“Excellent location”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #70 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Ideally situated in middle of Manchester,surrounded by numerous bars and restaurants. Trams run from just around the corner.

Check in was quite slow with just 1 person on Reception.

Room was clean. Bed was comfortable.

Would suggest you ask for a room on a high floor as imagine lower floors would be noisy,

Car park is a total rip off at £15 and breakfast is £13.95 if you pay on the day

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I was pleased hear that our central location in the City suited your needs and indeed we do get many positive comments on this subject. As City Centre hotel too, having our own onsite car park which is secure and as you know only steps away from our front door, is also of great benefit to our guests. We are transparent with our car parking charge; a charge that has always been in operation at the Hotel. We do compare our price regularly with other car parks in our immediate vicinity and as some of these currently charge between £22-£24 per overnight stay, we believe our £15.00 charge compares very favourably.

Many thanks once again and I do hope that on a future visit to the City, we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Central hotel with parking. Rooms are decorated well but some of the furniture is a little dated (616). Bathrooms need renovating, but ok for price (£55 per night). Breakfast is extra but is more than reasonable and have a cooked to order menu as well as a buffet.

Staff couldn't be any more helpful and knew what they were doing. Good choice for mid week stay when trying to keep the expenses low. Can't fault the hotel in terms of value for money. I imagine some money has been spent recently renovating the rooms but more is needed on the bathrooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review following your stay with us; it is appreciated that you have taken the time to do so. I was pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your time with us. Whilst writing, I am pleased to confirm that we are commencing with a rolling programme of bathroom refurbishment works.

Thank you once again and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I Dont usually review hotels I stay in for business as they are all much if a muchness. However, I was so impressed with this room I felt I should shout about it a bit! I had a privilege double which has a seating area, slippers, bathrobes etc. An entire wall of windows looking out over the city was lovely. A very spacious room, I've seen smaller studio apartments! Very clean, comfy bed, excellent room service. If i had to find a small criticism it would only be that the tv is quite small and the room so big that you can't really watch TV in bed.... But that's what the sofa is for! The advance purchase rate was a bargain for this room, I will make this my regular base when in Manchester.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank seasidegirl26
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you were impressed with our privilege room - like many other guests, they are impressed with the views of the city from our windows. The team and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you next have cause to visit Manchester.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 5 February 2014

It's a very convenient 3-4stars hotel located about 7-10minutes away from the Manchester Piccadilly Station. The hotel did appear to be old but ell maintained. It's a Saturday when my girlfriend and I went so the price are slightly on the high side. However, compare with the other hotels nearby and if you don't mind not staying in a luxury hotel, this is a good hotel that worth every money you spend. Wills still consider coming back to. The same hotel for my next visit.

Hotel staffs are not unfriendly but don't find them friendly either. So I am pretty reserve on my view on their customer service aspect of it. Anyway, one thing worth mentioning is that they do allow me to check-in earlier at about 11:45am even though the check in time is at 2pm. But once again, the staff was first reluctant for me to do that and gave us a not so happy face when I requested for it. I suppose is pretty common for guest to ask for that and most good hotel will happily accommodate whenever they can.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

Indeed many of our guests do find the convenience of our central location of great benefit. The Hotel will be celebrating soon its 50th year and although the look of the building outside may give the impression of being old, inside the hotel has certainly seen some modern changes over the years.

I was pleased to hear that we were able to check you into the hotel earlier in the day and indeed, if a guest's particular room type is available, we will always accommodate guests sooner if we can. I was sorry to hear that the team didn't come across in a more friendly manner at the time; I will certainly share your feedback with them.

Many thanks once again for your review and do hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to the City.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here for a belated anniversary and pre valentines day. Booked a suite to spoil ourselves, it was amazing. Situated on the 14th floor, furnished modern, spectacular views. coffee machine, bath robes and slippers, Lounge, free wifi, two tvs full tea service. Parking available at £15 a day. Highly recommend for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post your review following your belated anniversary and pre valentines day stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to play a part in your celebration. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

David Daly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
ABode Manchester
ABode Manchester
#22 of 120 in Manchester

Been to Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel? Share your experiences!