“Good, Clean Hotel and not too expensive”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #75 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed at the Mercure as i was in Manchester for a business trip, got a good rate which helped me justify the cost of an overnight stay, room was clean and tidy with a nice view of the city, all the staff were friendly and polite and the service was excellent. interior, resturant and breakfast where all a good standard and the hotel was centrally located, what more would you need from a hotel not much, i will stay again the next time i visit Manchester

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your recent business trip. I was delighted to hear that on your next visit to Manchester we will be your choice hotel and with this in mind, I hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

David Daly

Write a ReviewReviews (3,181)

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This must be one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We were in Manchester with friends on a budget break. The staff in every area were exceptional, the food and the room just perfect. We couldn't find fault anywhere - only praise. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manchest.

Room Tip: Wherever you go in the hotel you will be very satisfied. We were overlooking the Piccadilly area an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Guest feedback is very important to us and to read your comment that you couldn't find fault anywhere, was indeed a delight to hear. I therefore thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your most positive feedback on Tripadvisor; it really is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 5 days over a 2 week period.
Check in - awful. Greeted by a massive queue. After 25 minutes until being served i was then was told they didnt have my booking! Took another 30 mins to finally get a room. Even though I had my confirmation with me.
Room service - slow, took over an hour. When the food eventually arrived, it was awful. Inedible in fact.
Rooms - paper thin walls. You can hear everything. Damp smell throughout. Unable to open windows to ease the smell.
Outside- beggars outside, everytime you enter\leave you are asked for money. Not nice for a female on her own. It was very intimidating at times.
Bar- i ordered a whiskey and lemonade one night. The bar tender decided to have an "argument" with me over Jack Daniels. I mentioned JD was a burbon and not a whiskey he jumped down my throat!

Had my company not booked this hotel I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. I have advised my company to not use this hotel ever again.

Avoid

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ladydrummer

Dear Guest

It goes without saying that I was extremely disappointed to read your review following your experience of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly whilst staying with us on business over a 2 week period; my apologies that we failed to meet your expectations.

I would like to touch base with you personally to discuss your feedback and therefore if you could spare me the time, I would be grateful.

In the meantime, my apologies once again that we failed to impress on tihs occasion and going forward, I do hope that I may have the opportunity to provide you with a more positive experience.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

In on business, I was coming into Manchester on a late arriving train and leaving the next morning on train to....
I needed a place to sleep that was clean, had wifi, walking distance from the station (but not on top of the station), quiet and walking distance to Albert Square.
I booked Sunday night and paid £42 for a double bed room, with wifi, no breakfast. And it ticked all the boxes.

Easy enough to find and about a 8-10min walk from both the station and Albert Square.
The room was clean, comfortable and offered all the necessary facilities but clearly no luxurious extras. The bed was OK - I hate the pushed together twin bc unless you pile it high with comforters and featherbeds, I can still feel the middle ridge.
I asked for a high floor, with a view, quiet room and away from the elevator. I got all but the last part - which was fine bc there wasn't much traffic.

Would I stay here again? For a night, on business where I need to be in/out and away quickly. Yes.
Would I stay here w my partner for a romantic weekend? No.

The staff were really friendly and I liked that the keycard holder had wifi instructions - which is the most sensible place to have it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel following your stay with us on Sunday night. I was pleased to hear that we ticked all the boxes and do hope on a future visit to the City, we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back again whether it be for business or indeed I hope leisure.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stayed here on Friday 26th April. Met at reception by a most helpful assistant called Davvid. He could not do enough for us. Our room was a suite and was clean, fresh and well decorated. THe breakfast was lovely. Will be staying here again. Cannot complement the hotel and staff enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel following your one night stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you had a great stay but in particular, was extremely pleased to read how impressed you were with the team, David on Reception in particular; it will certainly give me great pleasure to share your kind comments.

Thanks again and I hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Greeted by Joanna and zuzanna at reception could not have asked for staff more nicer after a long journey from London. Food was exceptional which completed a fantastic stay. Will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay when you visited us recently. The welcome you received from Joanna and Zuzanna was also a delight to read and it will certainly give me great pleasure to share your feedback not only with these two young ladies, but with the whole team too.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed here in December to visit the Christmas markets and the imax cinema. Very central hotel, excellent location just next door to Primark/Debenhams and other shops. very friendly staff, warm welcome. nice clean modern rooms with flat screen television, dressing table and mirrors. Lovely modern bathroom. Nice stay overall, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting your review following your stay with us back in December. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found our central location excellent for getting out and about. I was pleased to hear too that you would definitely come and stay with us again and with this in mind, I hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.