“A fabulous room with a view”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #74 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. We stayed for our wedding and had seven rooms booked here for our friends and family. We kept swapping and changing different aspects to our booking but they were always patient with us.

From the moment we arrived, Allen helped us with any queries. We looked in all the rooms from standard, to privilege and then our Manchester Suite – each were great value for money for the sizes. All rooms were wonderfully equipped with a sofa, hair dryer, iron and great views of Manchester plus spotlessly clean.

Our suite was on the top floor with a lounge area, dining table, slippers, robes, free wi-fi, free movies and four-poster bed - it was perfect. Allen even ordered a VIP taxi to could come up to the second level of the hotel so I didn’t need to go down to the street level.

We were entirely impressed with every aspect of this hotel and will look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review. I'm delighted that we were able to play a part in your wedding celebration and was pleased to hear that you were impressed with our facilities and thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

Congratulations once again from the team and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

David Daly

Write a ReviewReviews (3,131)

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very comfortable hotel with well-appointed rooms. The location is superb - only 10 minutes walk from Piccadilly Rail Station. The breakfast in the morning was well cooked and very tasty. Sitting at the bar at night overlooking the square watching the trams was very relaxing and a good way to close off a night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review following your stay with us; it is appreciated. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

There was no adapter available to plug in my laptop that has a European plug. The hotel does not lend them nor do they have some for sale. The advice I got, was to go out and find a store that sells them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that we had no adapters available at reception when you enquired. A new supply of adaptors are currently being sourced and will be available to purchase shortly from our front desk.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was a bit apprehensive about this hotel as I got it for a very reasonable price but overall I was more than satisfied with it. When we arrived there was quite a queue at reception but this was due to a large party arriving in front of us and the reception staff managed to check us in very quickly with minimum fuss. The room was on the 10th floor and had a nice view of the city centre; it was clean, well maintained and comfortable. The bathroom was perfect; a good size, spotlessly clean and a nice powerful shower. Only one small complaint - the walls are definitely thin. When we first got into the room we could hear a bit of noise from next door but when we got back from our night out it was all quiet. Either or neighbours had had an early night or they'd stayed out later than us. Breakfast was also very good and the service was fantastic throughout.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the city centre
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us; it is appreciated.

On a future visit to Manchester, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The rooms in the Mercure Manchester are exactly as you would expect, smart, modern and clean. I requested that we have as high a room as possible, and we were put on the highest floor, floor 14. This was very nice of the staff and helped to make our visit seem special. The only disadvantage with being in a room overlooking Picadilly Gardens was that the trams are fairly noisy.. just something to bear in mind.

Breakfast can be recommended, especially because of the reasonable rates on a Saturday and Sunday. The buffet has great selection, and views from the breakfast room on floor three are amazing.
An overall great stay, would definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Guest feedback is very important to us and I thank you therefore for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with your fellow Tripadvisor viewers.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

First impressions were good, very nice entrance, reception and bar. Very friendly staff and delicious breakfasts.
However, my room was a let down, I could cope with it being tired but it was the noise. The walls were paper thin, I could her everything my neighbour said on her phone. The music in the room the other side sounded like it was turned up loud in my room, not even through a wall.
The bar prices varied throughout the night for the same drink, from 80p to £2.20! It seems no one could decide how much to charge me for a pint of blackcurrant and soda.
My room was replenished to a different standard everyday, from the number of towels to coffee to shower gel. If something is finished a new one should be put there the next day?
I could only order room service breakfast one day as I was only left one order form and when I did order it my porridge was forgotten DMSO I had yogurt and a Danish.
I am staying in a much cheaper hotel next week which has come highly recommended so I will wait and see what another week brings. I was so disappointed as this hotel sounded so nice, but I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. I didn't ask to change rooms as my colleagues on other floors had the same issues.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive review. I was sorry to hear that you had disturbed sleep due to noise transfer. We are aware of this issue in a number of our bedrooms and we are continuing to look at ways to resolve this. I am sorry that this matter in particular has led you to stay elsewhere on your next visit to Manchester. I do hope going forward that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again and restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Not too sure what the last few reviewers are on about. I stayed here for three very intensive work days and couldn't fault the staff. From the receptionists, to the bar staff to the cleaners they were friendly and helpful. As a TV person I had various strange requests (like needing a quiet room to record my voice in after I had checked out), they bent over backwards to accommodate me. There is free WIFI throughout the hotel which works and if you need it faster you can pay extra. The food in the bar area is very good, breakfasts were good too. The rooms are comfortable but despite being a decent size, there isn't much workspace (there was more in a Travelodge that I stayed in the previous week) and the bathroom felt a little tired. But these are small points, it was a very good place to stay and I'll happily return here again.

On the allegations of stealing made in an earlier review : I had about three grands worth of technical kit in my room and left the safe open with my wallet inside it. Nothing went.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Guest

Guest feedack such as yours is extremely important to us and it is therefore very much appreciated that you have taken the time to share your experience of our Hotel following your stay with us.

On a future visit to the City, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.