3,553 results
All reviews piccadilly gardens central location tram stop stayed here for one night would stay again saturday night double room fantastic location arndale centre good nights sleep chinatown hairdryer iron ncp concert arena
Reviewed 3 February 2014

From the moment we checked in the staff were nothing but lovely and friendly asking did we sleep well, did we go shopping etc. The double room was a good size and lives up to the pictures on the internet, comfy bed although be careful when first sitting on the bed it moves as on wheels but didn't cause any problems. Tea and coffee available however more coffee and more milk needs to be left 4 little milk for 2 people leaving one cup each in 24hrs. Bathroom very spacious and clean good supply of towels. Wardrobe spacious and had plenty of hangers for your clothes. There is a very small safe in the room don't know what you could fit in there its that small. But no information in the room in how to use the: safe, heating system, tv etc. These are just little pointers that could improve your stay but do not hinder your stay at all. We found the hotel and room to be very cold, there is a very small blow heater on the ceiling that wouldn't warm any sized room. Contacted reception and a lovely man came and rebooted the heating and said to contact them if it had not warmed up in 15 minutes it had been on for a few hours. Re-contacted reception as the room was still cold and was then supplied with a very small blow heater we left it on for a number of hours to heat the room. The rooms need to be sound proofed as we could hear next door phone conversation and partying at 4am. We ate in the hotel's restaurant and all we can say is it was truly beautiful even though we had to listen to a loud hen party. Staff were fantastic, attentive, friendly people, the food was beautiful we had the curry and the value for money was great. All in all we did have a good stay and would still recommend staying here the staff friendliness, cleanliness of the hotel, comfy bed and location was great a 5 minute walk to the arndale centre and a 2 minute walk to china town.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post your most constructive review following your recent stay with us; it really is appreciated. I was pleased to hear that all in all you had a good stay and that you would recommend us to others. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back too again very soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked 2 bedrooms for a business stay costing around £100 a night. I booked this hotel as I wanted to look at the conference and meeting facilities.

On arrival, the bedrooms had gone down under my first name, a member of staff simply told me that we had no reservations. It wasn't until I asked again that it was checked and found.

Breakfast didn't start until 7am, we had to leave at 6.45am and so did not sample this.

The rooms were tiny, for £100 I expect a lot more than that in Manchester. The bathroom was dated and a little grotty. My TV was not working on arrival and I had to go down and call maintenance. The poor person at reception had to radio every department before someone responded.

The AC/Heating was not easy to work, my colleague had the same problem. We were both very uncomfortable during the evening. But the worst was at about 4am when I could hear someone in an upstairs or adjacent room (sounded like they were in my bathroom) talking very loudly (read shouting), drinking prosecco (room service brought them champagne in error at first, that's how much I could hear!), and generally just keeping me awake for a few hours.

I've stayed in a lot of Accor hotels, this really was a bad stay.

Room tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest

Guest feedback is very important to us and I therefore thank you for sharing your experience. I am only too sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion; please accept my apologies.

Your feedback has been duly noted but hope sometime in the future that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in us.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The Mercure in Manchester was reallly fantastic. Me and 5 friends stayed over for a 21st weekend. The staff are so friendly, the rooms are very clean, and good size. The shop, clubs, pubs and restaurants are really close to the hotel. have stayed at this hotel 3or4 times and im sure this isn't goin to be the last. it was fab and I love it.

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had an amazing time when you stayed with us recently with your group of friends. Your feedback is really appreciated and hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times now, generally the staff are nice and helpful, and the rooms are quite good. Bathrooms are large and showers are very nice. We have stayed here a couple of times when travelling to Manchester as it is right on Piccadilly gardens and a short walk to Chinatown also!

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of our Hotel following your recent stays with us. Our central location is indeed extremely popular with our guests and I am glad that our location works well for you.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next visiting Manchester.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Arrived quite late. Receptionist really welcoming and efficient, thank you.Given a high room so traffic noise minimal
Room fine if a tad outdated. Bathroom good with loads of hot water. Maid service brill too.
Walls paper thin. Kept awake all night by energetic and vocal couple in next room. Staff aware of this next morning so guess its a regular occurrence (shame I wasn't warned beforehand).
Being a single female traveller, I prefer not to have to eat in the restaurant and expect hotels of this standard to provide a good variety of food in their room service (most do these days). Sadly this isn't the case unless you want chips, bread, pizza or pasta. If you're watching your weight you have to go to the restaurant to enjoy the salads on offer. Rather than do this, I bought M&S salads from around the corner each evening meaning a loss of revenue for hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JulieJessup

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your constructive review following your stay with us; your feedback has been duly noted. On a future visit to the City, I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back and allow us to provide you with an overall positive experience.