in the room awake much. All you would expect in the bathroom, bedroom, courtesy tray etc. The TV had a a good selection of channels, although E4 was not working. We slept well in the room, with no noise disturbances.

I would criticise a couple of cosmetic things. There was a stain on the ceiling above the bed which they could have done with painting over. Also, we were told that our room on the 12th floor would have a beautiful view, but in reality upon drawing the curtains we found there were 2 windows about 6 inches apart, the outer pane was covered in condensation which you could not see through, and the frame between the two windows was covered in mould and mildew, although I would make the concession it would be difficult to clean. Upon stepping out the shower this morning the mirror had steamed up and we were able to read amorous messages previous guests had written on the bathroom mirror!

Check Trivago before booking this hotel. If we had booked the hotel direct with Accor we would have been talking close to £100 for the night, but having used Trivago a few sites were throwing up prices around £50.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel following your stay with us.

All feedback from whatever means is always used constructively, so I thank you for bringing various matters to my attention. My apologies for the comestic issues you came across, these will be acted upon.

Thanks again and I do hope that we will have the pleasue of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed in the Mercure recently and was impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the food, which for a city business hotel was a cut above the average, though possibly a little expensive.
Breakfast was a nice relaxed affair, although the lady restaurant manager did have an altercation with a female member of staff one morning, in the restaurant, when it should really have taken place behind closed doors.
Position wise, I doubt there is a better hotel in Manchester, the tram station is just outside the hotel so it is easy to get too tourist destinations such as the Science Museum, Media City (BBC's new home and site of the Lowrie Centre and Imperial War Museum) and the football stadiums. All the best shopping seems to be a stones throw from the hotel in places like the Arndale Centre and just 5 minutes walk down the road is Chinatown with plenty of nice looking restaurants.
I was pleasantly surprised by the number of visible policemen, something you don't normally get these days, and to a man (and woman) they all appeared to be in good humour despite the Christmas crowds and the weather.
And that was my only complaint about my 3 day break, the 3 days of rain, but that, I am assured, is par for the course in Manchester!!

Room Tip: Keep away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly.

Regards

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Booked a Thursday and Friday night at the hotel for my partner's birthday. Got a great 50% off rate with LastMinute.com so couldn't fault the price! We arrived mid afternoon to find the hotel car park jammed packed with delegate cars attending a conference until 5pm. This meant parking in the NCP car park for a few hours and moving the car later in the day, overnight price at the hotel car park £15 and managed to get a space eventually. Check in was swift and we were placed on the top 14th floor in an executive double. Although the room was a decent size and clean, can't help feeling slightly disappointed at it being a so called "executive" room. All the usual amenities expected from a 3* chain hotel. Clean bathroom and a comfy bed. Can't fault the comfort of the room just felt a little too business-like for my taste.

We didn't indulge in the breakfast and for room service breakfast we felt £17 was a little steep for a Continental. The hotel's in a perfect location for exploring the city, right on Piccadilly Gardens opposite a range of lovely bars and restaurants. Would highly recommend NYC Grill down the road for a perfect steak!! All in all a recommended hotel but if you prefer a bit of luxury perhaps push the budget and try a 4/5* instead.

• Stayed: January 2013
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting your review following your stay with us to celebrate your partner's birthday, the content of which has been duly noted.

I thank you too for your recommendation and do hope on a future visit to Manchester, we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

My partner and i stayed here last night. we certainly cant complain. We went up for his birthday to watch the football. every thing was super our room, evening meal and breakfast. The staff were great. I paid a little extra for a superior room as an extra treat it was better than we both expected, spacious and light over looking Pccadilly Gardens. Also Great location for all the shops and resturants.

Room Tip: use trivago

Dear Guest

It really is appreciated that you have taken the time to share your kind feedback with your fellow Tripadvisor viewers. I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our location, facilities, service and team members to be excellent.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.