3,436 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againstayed here for one nightdouble roomsaturday nightfantastic locationarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Arrived quite late. Receptionist really welcoming and efficient, thank you.Given a high room so traffic noise minimal
Room fine if a tad outdated. Bathroom good with loads of hot water. Maid service brill too.
Walls paper thin. Kept awake all night by energetic and vocal couple in next room. Staff aware of this next morning so guess its a regular occurrence (shame I wasn't warned beforehand).
Being a single female traveller, I prefer not to have to eat in the restaurant and expect hotels of this standard to provide a good variety of food in their room service (most do these days). Sadly this isn't the case unless you want chips, bread, pizza or pasta. If you're watching your weight you have to go to the restaurant to enjoy the salads on offer. Rather than do this, I bought M&S salads from around the corner each evening meaning a loss of revenue for hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JulieJessup
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your constructive review following your stay with us; your feedback has been duly noted. On a future visit to the City, I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back and allow us to provide you with an overall positive experience.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel during my trip to Old Trafford and the location is perfect. The only downside that the rooms are slightly tired, half of my channels on the TV didnt work and neither did the towel rail in the bathroom (seems like it was broken for a wile) heating was working but even setting the temperature to 30C would only give you 23. If you open the window you will get a breeze of mouldy dampness from between the windows which clearly haven't been looked after. The beds are comfy and the rooms are clean but overall the hotel could do with a facelift. Would stay again as the value was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PlainCool
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your visit . Your feedback has been duly noted and will be acted upon; my apologies for the issues you encountered on this occasion. Indeed our central location is extremely popular with our guests, due to the ease of getting out and about to explore and visit all the attractions that Manchester has to offer. I do hope on a future visit to the City, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Great location, between Picadilly station and the Arndale. Close to the top end of Deansgate.

The restaurant was superb with great views. The hotel was Clean and the rooms are modern. Got to say though, the best thing is the staff. They were all so friendly. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular to hear that the team shone out, was indeed pleasing to hear and will be shared with them all. Thank you too for your recommendation and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again too very soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The 'twin room' was two large singles still pushed together and I would describe as a double. The room was so small my sister and I had to lift our cases over the end of the bed to put them in the only floor space available. There was mould on the inside of the outer window. The TV channels were like something out of the 80's. There was no fan in the ensuite so everything misted up. The safe wasn't big enough to store a laptop. The layout of the hotel is bizarre and meant constant use of lifts which seemed to be always full.
However, the staff were helpful, friendly and courteous. And the breakfast room in the third floor bar was a delight. The food and service in there was very good. I would not stay again nor would I recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations to the full. It would appear that you were allocated one of our zip and link bedrooms, which in turn means that we can utilise these rooms as either a twin or double based on room type requirements in line with business needs. We do have varying room types at the Hotel and for guests who may wish for a more spacious feel, our prvilege and superior rooms are extremely popular. Our TV channel offering comprises of the full free-view selection which is complimentary, with movies on demand (payable). All our hotel bedrooms are equipped with laptop safes and to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time we have received a comment that a laptop could not fit inside.

On a positive note, I was pleased to hear your kind comments regarding the team and of your breakfast experience.

Although I can see at this moment in time you have no wish to return, I do hope sometime in the future you may have a change of heart and that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore confidence in us.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I absolutely loved my stay at this Hotel and will definitely recommend and book again the next time I am in Manchester. Such a great location right in the center of the city and within a 5-15 minute walk of all major monuments and tourist attractions as well as shops and restaurants. Staff we're very friendly and efficient upon my check in and check out.

Upon booking, I had mentioned wanting an upper level room preferably with a view and was placed on the 14th floor! The room itself was huge in comparison to some of the other hotels I've stayed in. Loved the fact that housekeeping went above and beyond with the daily upkeep. The bed was comfy, had no issues getting a good nights rest! Bathroom was massive and I loved that among my toiletries was tissues! Definitely came in handy!

I had no issues with noises from my neighbors and I was right across the hall from the lifts, and have no noise complaints about that either. The only problems I had were that the window had like a double exterior window that was a bit dingy and dirty and I think the trapped moisture in between the two was making the room smell a little funny. I just purchased some air freshening spray from one of the nearby shops and after spraying the room down I didn't have a problem for the rest of the weekend. The other issue I had was the bathroom and the water from the shower smelt very strongly of chlorine, it didn't bother me much but I understand that this could be an issue for other guests.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room, lovely view of the city and Piccadilly Gardens!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank xoxomisstoun
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your most constructive review following your weekend stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.