3,433 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againstayed here for one nightdouble roomsaturday nightfantastic locationarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The 'twin room' was two large singles still pushed together and I would describe as a double. The room was so small my sister and I had to lift our cases over the end of the bed to put them in the only floor space available. There was mould on the inside of the outer window. The TV channels were like something out of the 80's. There was no fan in the ensuite so everything misted up. The safe wasn't big enough to store a laptop. The layout of the hotel is bizarre and meant constant use of lifts which seemed to be always full.
However, the staff were helpful, friendly and courteous. And the breakfast room in the third floor bar was a delight. The food and service in there was very good. I would not stay again nor would I recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest

I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations to the full. It would appear that you were allocated one of our zip and link bedrooms, which in turn means that we can utilise these rooms as either a twin or double based on room type requirements in line with business needs. We do have varying room types at the Hotel and for guests who may wish for a more spacious feel, our prvilege and superior rooms are extremely popular. Our TV channel offering comprises of the full free-view selection which is complimentary, with movies on demand (payable). All our hotel bedrooms are equipped with laptop safes and to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time we have received a comment that a laptop could not fit inside.

On a positive note, I was pleased to hear your kind comments regarding the team and of your breakfast experience.

Although I can see at this moment in time you have no wish to return, I do hope sometime in the future you may have a change of heart and that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore confidence in us.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I absolutely loved my stay at this Hotel and will definitely recommend and book again the next time I am in Manchester. Such a great location right in the center of the city and within a 5-15 minute walk of all major monuments and tourist attractions as well as shops and restaurants. Staff we're very friendly and efficient upon my check in and check out.

Upon booking, I had mentioned wanting an upper level room preferably with a view and was placed on the 14th floor! The room itself was huge in comparison to some of the other hotels I've stayed in. Loved the fact that housekeeping went above and beyond with the daily upkeep. The bed was comfy, had no issues getting a good nights rest! Bathroom was massive and I loved that among my toiletries was tissues! Definitely came in handy!

I had no issues with noises from my neighbors and I was right across the hall from the lifts, and have no noise complaints about that either. The only problems I had were that the window had like a double exterior window that was a bit dingy and dirty and I think the trapped moisture in between the two was making the room smell a little funny. I just purchased some air freshening spray from one of the nearby shops and after spraying the room down I didn't have a problem for the rest of the weekend. The other issue I had was the bathroom and the water from the shower smelt very strongly of chlorine, it didn't bother me much but I understand that this could be an issue for other guests.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room, lovely view of the city and Piccadilly Gardens!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank xoxomisstoun
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your most constructive review following your weekend stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Attended the Mercure for a 2 week course from work. As the course was being held just around the corner the hotel location was perfect. My stay revolved around two spells of Sunday evening to Thursday evening.

From check in to check out the service was very good, all staff were very friendly & helpful but special mention to the bar/restaurant staff whom I saw regularly & they couldn't do enough to help myself & colleagues. Special mention to Paul, Lucasz & Mark, thanks for your friendly service & well done lads, but don't mention the football situation to Paul ! Breakfast was the standard buffet service & evening meals (which you can eat in restaurant or the bar area) were superb & good value for money.

Rooms were made up and cleaned daily in impeccable standard but the rooms were rather small but having only needing to sleep & shower there it wasn't an issue.

The only down side would be the noise from outside the hotel (in Piccadilly Square) during the evening as rooms don't appear sound proof. The trams are chugging away very early but it did help as some form of alarm clock. Oh and you can hear the lifts clunking away if your room is situated close to the lift doors.

Would definitely stay here again if I needed to be in the Piccadilly area.

Room Tip: Try to request a room away from the lifts as you can hear the lifts chugging away.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us whilst attending a two week course with work; it really is appreciated. Your kind comments will be shared with the whole team, with special mention to Paul, Lucasz and Mark, who I know will be equally as delighted as I was to read them.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked this hotel for a week end in Manchester and found it to be a really good location for some nice restaurants, the Metro and the shops. The check-in staff were really friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. For a central Manchester hotel we found this hotel to be really good value and I would definitely return if I visited Manchester again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your weekend stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and you found our location to be spot on for your needs. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again as and when you have future plans to visit Manchester.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed at the Mercure because I was attending a works Christmas party. I checked in mid - afternoon and there was a short queue, but I didn't wait longer than 4 or 5 minutes.
The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. At check out the receptionist asked if I'd enjoyed my stay and addressed me by name which added a very nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post your review; it really is appreciated that you have taken the time to do so.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us whilst attending your work's Christmas party and of the personal touch too when you checked out.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcome you back again very soon.