3,429 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againstayed here for one nightdouble roomsaturday nightfantastic locationarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
Reviewed 22 January 2014

the hotel I stayed at has always been satisfactorily but this time very disappointed they did not offer me credit to charge to my room in fact they wanted money upfront they usually when I go to a quality hotel You expect this service, having paid upfront they supplied me with a crappy black-and-white photocopy receipt that looked very cheap and not professional, also you get ripped off on the parking of £14 for a night, and they do offer a 10% with their loyalty card off the hotel this does not work it is crap, I do feel that this hotel is gunned down banks since they have been taken over

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay with us, the content of which has been duly noted. I was sorry to hear that on this occasion we did not fully meet your expectations.

Credit facilities should be offered to all our guests on the basis of the guest providing a swipe of a credit card on arrival and authorisation to a value, dependant on length of stay. I am sorry if this was not afforded to you. For guests who book on a pre-paid rate, we are more than happy to provide a receipt, which is generated from our reservation system and therefore I am at a loss to explain why it looked cheap and unprofessional.

As a prime city centre hotel, we are extremely lucky to have our own car park which is secure and as you know only steps away from our front door. A charge has always been in operation at the hotel and this is publicised. We do compare our charge regularly with car parks in our immediate vicinity and when you take in account that they charge £24-£26 per overnight stay, then our charge of £15.00 compares very favourably.

As a result of your comment, I have discussed the issues that you appear to have encountered with the 10% loyalty card with the team.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope that at some point in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel Saturday 18th January for a family birthday. The rooms were spacious & clean-liked the Nespresso machine.Service in the bar area excellent with great views over Piccadilly Gardens & breakfast Sunday morning has to be the best in Manchester with a good choice of healthy options & cooked breakfast.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank collinson729
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to play a small part in your family's birthday celebration on Saturday 18th January. Guest feedback is extremely important to us and therefore I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of looking after you again very soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here for a weekend in Manchester. The hotel is pleasant enough, and it's quite a good location. Our room was not made up one morning, and we could not see out of the windows because of persistent condensation on the outer pane of glass. The staff were friendly, although there was little they could do to assist in either of these matters.

Room Tip: Not near the lift.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam R

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your weekend stay with us.

At this time of year, when the temperature falls away, we are aware that condensation can be an issue in some of our bedrooms. As such, we are looking at ways to resolve this matter. I was however pleased to hear that you found our location favourable and the team friendly and with this in mind, I do hope that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here on business in January 2014. Average bedrooms, quite small but did the job. Bathrooms a little tired and could do with refitting. Staff helpful but always not enough staff on the reception desk or concierge desk especially at peak times. End up waiting in long queues to be served. Lifts very slow. Car parking limited as small so be aware that you may need to park elsewhere. Good central location, handy for the train station at Piccadilly and easy 5 minutes stroll to get to it. Food ok and views from the restaurant lovely as you can see across Manchester.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lindsey_singleton

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your business trip; it is appreciated. On a future trip to Manchester, I do hope that we may have the opportunity to look after you again.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights for my 20th birthday. I have stayed in lots of different hotels in Manchester and this is my worst. It is over priced for what we got. The room was very clean but also very small with little storage. The bathroom was modern however. The window opened onto another windowsill which was mouldy and smelt horrible. We couldn't even see out of the window anyway. As we were trying to watch TV the bed rolled forward, making us fall down the back of the bed, we had a good giggle about this anyway. We didn't order any food from the hotel as it was extremely expensive. Overall it's price doesn't match the service, I have had much better hotel rooms and stays in Manchester for the same price. Was disappointed if I'm honest and wish I'd stayed somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to hear that we failed to impress you on this occasion, so much so your opinion of us has now been marred; please accept my apologies. Although I appreciate your disappointment on this occasion, I would hope that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in us.